The Nevers, Season 1B, Tubi (February/March) Roku (Spring)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I knew Lavinia was going to turn out to be a bad guy. Olivia Williams has spent the last 15 years playing nothing but shady ass characters in everything she's been in.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I dont know exactly why, but i kinda like this show.

I have to confess that I expected to HATE this, and that that I would "hate watch" it for a few episodes. Truth is, I think Joss Whedon is overrated and that the Snyder Cut basically exposed his lack of talent, and I expected to be telling the world to avoid this :trash: show.

But half way through the second episode I had to admit it...I actually DO kind of like this show.
I think they're doing a reasonably good job so far with the mix of "powers". They're not tied to X-Men or any known comic universe, so they are free to be original. There's no super overpowered characters yet like on Heroes, but the HBO budget means that they CAN afford to do special effects-based power, unlike a basic cable show like The 4400.

And I'd like to claim that I saw the "twist" coming, but just a few minutes earlier I was saying "This guy with the Warg powers is stupid for not telling his sister about it. Why are you hiding this?" Obviously, that would have been the wrong move.

I guess what I didn't expect is that, even though they're kind of doing yet another take on the story of "Jack the Ripper", they find a way to somehow make the show seem more "lighthearted" than most fantasy shows set in London in this time period.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
With the guy with powers like Bran, why do I feel this what HBO scrambled to put this together once they realized Bloodmoon wasn't going to happen, probably called Whedon to help them out.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
All the conversations with and about Maladie are overdone and are trying to sell this main antagonist as this super threat but she's just comes off a annoyingly crazy without much menace.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
All the conversations with and about Maladie are overdone and are trying to sell this main antagonist as this super threat but she's just comes off a annoyingly crazy without much menace.

Doesn't seem like she's the main antagonist at all.
She seems like the equivalent to the killer clone in the first season of Orphan Black.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Doesn't seem like she's the main antagonist at all.
She seems like the equivalent to the killer clone in the first season of Orphan Black.

Fair enough, wheelchair lady might end up being the true villain behind it all but I'm less than impressed by the Maladie character.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Fair enough, wheelchair lady might end up being the true villain behind it all but I'm less than impressed by the Maladie character.

They seemed to be pointing at the Mad Scientist as the "Big Bad", but then in the second episode
His henchmen referred to the Wheelchair Lady as "The Boss", and when she showed up she talked down to him for saying "ain't we got fun". Because "This isn't fun, this is war."
She's clearly the true villain.

Maladie just seems to be their take on "Jack the Ripper".

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps

Maladie is just there as the first season enemy to give the good guys a W

You can even tell Bonfire Annie is the brains behind their scheme and might even be stronger. Then there’s wheelchair lady in the cut

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I don't think this is spoiler talk but from the may previews , the six episodes is only the first half of the season.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Watched Ep2 and thought it was kinda mid

This feels like a show Whedon would've done on Fox 10 years ago