The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
I'm still on me1 and while it's Lil outdated I can tell why it's a classic

For it's time its an extremely well done sci-fi rpg. If I played it when it came out I could see being engrossed in it and going to every planet and doing all the side missions.

I messed with different squads and ashley/tali work best for me as a vanguard. Wrex is too similar, Liara loses health too fast and I'm never gonna touch kaiden

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
t1pniEq.jpg

xgrMD6f.jpg

2WGrTaG.jpg

:wow: Almost done.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
ya the story, world/character building has me hooked early...it reminds me of “cheesy” 80s space sci-fi shows but I say that in an endearing way...the dialogue honestly has me glued to my seat at times...someone suggested jumping straight to part 2 and to just watch the recap which I contemplated but I like the story to the point that I feel like I’d be doing myself a disservice by settling for that...I’ll take your suggestions bcuz at this point I’m only interested in the story progression...game could’ve been a 10 with a proper remake tho

Spot on with the bold. :russ: It's definitely a B-budget feeling Sci-fi cult classic type of vibe. You even see the quintessential budget increase in the sequels. It took off more than anyone imagined and Bioware wasn't even certain there'd be a sequel upon release. I definitely don't reccomend skipping the original and I'm glad most of you first time players are sorta riding it out, regardless of how dated certain aspects of the game are. The story just don't hit the same if you don't build those relationships with the original cast. Glad you're enjoying the story at least. :salute: A complete remake would have been A1 but the writing translates regardless of the generation.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I will say this - you don't have to hardline paragon or renegade like that anymore with the new leveling system. I got the achievement for 75/75 in paragon and renegade in one playthrough before even going to Virmire in my first run. That would've been impossible before in a first playthrough I think.

Also, *all* your money carries over into ME2 :dead:
Is there any benefit to doing one vs the other with legendary or classic leveling mode?