The NETFLIX QUINCY JONES documentary shows that DRE AND KANYE aint nowhere near this dude

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Triple six mafia is who created the substantial audio phile based idea.
of melding rap with classically trained instruments in arrangement and actual sonic manipulation. to rip away the disconnect to classical music in the pop era tho.

Old producers and audiophiles did not do this.
Triple six did.
Before that classical music had complete overall sonic disconnect.

Art Barr

We already saw Coolio do that with multiple pop hits

So you can't really say there was a disconnect,these are classic records in hiphop. Plus there is still a disconnect with classical music as there should be, unless you are counting rappers using live bands,and thats not because of 3-6. Plus the most important point is the fact their impact on modern day music is overstated. Not to mention they are considered thieves and ripoff artist,even worse than Dr Dre. The credit they are given should be kept light,and in perspective of that.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
hayes did have some jazzy-blues stuff

but it wasn't anywhere near what quincy was doing

Category:Albums arranged by Quincy Jones - Wikipedia

Jones, Quincy

The Arranger

:whoa: im not saying Isaac's jazz catalog is equal, but more so he was equal in ability/talent. Quincy had at least a 12 year start on dude. By time Isaac got going cats didnt really need jazz to get a rep like that, i feel if he was around back then he would've been doing similar material eventually migrating to the popular stuff he's known for. A lot of cats dont even know Isaac was a jazz head.

Breh has beautiful compositions
:blessed:

I'll be posting all day, i'll just stop here/dont want to derail the thread of an equally respected goat. Big Boy table music shyt.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
We already saw Coolio do that with multiple pop hits

So you can't really say there was a disconnect,these are classic records in hiphop. Plus there is still a disconnect with classical music as there should be, unless you are counting rappers using live bands,and thats not because of 3-6. Plus the most important point is the fact their impact on modern day music is overstated. Not to mention they are considered thieves and ripoff artist,even worse than Dr Dre. The credit they are given should be kept light,and in perspective of that.

i replied and lost the reply when my phone died.
So sorry for any lost content and fluidity to try to recreate my response. Where it indepthly answers you post.
yet in that reply i explain the timeline culturally you missed.
From the horrorcore Mecca based beginnings. To the culturally taboo base ideal of esham to natas. Plus how that entire sector which includes. What would become the double time gangsta rap ruthless style submissions. That would power the mainstream explosion of bone. While culturally and dually the impact of who the fellowship was culturally in a mainstream sense was squelched. As well.
To even associate coolio with a cultural submission for those records. That I know you are in error as coolio was viewed as done culturally with those submission. After he sold out from the original wc era coolio.

Not to mention,...
If orchestra based rap was culturally endorsed for coolio.
Ras kass, would have resonated culturally when he used the been there done that opera sample with dre as well.
Plus, would have metriculated over to coolio and him from Miami life. Yet ras kass is viewed as selling out for using the dre, been there done that sample. Which easily put ras in the cultural doghouse on rassassination. Which ras is not properly credited for. When it comes to his style of the mix tape to return from the depths of sellout cultural admin hell.

I wish I had the original post to this.

Yet you are in error to say coolio is credited culturally for sampling opera based records as a credible culture submission. When he was viewed completely.
as a sellout pop artist in that exact era and time after the wc era coolio.

Not to mention even dre is not credited with been there done that as a sample based submission.

It would not be till after mood's hi Tec and his submission were used by west coast aftermath accepted cultural legacy artist by way of Eminem to dre.

Would this whole neo soul aftermath legacy sound arise as well.
Where now classical music is somehow accepted as this cultural production sample submission base for hip hop. As aftermath has latched onto.
being basically a neo soul legacy label at this point. Which extends from the hi Tec west coast artist production. Where it meets interpolated biter jay dee of filtered bass line chops and sampling as well. In the same vein as neo soul went into from the kedar slash chico slash deangleo/angie stone meddling meets erykah production style.
to jay Dee's sonic style submissions.
also being logged into the lexicon of what neo soul, "should sound like".

Before that,...
Especially when coolio dropped.

Coolio was not viewed as culturally endorsed artist.

Gangsta paradise, fantastic voyage and even county line never were spun at culture based parties. If a DJ did that back then in a. Culture based setting. That DJ would have been treated as though he played the perculator in a culture based setting.

The whole idea of classically trained sample Submission being indoctrinated culturally. Did not begin till well and away after the whole try to get jiggy over era in the 2000's.

Art Barr

Benefited

Banned
Daps
i replied and lost the reply when my phone died.
So sorry for any lost content and fluidity to try to recreate my response. Where it indepthly answers you post.
yet in that reply i explain the timeline culturally you missed.
From the horrorcore Mecca based beginnings. To the culturally taboo base ideal of esham to natas. Plus how that entire sector which includes. What would become the double time gangsta rap ruthless style submissions. That would power the mainstream explosion of bone. While culturally and dually the impact of who the fellowship was culturally in a mainstream sense was squelched. As well.
To even associate coolio with a cultural submission for those records. That I know you are in error as coolio was viewed as done culturally with those submission. After he sold out from the original wc era coolio.

Not to mention,...
If orchestra based rap was culturally endorsed for coolio.
Ras kass, would have resonated culturally when he used the been there done that opera sample with dre as well.
Plus, would have metriculated over to coolio and him from Miami life. Yet ras kass is viewed as selling out for using the dre, been there done that sample. Which easily put ras in the cultural doghouse on rassassination. Which ras is not properly credited for. When it comes to his style of the mix tape to return from the depths of sellout cultural admin hell.

I wish I had the original post to this.

Yet you are in error to say coolio is credited culturally for sampling opera based records as a credible culture submission. When he was viewed completely.
as a sellout pop artist in that exact era and time after the wc era coolio.

Not to mention even dre is not credited with been there done that as a sample based submission.

It would not be till after mood's hi Tec and his submission were used by west coast aftermath accepted cultural legacy artist by way of Eminem to dre.

Would this whole neo soul aftermath legacy sound arise as well.
Where now classical music is somehow accepted as this cultural production sample submission base for hip hop. As aftermath has latched onto.
being basically a neo soul legacy label at this point. Which extends from the hi Tec west coast artist production. Where it meets interpolated biter jay dee of filtered bass line chops and sampling as well. In the same vein as neo soul went into from the kedar slash chico slash deangleo/angie stone meddling meets erykah production style.
to jay Dee's sonic style submissions.
also being logged into the lexicon of what neo soul, "should sound like".

Before that,...
Especially when coolio dropped.

Coolio was not viewed as culturally endorsed artist.

Gangsta paradise, fantastic voyage and even county line never were spun at culture based parties. If a DJ did that back then in a. Culture based setting. That DJ would have been treated as though he played the perculator in a culture based setting.

The whole idea of classically trained sample Submission being indoctrinated culturally. Did not begin till well and away after the whole try to get jiggy over era in the 2000's.

Art Barr

People didn't hate Gangstas Paradise until it became huge with white people and they ruined it,and Coolio wasn't respected enough in his role in Maad Circle to be ousted from hiphop for any sin. He didnt have cultural relevancy like that. As well as it is not the complete story to say Ras Kass submission was rejected due to it being opera sample,which I don't think it is heard that way by many btw. As it sounds like just another sound in the g funk toolbox. The change of content is what got Ras Kass rejected ,as he was strongly embraced by purist similar to Nas after It Was Written. Coolio was rejected because his first solo submission, was such a big crossover act,he was seen as someone who was a one hit wonder who got lucky,laid no real groundwork in the streets or culturally first musically. Who just got lucky with a watered down commercial joint. But you said in the pop era,so it doesn't really matter how he was viewed culturally. The main point is just that the disconnect was not there,and you provided more proof with Ras Kass,3-6 shouldn't be credited for bridging anything.

