The movie The Breaks tonight on Vh1 (Starring Mack Wilds and Method Man)

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
@DANJ! You can't make post like this and then say YOU'RE REFERRING TO THE AUDIENCE,this is YOUR opinion on hammer

It is my opinion...

And also a similar opinion shared by many hip-hop fans at the time :manny: It happened breh, live with it.

And really, some people went further than what I'm sayin'. I just thought his records were wack. Some went beyond that, said he was a sellout, an Uncle Tom, was ruinin' hip-hop, etc. I don't think he's a sellout, I think he did right by his people and his city, did a lot of good things. This, however, has nothin' to do with that music breh. If Young Thug opens a community center in his neighborhood and gives his friends jobs, it will never change the fact that he sucks.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
It is my opinion...

And also a similar opinion shared by many hip-hop fans at the time :manny: It happened breh, live with it.

And really, some people went further than what I'm sayin'. I just thought his records were wack. Some went beyond that, said he was a sellout, an Uncle Tom, was ruinin' hip-hop, etc. I don't think he's a sellout, I think he did right by his people and his city, did a lot of good things. This, however, has nothin' to do with that music breh. If Young Thug opens a community center in his neighborhood and gives his friends jobs, it will never change the fact that he sucks.
I remember him getting dissed and in hindsight they were wrong for it and hating. I'm getting at you for YOUR views and YOUR hypocritical nature. Now when you call him WACK but he has songs along the lines of some of the rap songs on YOUR MIXTAPE,now you're not making sense. How can you CONSIGN the hate and turn around and pump shyt along the same lines yet not even as good as some of hammers records on your tape?

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I remember him getting dissed and in hindsight they were wrong for it and hating. I'm getting at you for YOUR views and YOUR hypocritical nature. Now when you call him WACK but he has songs along the lines of some of the rap songs on YOUR MIXTAPE,now you're not making sense. How can you CONSIGN the hate and turn around and pump shyt along the same lines yet not even as good as some of hammers records on your tape?

You know DJs don't always play just for themselves, right? There are songs I don't like that I play every weekend, because there's other people in the building besides me. :lupe:

That said, it's not about what "kind" of song it is, it's about whether that shyt is dope or not. For the record, there are a couple Hammer songs I like- pretty much, "Turn This Mutha Out", "Pump It Up", and "U Can't Touch This". All that other shyt can kick rocks. If you thought the rest of that was hot, cool. But it's totally understandable that there were people listening a bit deeper in '90 and by comparison, Hammer's shyt was wack. It's not necessarily "hate"... it could just be that the shyt wasn't that good, or that people simply didn't like it.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
You know DJs don't always play just for themselves, right? There are songs I don't like that I play every weekend, because there's other people in the building besides me. :lupe:

That said, it's not about what "kind" of song it is, it's about whether that shyt is dope or not. For the record, there are a couple Hammer songs I like- pretty much, "Turn This Mutha Out", "Pump It Up", and "U Can't Touch This". All that other shyt can kick rocks. If you thought the rest of that was hot, cool. But it's totally understandable that there were people listening a bit deeper in '90 and by comparison, Hammer's shyt was wack. It's not necessarily "hate"... it could just be that the shyt wasn't that good, or that people simply didn't like it.
Turn this mutha out,put me in the mix video version,let's get it started,u can't touch this,Pray,here comes the hammer, 2 legit 2 quit, gaining momentum,pumps in the bump, keep on and others were good songs.
So you feel you have wack shyt on that tape?

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
:mjlol: I love this revisionist bullshyt about how Hammer wasn't really that bad. Yeah he did open a lot of doors that a lot of rappers followed through in years to come as far as endorsements etc go but the music was still and is still wack. it's the same poppy mainstream crap that is around today, it's for the kids and pop fans and that's fine but don't go around saying he made great Hip Hop albums especially in comparison to some of the shyt that was actually around at the time.
Sorry but I'm from Detroit and when Hammer first dropped it was NOTHING commercial about dude. Hell he was dissing LL, Doug E Fresh and Run-DMC on his first 2 singles :martin: Hammer like MOST mainstream rap acts became commercial as the money and corporate perks started coming in. In 90 we were banging Let's get it started, Pump it up, etc...he was no different than all the other commercial acts.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Turn this mutha out,put me in the mix video version,let's get it started,u can't touch this,Pray,here comes the hammer, 2 legit 2 quit, gaining momentum,pumps in the bump, keep on and others were good songs.
So you feel you have wack shyt on that tape?

