The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
man you know what i might not never understand now that i think about it

one of the big reoccurring themes in the series is how the council and the citadel at large dont believe shepard about saren, then cerberus, then the reapers until its too late

i could understand not believing one person, but you telling me not believing the two other people i got with me at bare minimum and the whole normandy at worst, especially when the normandy is supposed to be a collective of the best and most respected alliance soldiers and engineers :skip:

whole ship is telling you about this imminent alien invasion and the government is like "nah you need more people"

I always thought the Council knew about the Reapers and were playing Shepard. They could be ignoring the threat due to incompetence, but even the most incompetent politicians would realize the Reaper threat and do something.
I like the Mass Effect series, but ME2 and ME3 could have used a stronger antagonist. I was expecting a more sinister villain in ME3. Similar to:

290221183065fc6749405e0f568f36d6.jpg

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
I always thought the Council knew about the Reapers and were playing Shepard. They could be ignoring the threat due to incompetence, but even the most incompetent politicians would realize the Reaper threat and do something.
I like the Mass Effect series, but ME2 and ME3 could have used a stronger antagonist. I was expecting a more sinister villain in ME3. Similar to:

290221183065fc6749405e0f568f36d6.jpg

i'm reading now that the head writer for the series left halfway through part 2 due to creative differences and they had to bring in new writers real haphazardly who had a completely different vision for the series

in all honesty thats not hard to believe, part 2 and 3 have completely different tones from part 1 and in all honesty not as cohesive of a plot

still excellent games but i do also think its true that part 2 and 3 had periods were they were mid and i only got through them because i wanted to see what happened

if part 1 didnt put in so much work to establish the world and characters i dont think id think so favorably of the series as a whole, as i come up off that high from finishing it and im more critical its clear to see points in 2 and 3 where they phoned it in and assumed the player would be engrossed enough in the story to not notice/care

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm reading now that the head writer for the series left halfway through part 2 due to creative differences and they had to bring in new writers real haphazardly who had a completely different vision for the series

in all honesty thats not hard to believe, part 2 and 3 have completely different tones from part 1 and in all honesty not as cohesive of a plot

still excellent games but i do also think its true that part 2 and 3 had periods were they were mid and i only got through them because i wanted to see what happened

if part 1 didnt put in so much work to establish the world and characters i dont think id think so favorably of the series as a whole, as i come up off that high from finishing it and im more critical its clear to see points in 2 and 3 where they phoned it in and assumed the player would be engrossed enough in the story to not notice/care
That’s the beauty of a trilogy, ME2 didn’t need a another big bad threat when we already know the endgame will be against the reapers. I always looked at ME2 the perfect setup for 3 because the amount of world building especially if you read all the dialogue in the journal portion plus it was a prep for Shep to get shyt in order for the arrival. Shep built very good alliances that were needed and it was done in ME2. I was satisfied knowing there was a third game on the way

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell

The transition from working under Microsoft for ME1 to EA for the rest of the series probably didn't help either.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a) don’t understand why I had a hard time navigating the citadel the 1st playthrough

b) the combat isn’t that bad at all

c) I already see why I low key let wrex get bodied

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a) don’t understand why I had a hard time navigating the citadel the 1st playthrough

Wrex does start off basically on some space alien :mjpls: shyt over having basically given up on his own people, but if you make sure he lives (which, despite what the internet would tell you, is actually REALLY easy), his growth over the series is pretty cool to see.

The Citadel is really only shytty because of the sprawl. Outside of your first visit, there's really only something like four or five places you avtuat need to visit, but having to sit through all the loading screens disguised as elevators/fast transit makes it a chore. I get that it was likely a thing that was done die to technical limitations, with some light writing to back it up. Although in all honesty, they never really got it all the way right in the other games, either.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps

The combat in the LE is for 1 is still much better than the original, which was more like a turn based rpg with a shooter overlay. I also like that they allow you to use weapons you aren't able to train in too. I never used a sniper rifle in any of the single player games until LE. Damn was I missing out:wow:. I'm tryna build my Shepherd up to be able to get Spectre 10 weapons. Never did that before and I want the accomplishment. Money is so easy to accumulate later in the game. Just gotta get him to level 50. If I wasn't playing this on insanity I would coast through this game now that I fully understand the powers and squad controls. First time I played this shyt back in the day it was fukking tough to get through on normal.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Outside of your first visit, there's really only something like four or five places you avtuat need to visit

ya I felt more of a need to explore it my first time around…this time it was point A to B and the layout is so much more straightforward for me as a result

The combat in the LE is for 1 is still much better than the original, which was more like a turn based rpg with a shooter overlay. I also like that they allow you to use weapons you aren't able to train in too.

it helps that I’m playing as a soldier on this 2nd run…I’m getting much better guns off the bat

gonna skip some of the side missions…like chasing them monkeys around…curious to see how passing on some of these tedious side missions will affect the endgame

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m doing missions in different orders now…that plus cutting back on some of the side missions creates a better pace/flow imo

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never played a mass effect before, how do these hold up, mainly the first, it a slog due to being dated or still pretty piff?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never played a mass effect before, how do these hold up, mainly the first, it a slog due to being dated or still pretty piff?

I never played the series before…had an immense dislike for RPGs yet I am playing my 2nd run through and enjoying the ME1 more this second time around…not too many games I’ve played in their entirety multiple times

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tomorrow I dive into me2...beat me1 about 2 weeks ago and kept it full renegade. It’s gonna be a challenge to keep that same energy throughout the whole trilogy.:francis: :mjlit:

so shyt was going according to plan. Doing my mission and assignments, keeping it renegade and really having no real moral dilemma’s about it. Then I get to the kasumi loyalty mission :wow:

being a breh that’s been locked down in a relationship for a long ass time, it was actually tough for me to stick to renegade and tell kasumi to destroy the hologram that had the last known footage/memory of her loved one

:why: Lord have mercy on my soul. I only
Have the warlord left to get and then it’s time to face the collectors

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never played the series before…had an immense dislike for RPGs yet I am playing my 2nd run through and enjoying the ME1 more this second time around…not too many games I’ve played in their entirety multiple times
It really fire like that? I heard awful things about the end to the third game and never got round to it, the story good? Might download