The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
hindi probably .. like a lot of her other phraseology ..

the direction was paint by numbers.

also the director was a co-writer on this one, so had more scope to create and implement a vision.

altogether she did a bad job for me.

even worse than vanilla payton reed's (MCU spider-man) work.

this is da costa's 2nd big production studio film (IIRC) and it shows.

she could have started with a scene showing the events on hala ..

family having breakfast, all at peace. kids in school. then suddenly ...

zfWXX4v.png

:hubie:

That's why I gave it a 6.5 it was serviceable it wasnt mind blowing... she's a new director so you gotta give her props for even getting the chance of making a superhero movie... :francis: but I chalk this up to the story there was things they left out to explain...

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
That's why I gave it a 6.5 it was serviceable it wasnt mind blowing... she's a new director so you gotta give her props for even getting the chance of making a superhero movie... :francis: but I chalk this up to the story there was things they left out to explain...

she wrote the story tho.

she is at the top of the writers list.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
The begining could've been edited better to better relay the Freaky Friday (for lack of a better word) element of the movie, and there are two scenes in the 3rd act that will legit anger some folks but I thought it was a pretty solid flick overall.

The trio swapping stuff was pretty dope IMO. Kamala was great, Rambeau was dope (and some of those shots of her from behind *chef's kiss)

They coming..

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Perfect summary :obama:

Watched reviews from some critics I trust and they were going in on this movie something serious :picard:

After watching the shyt I feel they were a too damn harsh.

However when thinking about it. I feel for people to really enjoy this movie is based on how invested you are into the MCU up to this point. If you feel ehh in on it lately, you will most likely hate this shyt. If you found some enjoyment off most of the shyt. You might like it…

For me I enjoyed this for what it is.

Also the ending and mid credit scenes. Kevin Fiege set up shyt for the next decade…:wow:
Doubt Kevin Martaveious Feige, brehs :wow:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Here's something I found interesting:

Marvel Studios‘ sequel, The Marvels, has clocked around $6.5M in Thursday night previews we hear from sources. Disney will be reporting their official figure this morning and we’ll update you then. Previews began at 3PM.

The fear out there by many is that this $200M budgeted sequel to 2019’s Captain Marvel –which stands as the highest grossing female superhero movie of all-time–could clock the lowest start ever stateside for a Marvel Studios movie; lower than The Incredible Hulk (which was a Universal release before Disney absorbed the MCU) which had a $55.4M start. While tracking took its projections down from $80M to $60M for The Marvels, there is a concern out there that The Marvels could see a $40M+ start.

Thursday night PostTrak exits from ComScore/Screen Engine were severe for general audiences at 3.5 stars, but 4 1/2 stars from parents and 5 stars from kids under 12. That said, kids and parents combined only repped 9% of last night’s audience. The Marvels skewed guys at 63% with men over 25 the biggest turnout at 45% and women over 25 at 24%. That latter demo gave the best recommendation grades of any demo at 61%.

So much for the idea of "men hate women." Women haven't shown up, the audience was mostly men over 25. :manny: