The NETFLIX QUINCY JONES documentary shows that DRE AND KANYE aint nowhere near this dude

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cheese accolade?

You’re doing everything in your power to indirectly discredit them so there is no point for a critical discussion on impact or influence.

Juicy And Paul were never dominant procurers according to who?

I heard Kendrick’s Be Humble, I know who made the beat and who it was originally intended for..

I don’t care what you favorite beat was, you’re making back handed compliments and indirectly disrespecting their achievements..

Our discussion is useless

I'm not doing everything in my power to discredit them. What you're doing is retroactively giving them props for sounds that were made popular by other producers during the height of their careers. Nobody is saying they weren't influential. You're in here saying the music of the past 17 years can be traced back to them, which is clearly not true. And no, they were never dominant producers. Dominance means you're pretty much omnipresent.

Nobody even brought up Paul & J until you did. If they were every bit as great as you are making them out to be, it would go without saying.

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
The closest hip-hop equivalence to Quincy from a production standpoint would be the Dungeon Family and their catalogue.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I'm not doing everything in my power to discredit them. What you're doing is retroactively giving them props for sounds that were made popular by other producers during the height of their careers. Nobody is saying they weren't influential. You're in here saying the music of the past 17 years can be traced back to them, which is clearly not true. And no, they were never dominant producers. Dominance means you're pretty much omnipresent.

Nobody even brought up Paul & J until you did. If they were every bit as great as you are making them out to be, it would go without saying.

My G,

Cheese accolades?

You started your opinion off with that as it pertained to their Oscar then went on to imply they were never dominant producers only to say Sippin on Syrup was your favorite beat?

Yeah, we can’t have civilized critical discourse if you don’t even respect their contributions.

It’s clear you fukk with Dre.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My G,

Cheese accolades?

You started your opinion off with that as it pertained to their Oscar then went on to imply they were never dominant producers only to say Sippin on Syrup was your favorite beat?

Yeah, we can’t have civilized critical discourse if you don’t even respect their contributions.

It’s clear you fukk with Dre.

Yes, cheese accolades. And that really wasn't a shot at Paul & J. Dre has a Grammy for producer of the year. I meant that it was a cheese accolade where influence isn't.

Still, Paul & J were never dominant producers. They never had a point in music where they were everywhere in which everybody was getting music from them.

Breh, this thread has Dre in the title. Nobody even cared to mention Paul & J until your post. Thread had nothing to do with Paul & J. You just inserted them into an argument to which they didn't belong and then proceeded to back it up with a Joe Budden podcast.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Of course they're not close to him.

The funniest thing about Quincy to me is that to this day you can find jazz purists who consider him to be a disgusting sellout for venturing into r&b and pop.There's nothing like a jazz grudge, or a jazz elitist.
:russ:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Yes, cheese accolades. And that really wasn't a shot at Paul & J. Dre has a Grammy for producer of the year. I meant that it was a cheese accolade where influence isn't.

Still, Paul & J were never dominant producers. They never had a point in music where they were everywhere in which everybody was getting music from them.

Breh, this thread has Dre in the title. Nobody even cared to mention Paul & J until your post. Thread had nothing to do with Paul & J. You just inserted them into an argument to which they didn't belong and then proceeded to back it up with a Joe Budden podcast.

Say less..

You’re having circular dialogue now. You don’t need to shyt on Juice & Paul anymore then you already have.

You fukk with Dre.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Say less..

You’re having circular dialogue now. You don’t need to shyt on Juice & Paul anymore then you already have.

You fukk with Dre.

This isn't circular dialogue. Regardless of what I think about Dre, Juice & Paul were pretty much irrelevant to this thread. You inserted them. Therefore, you should've been prepared for any rebuttal or disrespect towards them for making the comparisons you made especially since this thread had nothing to do with them.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course they're not close to him.

The funniest thing about Quincy to me is that to this day you can find jazz purists who consider him to be a disgusting sellout for venturing into r&b and pop.There's nothing like a jazz grudge, or a jazz elitist.
:russ:

Hip Hop purists have that same attitude though. An artist branches out to other genres, they get a sellout tag.

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
there's like three different discussions going on in this thread :hhh::mjlol:

Dr. Dre and Kanye get compared to Q because they're premier producers in the genre (and the first two names whites will rattle off :troll:) and because they "produce"; they may not necessarily make the beat :patrice:.

Fitting comparison if you ask me :manny:

Of course them nikkas are nowhere near Quincy Jones and they'd tell you that themselves :martin::what:

Dr. Dre was on that doc paying homage to the Gawd.

But, Dr. Dre is the Quincy Jones of hip-hop :sas2:. Hands down :dahell:

nikkas can debate all day, but ultimately all roads lead back to Dre in that discussion :leon::umad::camby:

DJ Paul & Juicy J are godfathers in this shyt :ufdup:

Them nikkas heavily infuenced, if not birthed the sound that's dominant today.

Truth be told, they need their props. They never really did any big hits for other artists besides the UGK/Kast joint.

Nor did they really produce too much outside of HCP :snoop:

I was :sadbron::ooh: when I heard that Paul beat on Drake's album :ohlawd:.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Hip Hop purists have that same attitude though. An artist branches out to other genres, they get a sellout tag.
Yea but jazz purists have no respect for most other genres of music based on the fact that rock/rap/pop/etc artists can't read music, can't write music, etc. So it's like an entirely different level of elitism based on whether you can "play" or not. Whereas a rock or rap purist just prefers their own genre and doesn't like sellouts.

I bet there's some weirdo elitist jazz forum where people hate on Thriller for being a simplistic pop album that Quincy did to make money lmao.

Daps
Reppin
prosper any where on earth
Quincy compared to anyone in hip hop isn't applicable.

He done more then r&b, he done jazz and bass nova and 60s pop... it's not reasonable and he's 85, why compare someone who's lived their whole life to others who ain't even live half of jones's.:snoop: jones started a magazine and tv shows.... come on now....:ufdup:

Dr.Dre is a God, he gave kendrick a bigger platform.... he's still pushing without producing..he helped Eminem on his new album too.

Which was one his best ones in a long time.

Juice and Paul are trap gods too but, they don't have success like Dre or Kanye

They successors though are a bunch of copy cats that made it better then them and succeeded in this new era.

Kanye fooled people with his contributions, he had mad help..and it keeps leaking out each time it can...

Timbo, 2nd to dre... his work from 97 til is still rocking.... PONY and can't stand the rain still going and nikka what nikka who still dope..

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Dre was presented with a Quincy Jones lifetime achievement award. Quincy done been shytted on Ye and Just Blaze was acting like his wife caping for Ye talking about how Quincy wouldn't know his way around an MPC.

This can't be life was practically an xplosive sample.