The myth of billionaires wearing cheap clothes and living frugally busted

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
I think the idea of this "myth" is being misconstrued. At the heart of the message is people shouldn't be overspending (clothes, cars, food, etc.), and especially not for the sole purpose of impressing people.
:duck:

nikkas literally get mad if you buy a pair of Jordans and dont wear fruit of the loom boxers

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Mark.zuckerberg, the poster child for "frugal and minimalist billionaire" wears grey shirt but what the coli doesn't know is those grey shirt he always wear are $300 a piece from high end italian brand, brunello cucellini

Zuckerberg’s ubiquitous tailor-made Italian t-shirts – All About Italy

Here's how Brunello Cucinelli (and his $5,000 blazers) became Silicon Valley billionaires' favorite designer

Facebook's Future Is Actually in the $300 T-Shirt Mark Zuckerberg Didn't Wear

The rich are just as flambouyant as the pretenders, the only difference is they cna afford it so let's put the myth that billionaires are out here wearing cheap clothes,shoes and living frugally to rest.

A lot of them don’t drive expensive cars as we think tho. Unless they getting a customized 400K Prius lol

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Think that nikkas keep Gucci and other Euro luxury brands afloat, brehs :dead:
Nah. But keeping their names recognizable is how they get major contracts.

You think Olympic team clothing is made based on who has the best idea or who’s name has more brand appeal?

Louboutin, Ralph Lauren, Nike, Armani all continue to get contracts.

So no name designer from India or Africa ain’t getting those contracts no matter how unique their idea is.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
They feel different

Okayyyy...
$300 for a shirt that feels different is still dumb to me.

shyt i remember years ago they had an Egyptian cotton white tee for like $90 something.
Im sure that feels different but damn; $300 is over triple the price of a basic shirt just for the sake of texture

Daps
they have only 2 annual sales around Christmas & MDW - it used to be only Christmas.

not sure what deals you are talking about unless your price matching versus the brands website.
I’ve found they carry exclusive items you won’t find on the brand’s website. I’ve gotten some nice J Crew joints off of there that aren’t in its store or on its site. I do think brands give Mr. Porter exclusivity over select pieces.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Did you really just make a thread about a billionaire buying a $300 shirt as evidence of him not being frugal?

:usure:

He also has his own island and one of the most expensove yatch in the world

but I made this thread because people and the media often emphasize his choice of fashion as a benchmark and poster boy for frugality on some "a billionaire wears cheap greu shirt everyday and that's why he's so wealthy", they are wrong .

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: to him, that’s like a Hane’s t-shirt

$300< $3000+ which is what mos
t of these celebrities don

The affordability of the things thwy purchase really doesn't matter at all here. The point is, most people buy unneccesarily expensive things and
That includes billionaires.

Just because he can afford it does not mean spending $300 on a t shirt is not excessive (bte the same t shirt that people and the media often mistake for run on the mill and cheap),

He could easily wear a significantly cheaper clothes, "who is he trying to impress" right.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Let me guess, this was made by someone not anywhere near as rich as Zuckerberg and Gates to justify the poor spending habits of the upper middle class. Basically because the literal richest people in the world are not always penny penching for their collared shirts, that means you should YOLO that $15k in the Gucci store.

Depraved clowns.:mjlol:

THIS. Facts. Repped.