The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always felt tali was more in love with the normandy than anything else after speaking with her my first playthrough…I mean her race has part of their last name determined by ships :skip:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Most nikkas say Liara makes the most sense for Shep but I've only romanced Tali, cuz it just feels right. :ehh:

Chemistry is just right. Relationships work best when the woman wants the man more. :ehh:

Tali always felt more like a little sister if I'm being honest but I've read that her romance is one of the better ones so its next. I've never been a fan of Liara early in the trilogy. It feels like she's the canon choice but I always thought her character was better suited as the brilliant one that longed for someone that she could never have, partly because Shep had other interests and partly because of her later role as

the Shadow Broker.

It makes her final moment when she shares her memories with Shepard on Earth that much more endearing and sad, imo. Still, she always wins me over and by the halfway point through ME3, I'm usually regretting not romancing her. If I'm being real, I think she arguably cared more strongly for Shepard than anyone.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tali always felt more like a little sister if I'm being honest but I've read that her romance is one of the better ones so its next. I've never been a fan of Liara early in the trilogy. It feels like she's the canon choice but I always thought her character was better suited as the brilliant one that longed for someone that she could never have, partly because Shep had other interests and partly because of her later role as

the Shadow Broker.

It makes her final moment when she shares her memories with Shepard on Earth that much more endearing and sad, imo. Still, she always wins me over and by the halfway point through ME3, I'm usually regretting not romancing her. If I'm being real, I think she arguably cared more strongly for Shepard than anyone.

Yeah, I think you're supposed to get the idea that Shepard and Liara are two people that love each other, but can never quite get the timing right. They establish a relationship in ME1, then they're immediately separated at the beginning of ME2, and spend nearly the entire game apart. Then Shepard and Liara's individual obligations keep them from really doing anything meaningful with their relationship for all of ME3 until that scene near the end. Would've been nice to maybe get a couple of calls/emails in ME2 to help drive that point home.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
game looks better on the XSX than the PS5…need to watch some comparison vids out of curiosity to see if my eye test holds merit

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Just finished.

E6y-Uqa-CXMAAYVg-format-jpg-name-large.jpg

E6y-Upet-WEAImj-PH-format-jpg-name-large.jpg

E6y-Ur-Wn-Xo-Ag2bsz-format-jpg-name-large.jpg

E6y-Uor-YXEAIw3-N5-format-jpg-name-large.jpg

E6y-Us-OMXIAcz4cq-format-jpg-name-large.jpg

E6y-Un0-NWUAAUS5p-format-jpg-name-large.jpg

E6rw-WJ5-WYAEv3-WY-format-jpg-name-large.jpg

tenor.gif

Feeling real empty now game wise, brehs. Tried to start a new playthrough with a new Shep and cut it off ten minutes in. Felt like an imposter. :to: This one felt definitive.

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
That's why I stopped my femshep run :mjcry:

I feel you. :wow:

I've played some great games over the last decade. I can count on one hand how many made a breh feel this melancholy. No lie, with all the DLCs, this Shepard I ran with feels like the Shepard for me, and in my head canon, she's dead. I probably won't be interested in replaying this as any other build anytime soon. Emotion aside, I still think they should move beyond the old crew in ME4, but if we can import Shepard and we see some old faces again, I might get religious. :mjcry:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I feel you. :wow:

I've played some great games over the last decade. I can count on one hand how many made a breh feel this melancholy. No lie, with all the DLCs, this Shepard I ran with feels like the Shepard for me, and in my head canon, she's dead. I probably won't be interested in replaying this as any other build anytime soon. Emotion aside, I still think they should move beyond the old crew in ME4, but if we can import Shepard and we see some old faces again, I might get religious. :mjcry:

In ME4, we will play as a new hero. Shepard will appear again as "Solomon" or "Alison" Gunn :troll:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Feeling real empty now game wise, brehs. Tried to start a new playthrough with a new Shep and cut it off ten minutes in. Felt like an imposter.

bruh I was playing a bit today and for a split second I forgot I was playing with the new shep (female this time)…she started talking (mask on) and I’m thinking “why the hell this nikka sound like this?” :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

gameplay-wise I’m enjoying it more since I’m familiar with everything out the gate (leveling up, customizing armor/weapons etc.)…I like playing as a soldier too…the story isn’t hitting as hard (as expected) since I’m already familiar with it…I’ve seen some minor changes re: dialogue/interactions but nothing major yet…I think that will come as I continue to deviate more from the choices I made last time

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
beat ME1 again…shaved off about 20 hours skipping most of the side missions…differences include mostly going renegade this time and keeping wrex alive as well as saving the council (and more importantly the destiny ascension)…last time I spared anyone who was under saren’s control…this time I killed anyone who worked with him regardless of their sob story :violent: kaiden still dead lol