The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The best thing I did was take pictures so anytime I get nostalgic I can relive the greatness without having to start from scratch

kXEbyEe.jpg

Dude was fukkED UP after that Citadel party:mjlol:

Daps
Just finished this last night. At first I wasn’t sure if it made sense to power through all three games back to back or space them out, but once i got started I couldn’t put it down. I think ME1 had the best story and ME3 had the best gameplay but it never felt like a chore for me to try and get through. glad I got to experience an updated version of the game this year without having to play the OG trilogy on PS3.

I totally agree with everyone here saying that whatever I play next just isn’t going to feel the same. The story holds up surprisingly well and the multiple choice options I’m sure would allow for another play through. It’s Too soon for another run but i could see myself doing it for that reason. Maybe emptiness isn’t the word I would use to describe how I feel now, but it’s definitely a “how do you follow that up?” Sentiment for me. It’s the same feeling I had after playing TLOU2 but for different reasons.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just restarted and I’m amazed at how excited I am as the game starts up for the first time :noah: quiet as kept the score is very underrated and sets the tone well…really feel like I’m beginning a movie…I also think I will enjoy the early stages of ME1 a lot more now that there’s some familiarity with the game and what it’s setting out to do…the bytch I created bad too :wow: I’m about to be an a$$hole to everyone on the ship tho…no friends…let’s just get the job done…I’ll save the socializing for ME3…maybe

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
chose soldier this time instead of vanguard

I wonder if I can scissor ashley

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
man you know what i might not never understand now that i think about it

one of the big reoccurring themes in the series is how the council and the citadel at large dont believe shepard about saren, then cerberus, then the reapers until its too late

i could understand not believing one person, but you telling me not believing the two other people i got with me at bare minimum and the whole normandy at worst, especially when the normandy is supposed to be a collective of the best and most respected alliance soldiers and engineers :skip:

whole ship is telling you about this imminent alien invasion and the government is like "nah you need more people"

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
ya it took me quite a while to learn how to use biotics and once I did I kept forgetting to use them in the heat of battle…ME2 made it far more manageable
Biotics in 1 fukking suck. Other than the fact they can impact the enemy whether they're shielded or not is the only thing I like about biotics in 1. Other than that the cooldown times take so long that sometimes you forget to even use them. The use of biotics in 2 is what I thought I was getting in 1 when it first came out. 1's story and the rpg elements were so good that it still was amazing even with that clunky ass combat. I remember in the original version of 1 even shooting enemies was a fukking crapshoot, a literal behind the scenes digital dice roll. That improvement alone has made legendary edition a hell of an upgrade.

Last edited:

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
man you know what i might not never understand now that i think about it

one of the big reoccurring themes in the series is how the council and the citadel at large dont believe shepard about saren, then cerberus, then the reapers until its too late

i could understand not believing one person, but you telling me not believing the two other people i got with me at bare minimum and the whole normandy at worst, especially when the normandy is supposed to be a collective of the best and most respected alliance soldiers and engineers :skip:

whole ship is telling you about this imminent alien invasion and the government is like "nah you need more people"
also; the asari councilor could just merge minds to see the visions like Liara and the one on Feros