The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^

ashley made the call to kill him on her own

I literally chose the peaceful option

idk maybe I didn’t bring him on enough missions cuz he wasn’t trying to hear me out at all

*edit*

ok...apparently I didn’t rack up enough charm/intimidate points to convince him properly...fukk him tho

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think this man's playthrough might be the summer's best comedy. :lolbron:

nah I’m kidding...I was cool the first 2 times (autograph then picture)...third time he asked to join the spectres so I fed him some bullshyt about staying at home and being himself helps keep humanity safe or some corny shyt...hopefully it’s the last I see of him

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Scrap that whole playthrough and start over :ufdup:

hell no...I see some folks talking about making bad decisions and restarting ME2

we falling on our swords over here :blessed:

crazy thing is I’m starting off trying to do good and appease everyone but the more I speak to ashley and garrus, the more I realize how unstoppable I am as a spectre...liara is the only character who’s keeping me grounded right now

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This man chose capitol raider Ashley over Wrex... :francis::scust:

I didn’t chose ashley over wrex...she chose me over him...it was literally out of my control...I did choose her over kaidan tho...twice lol...I sent kaidan off to die with them aliens...went to save him then headed back to save ashley instead lol

Daps
:russ: I missed all the fukkery last night watching the NBA game. Wrex got murked huh? :ehh: Don't start no shyt, won't be no shyt. I respect breh for going in blind and saying whatever happens, happens. That's the way you play this game. Do whatever you want, :takedat:Bad Boy Boy, Spectre status. Don't recruit Conrad though :mjlol:

Daps
I didn’t chose ashley over wrex...she chose me over him...it was literally out of my control...I did choose her over kaidan tho...twice lol...I sent kaidan off to die with them aliens...went to save him then headed back to save ashley instead lol

Lost a third of his squad on one mission :banderas:

:damn: HOLD THE LINE!

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m jumping the gun cuz I still have to finish this game and am dying to,play the other 2 and yes even andromeda but for those of you who loved this series (the story in particular)—what other RPGs would you recommend? I’ve been ignoring recent entries in genre for far too long...just didn’t have that kind of time to commit to RPGs the last several years

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m jumping the gun cuz I still have to finish this game and am dying to,play the other 2 and yes even andromeda but for those of you who loved this series (the story in particular)—what other RPGs would you recommend? I’ve been ignoring recent entries in genre for far too long...just didn’t have that kind of time to commit to RPGs the last several years
Well you should try and give the dragon age series a try.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'd second the Dragon Age idea. For a minute there, they had Dragon Age and Mass Effect in a nice little cycle. It's one of my favorite series, and I think I've played through Dragon Age Origins more times than I have Mass Effect 2 (even though Mass Effect 2 is an objectively better game)

If you're going to jump in, there's a few things you need a heads up for. EA hasn't shown any interest in remastering these games as of right now, so you're stuck playing the original versions of the first two games, which are definitely showing their age a bit as PS3/360 age games, and are peak EA used game paranoia. Meaning DLC as far as the fukking eye can see, some of which actually includes important plot points and characters for future games. No joke, every single game in the series sets up the next game via DLC.

All that said, it's definitely worth it, flaws and all. If you like the writing in Mass Effect, you'll like the writing in Dragon Age.