The media's fascination with mocking black music. Am I reaching here?

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
OK. Let me preface this by saying that... Ariana Grande's album is actually pretty damn good for what it is. I stumbled upon it by suggestion and turned out liking a majority of it.

Shes' got a good voice and her music is cool...

but...when she does stuff like this and when Jimmy keeps remixing rap songs in that corny white-boy style...it REALLY makes me wonder if rap music is just seen as one big parody rather than other styles of music being worthy of such mockery.

Don't forget all of this stuff too:

Finally somebody ok this forum who sees what I see :lawd:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rap music has become a parody and joke for white people

and the rap artist today ( i.e. rick ross, jay-z ) are not going to say shyt about it, because the justin timberlakes and jimmy lovines in the world are letting them sit down at the table with them

They really never tried that shyt when public enemy, BDP types was around in music.

nikkas are becoming more and more clowns everyday and proud of it..

:myman:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang

wat.gif

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think sometimes it's making fun of themselves and sometimes it's mocking the culture. sometimes it comes from a good place and other times it's racist. you just get a weird feeling sometimes.

that Football on your Phone is funny as hell though, i don't give a fukk what they were mocking :pachaha:

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Sensitive ass nikkaz :childplease:

"wwaaaah waaaah he's satirically performing a rap song waaah"

Grow some balls and let this inferiority complex u have when it comes to whites go

Like I let what these crackaz do affect me

Im bout my bizness nikka :rudy:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But, if those same rap c00ns embrace the buffoonery, why should I care if the cac parodize the sambos:pacspit:

These days, the minstrel show's interchangeable:yeshrug:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Today's black music is a mockery of itself, it sounds fitting :yeshrug:

Black music in the 60's = How sweet it is to be loved by you (Marvin Gaye):smile:

Black music now = bytch suck dikk (Tyler the Creator) :wtf:

2009_07_12_03_19_i32_tinypic_com_357ogn4.jpg

Last edited:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don' think they are mocking black music, but there is always a fascination when someone white does something that black folk are good at. White rappers are highlighted even though they are mediocre (Macklemore, Vanilla Ice etc.), white basketball player as well, but it doesn't happen the other way around like a black person who is good at something historically/seemingly white except sports (Venus williams, Tiger woods) because it is sport is all about numbers. But I am sure there are really excellent black violin players out there, but the (white) press doesn't go out there to highlight them.

these kids have gotten plenty of attention, moreso than they would have gotten if they were white

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
You know what's weird tho, I've always looked at it as them making fun of themselves and how out of place they look in rap culture. I never thought of it as them making fun of rap and black culture, puts a whole new perspective on it. Maybe blacks should start parodying (is this a word?) country and metal.