The media's fascination with mocking black music. Am I reaching here?

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obama is still president, what do you expect? White people will continue to get away with a lot of stuff until Barack gets out.

When a white guy gets back in office, then white people will do a complete turn around and act like nothing happened.
I can already see myself telling my unborn children of the horror of "The Obama years."

So much I can't even begin to get into is going on, especially in the South. Voting rights, cutting teacher pay, redrawing voting maps, racist gun laws etc.

On topic, Jimmy Fallon is a fakkit.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I can already see myself telling my unborn children of the horror of "The Obama years."

So much I can't even begin to get into is going on, especially in the South. Voting rights, cutting teacher pay, redrawing voting maps, racist gun laws etc.

On topic, Jimmy Fallon is a fakkit.

I was on a site that said Obama rigged the 2008 and 2012 elections. I was like :mindblown:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
rap music has become a parody and joke for white people

and the rap artist today ( i.e. rick ross, jay-z ) are not going to say shyt about it, because the justin timberlakes and jimmy lovines in the world are letting them sit down at the table with them

They really never tried that shyt when public enemy, BDP types was around in music.

nikkas are becoming more and more clowns everyday and proud of it..
So what are cats like Ross and Jay Z supposed to say exactly? You lames love trying to put all of the blame for the state of hiphop on the artists instead of looking in the mirror and at your fellow socalled "fans". The fact of the matter is that corporate America bought hiphop out a long time ago and WE are all complicit. This is just the results. Get off of your high horse and reexamine your simpleminded flawed way of looking things.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
It's been a joke for some time now.Whites love making fun of black culture. It's just soooooo funny to them.

^ This was Natalie Portman rapping on SNL back in 2006. Of course Andy Samberg was involved, that fukking kike seems to have built his entire career off of this. Everything else he does seems to be a failure or lackluster...his entire career is built off of racist rap "parodies", it's ridiculous.

Whites haven't changed at all, don't ever forget that. This is no different than Al Jolson (Another kike), just without the blackface make-up.

And let me just make it clear : It could have been anything, it could be anything. If black people were associated with punk music, you bet your ass that whites would be on College Humor with green mohaws, spiked leather jackets, and anarchy pins. It's NOT about the attributes of the culture, it's about the people making it.

Also remember : Fags are now off limits. Spics are now off limits. Everyone else is off limits...but it's still cool to put on a durag and parade around as "Slugmaster White".

Final Point : If you really don't think that race is paramount in this issue, let me ask, why are black people (That aren't associated with rap/hiphop in any way) never written or promoted in these types of "parodies"? Why isn't Kerry Washington on SNL as a Nicki Minaj impersonator, why isn't Samuel L. on there poking fun at some of the peculiars of rap culture? Because to the white people writing this shyt, they are ******S just the same. It's impossible for a black person to "parody" this, this is what they ARE, they are the TARGETS of the joke.

Last edited:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I don' think they are mocking black music, but there is always a fascination when someone white does something that black folk are good at. White rappers are highlighted even though they are mediocre (Macklemore, Vanilla Ice etc.), white basketball player as well, but it doesn't happen the other way around like a black person who is good at something historically/seemingly white except sports (Venus williams, Tiger woods) because it is sport is all about numbers. But I am sure there are really excellent black violin players out there, but the (white) press doesn't go out there to highlight them.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I definitely think you can make that argument, but using Fallon and Timberlake are bad examples IMO. They use hip hop music for their benefit, for sure, but they are well known fans of the genre. I \don't think they mock it at all.