The Nevers, Season 1B, Tubi (February/March) Roku (Spring)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
thought it was gonna be that GOT spinoff but maybe the final season did enough to damage that brand forever :russ:

honestly I feel like maybe I'm getting too old & out of touch to know what shows will become hits, but I don't even feel like young people (at least younger than me) watch TV as a main form of entertainment anymore...imagine the tastes of someone who sits around watch youtube/ig/tik tok all day :hhh:
From what I’m noticing, their focus is still on them GoT prequels. Brand is hated on by the internet yet the streaming numbers say otherwise haha. George R.R. Martin signed a deal recently and it looks like HBO is going all in again.

I bring up The Gilded Age because if the budget of that is any indication, they’re also banking on that to have success as well. I sure do miss them crime dramas you could just vibe out to though.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
From what I’m noticing, their focus is still on them GoT prequels. Brand is hated on by the internet yet the streaming numbers say otherwise haha. George R.R. Martin signed a deal recently and it looks like HBO is going all in again.

I bring up The Gilded Age because if the budget of that is any indication, they’re also banking on that to have success as well. I sure do miss them crime dramas you could just vibe out to though.

thing is I'd like a crime drama too, but even something like The Knick/Mad Men/The Americans would be good for me from HBO. Just a prestige drama grounded in reality or at least not going too far into mythical elements. I've just never been that much of a fan of fantasy like LTTR or Harry Potter

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
feels like most of HBO's dramas now a days are some middle ages/fantasy shyt

when they gonna bless us with a crime epic again :mjcry: I know they've switched to marketing shows for white women but damn :mjtf:
That's why I can't crown them on this streaming shyt and still put Netflix slightly ahead of them. They definitely get their flowers legacy wise but outside of the Warner Bros material, their actual HBOMax content is spotty and stuck in certain fantasy genres.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
thing is I'd like a crime drama too, but even something like The Knick/Mad Men/The Americans would be good for me from HBO. Just a prestige drama grounded in reality or at least not going too far into mythical elements. I've just never been that much of a fan of fantasy like LTTR or Harry Potter
Agreed. Although I’d cry of joy if they ever brought Carnivale back.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Succession is their best show :ufdup:.

EDIT:
And apparently, Barry is their highest rated show:
HBO TV Show Ratings (updated 12/30/20) - canceled + renewed TV shows - TV Series Finale

And that IS a crime dram-edy

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

when they gonna bless us with a crime epic again :mjcry: I know they've switched to marketing shows for white women but damn :mjtf:

The one I've been waiting for, for a while is Michael Mann's Tokyo Vice but production got shut down a couple days into filming because of COVID :beli:

Edit: They resumed filming in November and Shang-Chi's Destin Daniel Cretton is directing the rest of the episodes after Mann :ohhh:

Yakuza shyt :whoo:
michael-mann-tokyo-vice.jpg

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Succession is their best show :ufdup:.

EDIT:
And apparently, Barry is their highest rated show:
HBO TV Show Ratings (updated 12/30/20) - canceled + renewed TV shows - TV Series Finale

And that IS a crime dram-edy

yea Succession is carrying the drama mantle for them right now & I gotta sit down and give Barry a proper watch (always got it on in the background)

The one I've been waiting for, for a while is Michael Mann's Tokyo Vice but production got shut down a couple days into filming because of COVID :beli:

Edit: They resumed filming in November and Shang-Chi's Destin Daniel Cretton is directing the rest of the episodes after Mann :ohhh:

sounds like this could end up being the Japanese Gomorrah :whoo::gladbron:hope it's kept gritty & doesn't get too over the top

also Mann shooting Tokyo :banderas:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

I haven't heard about this :whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Whedon said "give him his props":smugbiden:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
How is it brehs? I am trying my best to stay home and be a good student, need more media content :dead:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Herr Star finally got his hair back.

:mjcry:

I recognized the voice and delivery, but couldn't place who he was until they showed the BTS interviews at the end. Then seeing him without the wig :gladbron:

1st episode was cool, obviously setting up a lot of stuff. The 2 main ladies stood out and the action was on point.

I'll keep watching since a 6 episode commitment isn't much and I'm curious how the larger story with shape up with the reason for The Touched existing and some of the things hinted at in future scenes.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

They have the Mare of Easttown coming up, if you are into murder mystery/detective shows.