I'm not a Father MC fan... definitely not an MC Brains fan. But they fit the format. Sometimes there are certain things I like- that Father MC shyt is ALL about Jodeci's singing, it coulda been a Hammer song and I woulda liked it :mjlol: 'New Jack Swing' is dope AF, especially TR's verse. You know you the shyt when you can make a whole verse about who you did beats for :russ:

And yeah, I can't ride for that many Hammer songs breh. :manny: Can't do it.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
It was ok the 2nd half was way better than the first half, didn't like how it ended. Vh1 should turn this into a series tho. There's enough storylines to make an interesting series going forward.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I'm not a Father MC fan... definitely not an MC Brains fan. But they fit the format. Sometimes there are certain things I like- that Father MC shyt is ALL about Jodeci's singing, it coulda been a Hammer song and I woulda liked it :mjlol: 'New Jack Swing' is dope AF, especially TR's verse. You know you the shyt when you can make a whole verse about who you did beats for :russ:

And yeah, I can't ride for that many Hammer songs breh. :manny: Can't do it.
I love New jack swing, always did always will. But them nikkas ain't spitting any better than hammer on that record. And its kind of funny how you'd complain how these records by hammer would be blowing up and becoming the face of hip hop as if was bad,THEN you'll make a statement about the records in your mixtape are not always for you but THE PEOPLE. So if you play records you might not really respect,JUST TO STAY IN BUSINESS,wouldn't that make you as bad as people that blew up hammer or as bad as hammer himself for trying to get his paper?

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I love New jack swing, always did always will. But them nikkas ain't spitting any better than hammer on that record. And its kind of funny how you'd complain how these records by hammer would be blowing up and becoming the face of hip hop as if was bad,THEN you'll make a statement about the records in your mixtape are not always for you but THE PEOPLE. So if you play records you might not really respect,JUST TO STAY IN BUSINESS,wouldn't that make you as bad as people that blew up hammer or as bad as hammer himself for trying to get his paper?

Uh, nah breh.

It really doesn't require all this analysis... Hammer's shyt was mostly wack and that's that. If it comforts you a lil' more, he wasn't the only one. I'm sure the PE/EPMD/KRS/Cube/etc. heads weren't bumpin' Father MC or Brains either... shyt, after a while, even a bonafide MC like Kane was makin' records nikkas weren't fukkin' with. It's not a conspiracy on Hammer, bruh- if he had made better shyt, maybe certain nikkas woulda rocked with him more. Hammer didn't even wanna be called "MC Hammer" anymore cause he felt he was bigger than rap... why is it such a travesty to you that muhfukkas weren't bumpin' his shyt?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Uh, nah breh.

It really doesn't require all this analysis... Hammer's shyt was mostly wack and that's that. If it comforts you a lil' more, he wasn't the only one. I'm sure the PE/EPMD/KRS/Cube/etc. heads weren't bumpin' Father MC or Brains either... shyt, after a while, even a bonafide MC like Kane was makin' records nikkas weren't fukkin' with. It's not a conspiracy on Hammer, bruh- if he had made better shyt, maybe certain nikkas woulda rocked with him more. Hammer didn't even wanna be called "MC Hammer" anymore cause he felt he was bigger than rap... why is it such a travesty to you that muhfukkas weren't bumpin' his shyt?
I have no idea what you're talking about. I got at you for your hypocritical BS,which you cant refute. I clearly remember nikkas hating on hammer,that's not news to me.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I have no idea what you're talking about. I got at you for your hypocritical BS,which you cant refute. I clearly remember nikkas hating on hammer,that's not news to me.

