The Negatives of Disney Buying the Majority of Fox

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
People forget what Walt Disney was.

One giant step closer to fascism, but they use Marvel characters to shield the massive injustice that Rupert Murdoch just pulled off.

Disney is gonna have us all living in their fantasia feminazi meets mother's emasculation group scrub way of neutered natural life.

I feel for these little boys growing up and the girls.
all because they will all grow up thinking and acting in passive aggressive feminazi scrub all powered by those graphic new media female web designer braintrust at Macintosh.

this earth two shyt were all the bihs, fags, weirdo's, cross dressers take over is gonna be the worst.

glad I grew up I the best Gen ever.
all these other Gen sucked, and their child hood are gonna be ever suckier for them. That I wish I could at least make people's child hood's better.

Jim Henson is missed, for real.
we needs Ai to preserve the ways and acts of Jim Henson to be honest.

Art Barr

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
I don't watch Marvel films. Cookie cutter and boring. And looks like I won't be watching future iterations of X-Men/Wolverine etc....:francis:

Luckily I don't watch much TV anymore: homeland and the challenge is all I will be watching in the future.

:wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't watch Marvel films. Cookie cutter and boring. And looks like I won't be watching future iterations of X-Men/Wolverine etc....:francis:

Luckily I don't watch much TV anymore: homeland and the challenge is all I will be watching in the future.

:wow:

Guess who owns Homeland now?:russ:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one suprised at how much fox (studios) was sold for? 52 billi seems not a lot (lol) to me for their entire library?

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ugh. Depends on how draconian they want to be. If anything it may bring tierd pricing. A blockbuster may cost more than a smaller indie or a smaller budget flick. But how does that work with something like Deadpool? Deadpool doesn’t cost much to make but makes a lot of money. So would they charge the same for that as they would Star Wars?

Sure they would. Watch carefully Disney will need to recoup that 52 billion. Remember when AT&T bought direct tv. Then turned around and had layoffs.

Them hoes at disney about to cut the fat.....them folks at ESPN better be prepared for more layoffs.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also it is crazy how disney bought fox studios and disney stock didn't even rise.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It's a shyt day for people that aren't a fan of the continued movement towards complete monopolies.

And we will see what happens next with fox.

It won't be a sudden change. They'll probably let fox cook for a bit and then gradually push it further through the disney machine until it's no longer recognizable.

This isn't something that will happen over night. It will probably be a 5-10 year process. And most people will be too busy arguing about comic book movies to notice.

And in that time a company like paramount will probably be bought out as well.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just thinking about all the dope films and TV shows that fox has made over the years.

Fox may have been annoyingly quick to cancel shows sometimes but man they always took the most interesting risks that other studios wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

And people celebrating a further move to monopoly because of comic book films is the ultimate bread and circuses type shyt.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just thinking about all the dope films and TV shows that fox has made over the years.

Fox may have been annoyingly quick to cancel shows sometimes but man they always took the most interesting risks that other studios wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

And people celebrating a further move to monopoly because of comic book films is the ultimate bread and circuses type shyt.

Which is the shyt im always telling anyone who will listen. "Boo hoo they canceled firefly too quickly" yeah but what other network in that decade would've even aired firefly? Who else would've done the X files and believed in it so strongly even when the ratings were terrible and now its become a cultural phenomenon. They've taken a lot of long shots on stuff that other networks passed on. Some of it worked out, some of it didn't, but that's what risks are

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
glad I'm not invested in these comic shows/movies like that.

wonder how this will change my sundays...ABC ain't fukk with the Critic....so how Disney gonna treat my favorite family and adjacent shows....maybe they all should move to TBS...then we can hear homer say shyt and god damn

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Which is the shyt im always telling anyone who will listen. "Boo hoo they canceled firefly too quickly" yeah but what other network in that decade would've even aired firefly? Who else would've done the X files and believed in it so strongly even when the ratings were terrible and now its become a cultural phenomenon. They've taken a lot of long shots on stuff that other networks passed on. Some of it worked out, some of it didn't, but that's what risks are
What other studio could have made the Simpsons what it was?

Even shyt like the last man on earth which I love,it's such a uniquely fox type of show.

This shyt is wack man. fukk Rupert Murdoch

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
glad I'm not invested in these comic shows/movies like that.

wonder how this will change my sundays...ABC ain't fukk with the Critic....so how Disney gonna treat my favorite family and adjacent shows....maybe they all should move to TBS...then we can hear homer say shyt and god damn

Yeah I'm really curious how sunday works because if Murdoch wants to turn it into sports, reality tv, and news, where does that leave the sunday shows? shyt where does that leave all of their shows? The guys who created The Exorcist just talked about this in an interview last night and they have no clue what's going on. Even though it'll take about a year for all of this to go through, they're not sure how their show or any other show is affected by this and what the landscape will look like 18 months from now. They think FX and FXX may be the new home for Fox stuff or Hulu

And :mjlol: at thinking they're going to give the Simpsons to TBS. Simpsons makes too much money for them to let that go. This whole deal was about steaming and content for streaming. No damn way you give up the Simpsons. Disney is all about licensing and merchandising. Imagine how much they'll profit from Simpsons merchandise.

But on the plus side, that means we get more Simpsons merchandise

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
yeah I know :mjcry: wistful thinking.

wonder what'll happen to Simpsons Universal...but DisneySimpsons Land....:ohhh: Put that shyt in California Adventure and I'd go every fukking year

parallax

Superstar
Daps

The wb could have aired firefly like they did joss' other shows. The one show I can think of that never could have happened was married with children. I amazed that it got picked up anywhere with its content and even lasted multiple seasons.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The wb could have aired firefly like they did joss' other shows. The one show I can think of that never could have happened was married with children. I amazed that it got picked up anywhere with its content and even lasted multiple seasons.

Fox was a different network when it first started. They were the Mavericks so simpsons and married with children fit perfectly

And you’re assuming wb had the money for firefly at the time. And wb wasn’t a thing when x files popped up.