The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I go to have a conversation on the ship with ashley thinking it’d be as relaxed/open as the convo with liara...bytch goes right into complaining about aliens :mjlol:
Seeing you react to the game for the first time got me :mjcry:

The game (especially the 1st one) is crazy because you can play it multiple times and see new stuff.

I remember I started the game as an Earth person (can't remember the background name) and ran into an old friend at the strip club.
Come to find out my background was :mjpls:to aliens and dude brought that up. In front of all the aliens I was with.:francis:

Basically called me a sell out. :dahell:

You can choose to respond :mjpls:and basically say "nah, it's still fukk aliens" but I took offense so we ended up arguing.

One of the dialogue options was "make him shut up" or something like that....I chose that. Thinking I'd tell him FOH or maybe hit him.
Shep cold shot him in the face, in the middle of the strip club. :wow:

Had the alien strippers like :damn:

I was in the crib like :gladbron:

Fred.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^

the dialogue/character interactions has been the most fascinating part of the game...probably the best I’ve experienced although I don’t want to be guilty of being victim to the moment

I find myself actually really listening/being interested in what some characters have to say (liara, tali, garrus, joker)...and some characters I find myself just being genuinely put off by such as ashley and kaidan who I honestly don’t even bother speaking too...nikka just weird to me

I need to feel garrus out a bit more tho...I feel like he could end up being really loyal or turn into a real snake...I think I’m just distrustful of turians in general :mjpls:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
^^^

the dialogue/character interactions has been the most fascinating part of the game...probably the best I’ve experienced although I don’t want to be guilty of being victim to the moment

I find myself actually really listening/being interested in what some characters have to say (liara, tali, garrus, joker)...and some characters I find myself just being genuinely put off by such as ashley and kaidan who I honestly don’t even bother speaking too...nikka just weird to me

I need to feel garrus out a bit more tho...I feel like he could end up being really loyal or turn into a real snake...I think I’m just distrustful of turians in general :mjpls:

Nah the character interaction/dialogue is among the best in history so it's not a stretch to say it's the best you've experienced.

Bioware at the time was still in their prime. 90's Bulls status.

I'm eager to see what you think of part 2. "Mass Effect 2" is GOAT tier and the 2nd half of it is...crazy as fukk. You'll see why. Be very careful with your decisions, that's all I'll say.

As far as Garrus....won't say anything about him specifically but as with most characters they're either very loyal friends or kinda hate you, based on how you interact with them.

Ashley and Kaiden are pretty much universally disliked though. Kaiden because he's boring as hell and Ashely because she's space MAGA. Nobody really fukked with either of them since the 1st game dropped.

Fred.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^^

Not gonna comment on Garrus so as not to spoil anything for you, but ME1 definitely doesn't do anything nice for your perception of Turians. It's like they range from Archie Bunker to Chin Gigante on Godfather of Harlem in levels of :mjpls: toward humans.

One of the most underrated things about the writing in ME1 (and the series as whole, really) is how it expresses how much the rest of the universe really doesn't fukk with humans at the start. The series is just as much about humanity's rise as it is Sheppard's.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not gonna comment on Garrus so as not to spoil anything for you, but ME1 definitely doesn't do anything nice for your perception of Turians. It's like they range from Archie Bunker to Chin Gigante on Godfather of Harlem in levels of :mjpls: toward humans.

One of the most underrated things about the writing in ME1 (and the series as whole, really) is how it expresses how much the rest of the universe really doesn't fukk with humans at the start. The series is just as much about humanity's rise as it is Sheppard's.
:jbhmm:You know depending on what chose you make in the game the turians are right to be :mjpls: toward humans because we come off as power hungry upstart willing to do anything to get to the top Like the this one turian who the head of c-sec Venari Pallin.he said that one the reason why he :mjpls:
His opposition to humans is mainly political: he thinks they are becoming too powerful too quickly, labelling them the Council's new 'pet'. Shepard retorts that humanity has to fight for every concession, which Pallin is pleased to hear, "but don't expect the rest of us to just sit back and let you take it.":mjpls:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Ya'll have overdone the ":mjpls:" shyt in the discussion of this game.

Damn. It's not like like Wrex called you a Sambo or something.

It's a dynamic of existence to be discriminatory against the unknown and people you've had beef with.

It's one of the most interesting parts of the game.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I been hanging around Ashley a bit much...
iSeAP6G.jpg
OGBFu6H.jpg
q3NXG8t.jpg
lvQp5Ja.jpg

MWSpkzE.jpg
4sBL43k.jpg

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
I'm eager to see what you think of part 2. "Mass Effect 2" is GOAT tier and the 2nd half of it is...crazy as fukk. You'll see why. Be very careful with your decisions, that's all I'll say..

no funny shyt i just hit that part of the game last night for the first time and im restarting completely

all the way back to mass effect 1, i went into this series w no real expectations so i was real hasty and skipped some side missions, but now im blown away as to how detailed and developed the characters and worlds are

im realizing now i missed out on a lot of good shyt (i had skipped a grip of loyalty missions) and before i get into part 3 i want to properly be able to appreciate that moment so running thru the whole shyt again

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no funny shyt i just hit that part of the game last night for the first time and im restarting completely

all the way back to mass effect 1, i went into this series w no real expectations so i was real hasty and skipped some side missions, but now im blown away as to how detailed and developed the characters and worlds are

im realizing now i missed out on a lot of good shyt (i had skipped a grip of loyalty missions) and before i get into part 3 i want to properly be able to appreciate that moment so running thru the whole shyt again

ya I was in a rush to play ME2 and was thinking of just focusing on the main missions in ME1 but I played this shyt all day yesterday and gonna take my time and do as much as possible