I'm not refuting it because i's not hypocritical... you either like something or you don't, it's not a mechanical, robotic, orchestrated thing. There were Hammer songs I liked, and a whole lot that I didn't. Simple as that. I thought he was wack, even at 11 years old I knew there was better shyt out there and I listened to that instead. Just like I didn't exactly hate "Ice Ice Baby", but I definitely thought Vanilla Ice was wack as fukk once I heard the rest. And a number of others. In 1990/91, I was listening to LL, Cube, PE, EPMD, Tribe, Special Ed, and pretty much anything that I caught and liked. It could be some hard shyt, it could be new jack swing, it could be some straight up dance shyt. Hammer was often not on the list of shyt I was listenin' to. That's just it. I figured the guy who thinks fukkin' SKEE-LO was better than OB4CL could understand the concept of having the freedom to like or dislike something. :mjlol:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I'm not refuting it because i's not hypocritical... you either like something or you don't, it's not a mechanical, robotic, orchestrated thing. There were Hammer songs I liked, and a whole lot that I didn't. Simple as that. I thought he was wack, even at 11 years old I knew there was better shyt out there and I listened to that instead. Just like I didn't exactly hate "Ice Ice Baby", but I definitely thought Vanilla Ice was wack as fukk once I heard the rest. And a number of others. In 1990/91, I was listening to LL, Cube, PE, EPMD, Tribe, Special Ed, and pretty much anything that I caught and liked. It could be some hard shyt, it could be new jack swing, it could be some straight up dance shyt. Hammer was often not on the list of shyt I was listenin' to. That's just it. I figured the guy who thinks fukkin' SKEE-LO was better than OB4CL could understand the concept of having the freedom to like or dislike something. :mjlol:
What WAS hypocritical was dissing him under the guise of him not being like cube,PE or NWA,yet bumping others whom didnt fit that criteria either. Now had you never set that criteria,we wouldnt be having this particular back and forth.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What WAS hypocritical was dissing him under the guise of him not being like cube,PE or NWA,yet bumping others whom didnt fit that criteria either. Now had you never set that criteria,we wouldnt be having this particular back and forth.

:snoop: After all that you're still on this Cube/PE/NWA shyt...

When I know I explained... TWICE... that it wasn't about him being like them. I didn't say he was wack because he wasn't like them. Ever.

I said THAT AUDIENCE for THOSE ARTISTS weren't the same people bumpin' Hammer. I could've used any example, but I used them. I could've said Tribe, Brand Nubian, and X-Clan. I coulda said Rakim, EPMD, and Kool G Rap. I coulda said Ice-T, Above the Law, and DOC. Whatever the case, there were hip-hop fans in 1990 who were listening to better shyt than Hammer and were not fans of him at all.

Don't be the girlfriend that just argues the points you wanna argue while tuning out the whole conversation.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
:snoop: After all that you're still on this Cube/PE/NWA shyt...

When I know I explained... TWICE... that it wasn't about him being like them. I didn't say he was wack because he wasn't like them. Ever.

I said THAT AUDIENCE for THOSE ARTISTS weren't the same people bumpin' Hammer. I could've used any example, but I used them. I could've said Tribe, Brand Nubian, and X-Clan. I coulda said Rakim, EPMD, and Kool G Rap. I coulda said Ice-T, Above the Law, and DOC. Whatever the case, there were hip-hop fans in 1990 who were listening to better shyt than Hammer and were not fans of him at all.

Don't be the girlfriend that just argues the points you wanna argue while tuning out the whole conversation.
The shyt you're claiming you're saying is no different than what i'm saying you said.
If i see you in this thread saying dismissive shyt about hammer being wack etc and i ask YOU,"what is wack about him"
And that's your response then it's the same shyt as "he's not like them" and that's cool if you OR ANYONE ELSE feels that way.
But when you're bigging up artists and songs that bare the same polarity from cube,nwa etc via your mixtape and even in your responses on here,now your stance is shaky.
Now if you said you didnt fukk with him etc,i wouldnt have took the same stance but when you kept coming in here saying shyt and dismissing him like he was nothing but big up mf's in the same lane,now you're not making sense.
I'm just trying to get to the bottom of what you were saying but now i think i'm there.
You're just a hater,you and others hating seeing a nikka blow up the way he did.
If them other nikkas blew up that large you'd be dissing them too,cause you bytch made like that.
If new jack swing became as big as U cant touch this,you'd be dissing them right now.
That's corny.