The Negatives of Disney Buying the Majority of Fox

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Just thinking about all the dope films and TV shows that fox has made over the years.

Fox may have been annoyingly quick to cancel shows sometimes but man they always took the most interesting risks that other studios wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

And people celebrating a further move to monopoly because of comic book films is the ultimate bread and circuses type shyt.

Many of the people that still talk about the MCU over this, are traitors to competition and quality/abstract film making.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Sure they would. Watch carefully Disney will need to recoup that 52 billion. Remember when AT&T bought direct tv. Then turned around and had layoffs.

Them hoes at disney about to cut the fat.....them folks at ESPN better be prepared for more layoffs.
That's normal though. Price of doing business

According to Deadline, between 5000 and 10000 people will loose their job at FOX (the original report from this deal says this transaction has 2 billion dollars in cost saving from combining overlapping businesses),

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I acutally like some films of the MCU, but fascism is never the answer just to have a few more characters. Like I said earlier, enjoy not having variety.
Dude, I had nothing to do with the merger and fascism is a form of government not when one entertainment company sells a bunch of it's properties to another company. It's not that serious.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Dude, I had nothing to do with the merger and fascism is a form of government not when one entertainment company sells a bunch of it's properties to another company. It's not that serious.

But even condoning it is still just as bad. Why don't you tell that to the other people in this thread about this @Still FloW @MartyMcFly. @Dominic Brehetto

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But even condoning it is still just as bad. Why don't you tell that to the other people in this thread about this @Still FloW @MartyMcFly. @Dominic Brehetto
I didn't condone it I just celebrated the part of the deal that work in my favor. There's a difference. And really that's just as bad as having a direct hand in the deal?! :what: Wow. Hyperbole much?

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Disney might be it's own enemy at this point. They have all these properties now so they better deliver. Some will say Netflix should be shaking in their boots but they got 100 million subscribers already, it's up to Disney to show out with their streaming service. "Oh you took MCU properties but we still got XY and Z programs, so what's really good Mickey?" :birdman:

But overall, everyone is gonna end up paying more. Consumers and companies that may (will) end up having to pay more for distribution.

They haven’t decided what they’re doing with all the scripted programming but the word is fox as a broadcast company is going to focus more on sports, news, and reality tv. Obviously they’re not dumping the simpsons and family guy and I’m sure they’ll do something with the gifted. But Lucifer and lethal weapon and the exorcist? No clue. Also I really wonder what they’ll do with empire
Brooklyn Nine Nine :lupe:
Last Man On Earth :lupe:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Disney might be it's own enemy at this point. They have all these properties now so they better deliver. Some will say Netflix should be shaking in their boots but they got 100 million subscribers already, it's up to Disney to show out with their streaming service. "Oh you took MCU properties but we still got XY and Z programs, so what's really good Mickey?" :birdman:

But overall, everyone is gonna end up paying more. Consumers and companies that may (will) end up having to pay more for distribution.

Brooklyn Nine Nine :lupe:
Last Man On Earth :lupe:
Thinking about it, I have Netflix mainly for their original content now. I think they turned the corner on relying on any outside studio.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
They haven’t decided what they’re doing with all the scripted programming but the word is fox as a broadcast company is going to focus more on sports, news, and reality tv. Obviously they’re not dumping the simpsons and family guy and I’m sure they’ll do something with the gifted. But Lucifer and lethal weapon and the exorcist? No clue. Also I really wonder what they’ll do with empire

Those last three shows you mentioned they're probably keeping since they're WB and Sony productions.

The Gimp

#orangegang
Daps
Reppin
NULL0
FOX did the xmen movies justice

Anyone that wants the xmen movies to be more like ironman or captain America are huge faqqots