The Nazi's Went After the Gays and Trans people first.....

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you serious with this take? Black people have been targeted since this country's inception. Oh, we should be scared that they are going to do to us what they have already been doing to us first? Stop using my people as a mule for LGBTQ+ issues.

We should worry about Trans people, because they are getting a tiny fraction of the heat we have been receiving for centuries. Ridiculous in the extreme.

All I'm saying is that Republican fascists are trying to turn back the wheel of time and are using gays and trans as a tool to do so. But I don't have to waste my time convincing you guys. The advancement of time will do that.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I agree that they're over represented. I'm just saying the far right is weaponizing the issue and will use it as a means to start explicitly going after other groups. This is a playbook of fascists and we need to be aware of it. We cannot let our disagreements with LGBTQ lead us into embracing fascism.
Bro you got it all wrong!!

Tokenism: noun
the practice of making only a perfunctory or symbolic effort to do a particular thing, especially by recruiting a small number of people from underrepresented groups in order to give the appearance of sexual or racial equality within a workforce or society.

The left defends the LGBTQ while the right attacks them.
They are BOTH in on it!!
It’s all a show so we don’t focus on real corruption!
The left votes for those that don’t hate them & the right votes for who does, but meanwhile most are not voting for actual economic & foreign policy change.

Always follow the money, & if you do follow the money it will NEVER lead down you to the LGBTQ road.
It’s just a distraction!!!

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps

I'm not to crazy about all the LGBTQ stuff but I do think they have a right to exist. Republican fascists have found a new enemy they can use to rouse up their base and once they're done don't think for a second they won't start explicitly targeting us.

You're going to get met with backlash for obvious reasons.

That said, I totally see where you're coming from. I'm personally on the fence about the whole Trans issue and I have a rather "Libertarian" take on it but it's no secret at all that the same Republicans and Right Wingers that want to eradicate Trans rights under the guise of "morality" also want to do the same thing with Black rights under the guise of being "anti-woke."

The same Republicans behind the Trans opposition also support banning Black history and culture taught in schools, gerrymandering, voter suppression laws, opposition to reparations, militarizing the police, and putting Black civil rights in a rough spot.

You don't have to support Trans rights but the GOP deserves zero credit for opposing them. They're not opposing them because of morality or religion. They're opposing them because they look down on everybody who's not a straight White man.

Once they successfully bush Trans rights, they'll get more aggressive in attacking Black rights.

Mississippi is the Blackest state in the union with the most draconion voter laws in the country to keep White Republicans in power.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Yeah, that's why it's poorly crafted propaganda.
The entire "first, they came for group x" slogan is meant to speak to groups who operate under a sense of safety/comfort. The slogan is meant to "warn" them of how precarious that safety is, and that it's unraveling under their noses.

That wouldn't apply to AAs .

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Genocidal practices by German govt. in Africa preceded the rise of the Nazis. It was a precursor to the tactics used decades later .

I also disagree with OP. I don't have a problem with human beings existing, but not falling for propaganda either. Shame on you @Micky Mikey
The Nazi laws in Germany were based upon Jim Crow laws in America. There are books on the subject notably one called "Hitler's American Model" by James Whitman. That book details how Hitler and the Nazis studied and adopted American White supremacy race models for Germany.

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
aside from all the other stupidity in this thread,

I can't stand fakkits who use that weak and condescending tactic of suggesting we're in the same boat, and need to fight togetheror we'll be the next victims. cacs going after alphabet shyt and cacs going after us have absolutely nothing to do with each other

they been riding on our coattails with this shyt for way too long

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
When has white supremacy NOT other groups/ideologies/social trends (The Red Scare, Hippy Drug Culture, and now Gays) as a smokescreen to further subjugate black people?

A whole lot of you are going to be a deer in headlights when the Republicans, who you thought were just against the Gays start openly and explicitly creating laws that disempower black people.

They been doing that for hundreds of years...You don't seemed very informed about Black History, just regurgitating lgbt babble...

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Not sure what the smiley is for.

DeSantis did this to Black voters in Florida around the same time that he accused Disney of pushing the LGBTQ down people's throats.

And the Virginia governor just threatened to ban an African American studies course for being too "pro-Black" or militant after some contrarians on this site were praising DeSantis for wanting to ban an AADOS course in Florida because of a small LGBTQ chapter.

It's all a smoke screen. The same Republicans who want to restrict the rights of LGBTQ people and immigrants want to do the same thing with Black Americans. The same Right wing cacs outraged at their children learning about LGBTQ stuff in school storm into school board meetings over their children learning about slavery and Jim Crow, claiming that it's "divisive."