The NETFLIX QUINCY JONES documentary shows that DRE AND KANYE aint nowhere near this dude

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Try to constantly downplay Paul and j while you dikkride timbo brehs:laff:

Timbaland >>>>> Paul & J. If I'm not mistaken Juicy J is even on record attesting to Timbaland being a great. And the kicker is he had a Timbaland track on his album. Try again.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Timbaland >>>>> Paul & J. If I'm not mistaken Juicy J is even on record attesting to Timbaland being a great. And the kicker is he had a Timbaland track on his album. Try again.

Stop it..

Stop it.....

How?

Giving props to fellow producers isn’t an admission that they’re better

You’re smarter than this, I hope..?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait what?

I’m not saying Dre didn’t or Ye for that matter, I’m saying they aren’t the vanguard or the standard.

The dominant sound of today? Arguably the the last 17 years and counting

Transcending genres
Moving scoring
Commercials

Don’t let Netflix control the narrative. When I heard Budden and them talking about Three Six in the same breath as BIG, Hov, and Snoop all I could think about was how we established that here first

Their documentary hasn’t been made yet

and for the record, Ball & Gs sound is nothing/was nothing like Juice and Pauls

You're in here talking about not letting Netflix control narrative. Breh, there wouldn't be a Netflix doc on Quincy had he not been as impactful and influential as he's been on music. And of all people you're in here praising a Budden podcast, but talking about a Netflix control the narrative.

Dre is the vanguard or standard more so than Paul & J.

And let's not begin to talk about the Memphis sound without discussing Ball & G. You can't tell me the songs below weren't predecessors of what Paul & J were doing:

Superstar
Daps
You're in here talking about not letting Netflix control narrative. Breh, there wouldn't be a Netflix doc on Quincy had he not been as impactful and influential as he's been on music. And of all people you're in here praising a Budden podcast, but talking about a Netflix control the narrative.

Dre is the vanguard or standard more so than Paul & J.

And let's not begin to talk about the Memphis sound without discussing Ball & G. You can't tell me the songs below weren't predecessors of what Paul & J were doing:

Fam I started the thread lol

I know the Memphis sound and I appreciate it, why is Dre the vanguard?

Says who?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop it..

Stop it.....

How?

Giving props to fellow producers isn’t an admission that they’re better

You’re smarter than this, I hope..?

Never said it was an admission of him being better. Dude was implying that Timbaland was somehow wack in comparison to Paul & J, but J is out here giving Timbaland props, which makes his comment absurd.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam I started the thread lol

I know the Memphis sound and I appreciate it, why is Dre the vanguard?

Says who?

Dre is the vanguard because there is nearly 30 years of Hip Hop history that can be traced back to Dre. Everybody from Kast to Brat to Bad Boy to No Limit to even the aforementioned Ball & G to nearly everybody in the industry was influenced by The Chronic album.

Superstar
Daps
Dre is the vanguard because there is nearly 30 years of Hip Hop history that can be traced back to Dre. Everybody from Kast to Brat to Bad Boy to No Limit to even the aforementioned Ball & G to nearly everybody in the industry was influenced by The Chronic album.

Fam..

Accolades are cool.. three six has those too but I refuse to make this that kind of convo..

A lot of what’s going on right now and the last 17 years (an counting) can be traced back to Juice & Paul..

You scared to acknowledge that?

Dre dropped an album in 2015 and it was terrible

He’s done.. his impact is solidified but the reach as far as influence has reached its apex

You can’t say that about Juice & Paul

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
The greatest producers don’t see eachother as competitions they leave that to the rappers, they actually enjoy and want to Be inspired by their peers from the past present and future.

Sound is very informative.. and brings a vibe.

** what impresses me most about Quincy like Kanye was that they are visionaries**

Rip ASAP yams

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam..

Accolades are cool.. three six has those too but I refuse to make this that kind of convo..

A lot of what’s going on right now and the last 17 years (an counting) can be traced back to Juice & Paul..

You scared to acknowledge that?

Dre dropped an album in 2015 and it was terrible

He’s done.. his impact is solidified but the reach as far as influence has reached its apex

You can’t say that about Juice & Paul

The influence of The Chronic isn't some cheese accolade like a Grammy or an Oscar or some dude on a podcast talking about the influence. This album influenced legends who all attest to being influenced by that album. Even Budden is comparing Paul & J to an artist who was a product of The Chronic in Snoop.

Breh, you do know what sounds like now has nothing to do with the overall picture. In the last 17 years, music cannot be traced back to Juice & Paul. At the peak of their success, which was 13-17 years ago, Juicy J and DJ Paul were NEVER dominant producers. They were third or fourth tier. They weren't even the biggest producers who made crunk records.

What I'm saying is 30+ years of music can be traced directly back to Dre from NWA to Kendrick Lamar.

Breh, you can't sit there with a straight face and think people don't think Stay Trippy was some masterpiece.

The crazy part about all of this is I like DJ Paul & Juicy J. "Sippin' On Syrup" is one of my favorite beats ever. What's sad is you in here trying to rewrite history just to put them on a pedestal that they aren't even out here making an argument to be placed on. If you like them fine, but to try to make an argument that they somehow eclipse Dre because of crunk and trap music is laughable. Paul & J didn't even popularize either style. They are one of the pioneers of both sounds, neither invented or even popularized either.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope nobody puts Dre on Quincys level

Ye either but ye “made” MBDTF

Ye didn't make MBDTF. He "made" that album in the same sense as Dre made his. You can't downplay Dre's involvement in his own production and then big up an album like MBDTF which has like four or five producers on nearly every song beside Kanye. To take it even further, MBDTF doesn't even hold it's own against Chronic and definitely doesn't stand up to Quincy's work.

Superstar
Daps
The influence of The Chronic isn't some cheese accolade like a Grammy or an Oscar or some dude on a podcast talking about the influence. This album influenced legends who all attest to being influenced by that album. Even Budden is comparing Paul & J to an artist who was a product of The Chronic in Snoop.

Breh, you do know what sounds like now has nothing to do with the overall picture. In the last 17 years, music cannot be traced back to Juice & Paul. At the peak of their success, which was 13-17 years ago, Juicy J and DJ Paul were NEVER dominant producers. They were third or fourth tier. They weren't even the biggest producers who made crunk records.

What I'm saying is 30+ years of music can be traced directly back to Dre from NWA to Kendrick Lamar.

Breh, you can't sit there with a straight face and think people don't think Stay Trippy was some masterpiece.

The crazy part about all of this is I like DJ Paul & Juicy J. "Sippin' On Syrup" is one of my favorite beats ever. What's sad is you in here trying to rewrite history just to put them on a pedestal that they aren't even out here making an argument to be placed on. If you like them fine, but to try to make an argument that they somehow eclipse Dre because of crunk and trap music is laughable. Paul & J didn't even popularize either style. They are one of the pioneers of both sounds, neither invented or even popularized either.

Cheese accolade?

You’re doing everything in your power to indirectly discredit them so there is no point for a critical discussion on impact or influence.

Juicy And Paul were never dominant procurers according to who?

I heard Kendrick’s Be Humble, I know who made the beat and who it was originally intended for..

I don’t care what you favorite beat was, you’re making back handed compliments and indirectly disrespecting their achievements..

Our discussion is useless