The media's fascination with mocking black music. Am I reaching here?

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
The difference in your example is that blacks/minorities had to become the undisputed best in their respective sports before they were acknowledged as the real thing.

Whites generally just have to show up and be alright/catchy and they're handed the keys to the kingdom. We don't get that easy a pass off.

You won't hear about those violin players until they flatout can't be ignored on the mainstream level.
But Timberlake and Bieber weren't required to make the best music before they were crowned.
Hell, they didn't even require great voices.

Ronald McDonald

Even in the darkest nights, I'm a MAC for life
Daps
I don' think they are mocking black music, but there is always a fascination when someone white does something that black folk are good at. White rappers are highlighted even though they are mediocre (Macklemore, Vanilla Ice etc.), white basketball player as well, but it doesn't happen the other way around like a black person who is good at something historically/seemingly white except sports (Venus williams, Tiger woods) because it is sport is all about numbers. But I am sure there are really excellent black violin players out there, but the (white) press doesn't go out there to highlight them.

lol the press doesn't highlight violin players period.

and what do you mean by something "historically white?" examples breh examples!

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
The difference in your example is that blacks/minorities had to become the undisputed best in their respective sports before they were acknowledged as the real thing.

Whites generally just have to show up and be alright/catchy and they're handed the keys to the kingdom. We don't get that easy a pass off.

You won't hear about those violin players until they flatout can't be ignored on the mainstream level.
But Timberlake and Bieber weren't required to make the best music before they were crowned.
Hell, they didn't even require great voices.

Yeah, you are right, that is what I mean. Black folk playing a historically white sport have to be the best, it is all about numbers (scores, wins, rankings etc) and the press can't ignore that.
But let us keep it 100 with Timberlake/Robin Thicke, way too nikkas dapped them and gave them the nikka pass and let them infiltrate the urban market. But back to your main point, I don't think they are mocking black music though.

DeVanteSwing

Flop Champion
Daps
its an old, overused comedic technique

irony. same as a man dressed as a woman. jimmy kimmel goin to a barbershop. dave chappelle and john mayer skit. same stuff

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Get a fukking sense of humor....in regards to the Jimmy Fallon video. We do the same thing mocking white folks so :yeshrug:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course Andy Samberg was involved, that fukking kike seems to have built his entire career off of this. Everything else he does seems to be a failure or lackluster...his entire career is built off of racist rap "parodies", it's ridiculous.

Someone said it?!

i764XHv.gif

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
This is another way of cacs using and disrespecting black culture. It is no different then black-face.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can you blame white people? At least white people make it entertaining, these blacks want you think it's cool to kill black people allday and if you don't you simply aren't an authentic black person