The Metal Gear Solid 1 Thread

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This game is still the most epic experience i've had this gen across all 3 major platforms.

Definitive game of this gen, more so than Uncharted IMO.

And it's not even the best MGS :krs:

MGS3 is :win:
fukk the hate. That last battle between Snake & Ocelot had me :to:

Powerful.

earl n water

Southern Hustle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
FLOR1DA
MGS is the goat PS1 game. Took me 17hrs to beat that shyt, cuz a nikka couldn't afford a memory card.

-best fight was against liquid on top of Rex. I swear to God I died 545145 times before I finally kicked that nikka off the ledge. Had a nikka :sadbron:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They don't make boss battles like Rex anymore. Going around throwing chaff grenades and trying not to get your ass stomped :to:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I'm seriously thinking about playing and ending this game for the first time in my life. My backlog (which includes games from every system in existence) is deep as hell :sadbron:

how does the story compare to MGS3?

(which is the goat game imo, next to Streets of Rage 2)

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm seriously thinking about playing and ending this game for the first time in my life. My backlog (which includes games from every system in existence) is deep as hell :sadbron:

Part 1 & 3 have the best stories. I think they're interchangeable in terms of the best of the series.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Breh...just play it. I guarantee if you give it an hour or two you'll be all in.

Personally I feel the original had the BEST story, but it depends on who you ask. Don't you want to play as Snake before he was :flabbynsick: ? Didn't you ever wonder how he met Otacon and Meryl? Or how the whole Foxdie thing started?

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
this summer Im gonna pick up the Metal Gear Solid HD collection and I think I'll pick up Metal Gear Solid 4 again too. I dont want to throw the thread off but I LOVED these scenes in MGS4:

I think I'ma pick it up from GameStop next week.

Oh yeah, just installed MGS1 on my PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
No diss to the breh who posted before just now but the mgs 4 raiden vs vamp battle had to be some of the gayest shyt I ever seen got damn. The sad thing is vamp is an amazing villain too but all that jumping and flipping was wayyyyyyyyy to over the top.

MGS 2 Vamp vs raiden >>>>>>>>>>> MGS4 fake ass matrix vamp vs raiden

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
No offence to the breh who posted before just now but the mgs 4 raiden vs vamp battle had to be some of the gayest shyt I ever seen got damn. The sad thing is vamp is an amazing villain too but all that jumping and flipping was wayyyyyyyyy to over the top.

MGS 2 Vamp vs raiden >>>>>>>>>>> MGS4 fake ass matrix vamp vs raiden

I guess i got something to look forward to when I pick up the MGS Collection:yes:

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
I still feel overall my favorite MGS game is 2. That shyt is cult classic status to me. If I was to rate it would be. MGS2 > MGS2 > MGS 3 > MGS4

MGS1 still holds a dear part of my childhood tho.

It had me looking at the DARPA CHIEF like :dwillhuh:

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All that backtracking though, gotta go all the way back to the heliport to get some shyt or whatever cant really remember but it used to have me like :beli:

Still the goat game though

thats what the cardboard boxes are for