The Nevers, Season 1B, Tubi (February/March) Roku (Spring)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:mjtf: Pull your skirt down, b

Either the show is something worth recommending or not, that’s what this forum is for :what:

If you like 4400/Heroes/The Gifted, except where people behave like they're on Angel even though they're in a Steampunk (and less dark/more whimsical) version of a Penny Dreadful/From Hell 1890's London universe, you might as well watch the pilot.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
If you like 4400/Heroes/The Gifted, except where people behave like they're on Angel even though they're in a Steampunk (and less dark/more whimsical) version of a Penny Dreadful/From Hell 1890's London universe, you might as well watch the pilot.
Y'all gonna give Whedon his props, and Penny Dreadful was a sh!tshow, I'm tired of it being brought up.and I also wanna slay the dragon.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Y'all gonna give Whedon his props, and Penny Dreadful was a sh!tshow, I'm tired of it being brought up.and I also wanna slay the dragon.

I don't mind this show that much, but to me so far the characters on this are not as good as the ones on Penny Dreadful at all. Why does the main clairvoyant character have to have "vampire slayer" fighting skills? The Steampunk tech genius character seems kind of like a ripoff of the mechanic from Firefly to me, and... come to think of it, every other character seems to be a stock character we've seen before. I mean, the head of the "mutant school" is in a wheelchair? :aicmon:
Yet another version of Jack the Ripper running around :comeon:. But this time its a girl, like on Orphan Black.

Based on the ending, I'm guessing they're ripping off The 4400 and there are beings from The Future that have gone back in time to give people powers in order to influence history to turn out a certain way.

I didn't think anybody was as interesting as Penny Dreadful's version of Frankenstein's monster, for example.

Still, I wasn't bored, and I was unable to understand the plot without getting confused, and I liked the effects, so I'll at least keep watching.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The pilot episode was fun and you can see all of the Joss Whedon hallmarks in it.

I'll be curious to see how much that changes as the show progresses and we get episodes that were done after Whedon left the project completely.

daemonova

Daps
The pilot episode was fun and you can see all of the Joss Whedon hallmarks in it.

I'll be curious to see how much that changes as the show progresses and we get episodes that were done after Whedon left the project completely.
Whedon was in charge of the whole first season. Others might direct and write.

daemonova

Daps
Joss Whedon is responsible for some of the most beloved genre television series ever made, from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” to “Firefly” and “Dollhouse.” Now Whedon is back with HBO’s “The Nevers,” albeit with a twist. While Whedon created and executive produced the Victorian Era science fiction series, he announced in November he was stepping away from the series. By this point, “The Nevers” had already wrapped production on its six-episode first season. Whedon is no longer involved with “The Nevers,” but HBO’s teaser trailer for the show is peak Whedon with its clashing of genres and super-powered female action heroes.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Maladie and True are more connected :ohhh:

Also Maladie setting up that Joker situation at the end there :mjlol:

Lavinia playing both sides :ohhh:

daemonova

Daps

You should try the Stoker. #hbomax