Plus DJ Paul was a Eazy E stan. I'm sure there is influence there and even he would acknowledge Eazy-E's genius is what blew up bone thugs. Eazy was already on that horrorcore shyt,as was Bone Thugs to an extent though I don't really consider him hardcore. Eazy seemed to get more demonic around 93 w/ the Straight Off The Streets of Compton joint that got shelved. Eazy was in Cali,he would be more likely to be influenced by Brotha Lynch and Black Market records. If Bone was modeled after anyone I would say him. I tend to think all these dudes were getting some demonic spirits that had them all thinking in similar wavelengths. This is why you don't play around with that devil shyt.

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Timbaland >>>>> Paul & J. If I'm not mistaken Juicy J is even on record attesting to Timbaland being a great. And the kicker is he had a Timbaland track on his album. Try again.
Never said that he wasn't a great but he's not better than Paul and j. I just find it funny how youre quick to defend timbo but try to downplay Paul and j when they have produced better albums.
Yeah go ahead and talk about the rnb albums now cause God knows he ain't fukking with them on some rap shyt:laff:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mike had a major hand in that as well, folks can check the later Jacksons albums, especially Destiny and Triumph for proof, the sound was already in place.

The key word is helped curate. MJ definitely went to Quincy for a reason. MJ's run of classics wouldn't have been what they were without Quincy.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never said that he wasn't a great but he's not better than Paul and j. I just find it funny how youre quick to defend timbo but try to downplay Paul and j when they have produced better albums.
Yeah go ahead and talk about the rnb albums now cause God knows he ain't fukking with them on some rap shyt:laff:

Breh, Juicy J and Paul are not on Timbaland's level if we just strictly kept it Hip Hop. When other producers drop their Top 5, I guarantee Timbo's name is on it where Paul & J won't get a mention.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Breh, Juicy J and Paul are not on Timbaland's level if we just strictly kept it Hip Hop. When other producers drop their Top 5, I guarantee Timbo's name is on it where Paul & J won't get a mention.

:mjlol:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
When Ray Charles played for him I cried real tears :mjcry:

And his resume had me :damn:

Any one of his accomplishments would be a normal person's life work..... making Sinatra hot.... MJ.... Color Purple.... Fresh Prince.... Vibe Magazine... I'm forgetting a whole bunch of shyt

Anyone trying to compare Quincy to a damn RAP PRODUCER doesn't know a damn thing about music :camby:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Mannie Fresh cited Matronix, Timbaland, Dr. Dre, T-Mix, and Just Blaze as Top 5 producers. He drops another list below and still doesn't include Paul & J, but still lists Timbo:

Mike Will Made It- Mike WiLL: “This list could go on forever. Dr. Dre and Timbaland are definitely the pioneers. Dr. Dre was the first one with that knock on a street level. I always admired his drums, and his sounds were always so crazy.

Beyond The Beats: Mike WiLLInfluences

Sounwave-
Who inspired you musically growing up?

I credit two people. One is Timbaland and the first single he did with Magoo, “Up Jumps Da Boogie.” That song helped me understand the production world. It was the first time I heard a song and dissected the beat. I thought, “Oh, that’s producing.” Timbaland got me into wanting to produce records.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...ve-producer-interview-top-dawg-kendrick-lamar

Honorable C.N.O.T.E.-
How would you describe your upbringing in Michigan, as well as your early musical influences who helped shape you as a producer?

We had this guy that goes by the name of DJ Camouflage. He had a little rap group and we would go into his house and he'd be making beats on a DR-5. That was the first time I was influenced. Then, I always liked T-Mix, who was a big influence of mine. When Roc-A-Fella started, I was a Kanye West and Just Blaze head -- Timbaland too. All three of them.

Honorable C.N.O.T.E. Talks Studio Sessions With Travis Scott & Trippie Redd, How Going Vegan Changed His Life

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Does anybody know what the name of the song is from Back on the block when they show the older lady singing (not Ella Fitzgerald)