The Negatives of Disney Buying the Majority of Fox

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a shyt day for people that aren't a fan of the continued movement towards complete monopolies.

And we will see what happens next with fox.

It won't be a sudden change. They'll probably let fox cook for a bit and then gradually push it further through the disney machine until it's no longer recognizable.

This isn't something that will happen over night. It will probably be a 5-10 year process. And most people will be too busy arguing about comic book movies to notice.

And in that time a company like paramount will probably be bought out as well.
It's pretty much exactly how ESPN morphed into the agenda pushing turd it's become now.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Let's see how this goes :heh: the floor is yours

One source controlling that much intellectual property is concerning for multiple reasons. A major one being the ability to consistently influence the minds of the public consciously and subconsciously through the media they consume, especially children who are going to be bombarded from so many different venues it won't even be funny. Also, the issue of how this is going to impact the different mediums, less competition means less innovation which means less effort and more shytty productions. I mean the last two star wars movies were trash and don't even get me started on the dumpster fire that is marvel comics at the moment and this coming from a marvel stan and a x-men stan at that. This much intellectual property also allows them to control the market in regard of writers, directors, and film producers. Then their is the issue with toys and their ability to impact toy makers decisions to work with other companies just based on the possibility of losing access to their catalog. I mean it isn't the end of the world but having one company having this much cultural influence is concerning.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
One source controlling that much intellectual property is concerning for multiple reasons. A major one being the ability to consistently influence the minds of the public consciously and subconsciously through the media they consume, especially children who are going to be bombarded from so many different venues it won't even be funny. Also, the issue of how this is going to impact the different mediums, less competition means less innovation which means less effort and more shytty productions. I mean the last two star wars movies were trash and don't even get me started on the dumpster fire that is marvel comics at the moment and this coming from a marvel stan and a x-men stan at that. This much intellectual property also allows them to control the market in regard of writers, directors, and film producers. Then their is the issue with toys and their ability to impact toy makers decisions to work with other companies just based on the possibility of losing access to their catalog. I mean it isn't the end of the world but having one company having this much cultural influence is concerning.

:ooh::ooh:

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
Your not going to see a Xmen, deadpool, Spiderman, any Avenger movie, Star wars, Disney movie running at the same time or same month.

So alot less offerings in the theaters now

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I'm surprised that nobody has made a Pac, Cam, or 50 smiley with them wearing Mickey ears yet while repping #disneyset.

Or maybe I've just missed it. :yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
The less studios the better imo. They put out too much trash plus all the good quality writing is on TV/streaming, where they put more in the writers hands.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Writers Guild are so far the only people in the business to demean the deal.

Cause writers feel the crunch way before anyone else. They see the train coming. If there are less venues to sell scripts too or staff, then thats less chances for you to get paid. And writers don't get the same type of checks the actors do. Also its just less places to pitch your original ideas to as well

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Cause writers feel the crunch way before anyone else. They see the train coming. If there are less venues to sell scripts too or staff, then thats less chances for you to get paid. And writers don't get the same type of checks the actors do. Also its just less places to pitch your original ideas to as well
Exactly. Just last year FOX released 25 movies while Disney only released 8.

I doubt Disney will match that figure so now that's 25 writing jobs disappearing in an instant.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
The Writers Guild are so far the only people in the business to demean the deal.

Not surprised, I alluded to this in my earlier post the market for writers will get smaller and it will allow disney to control wages to a certain extent. One potential benefit is that this may force the growth of independent studios due to the internet being such a powerful avenue for dissemination of material and the availability of improving animation tech. Kind of like how in the eighties the only real game into in comic books was marvel and dc and then you get image and dark horse that allowed for a new avenue for comic book writers to take and now you have Idw and boom studios to add to that list but this may end up creating the environment to allow something new to come out and grow.