The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Just got back from seeing it and I liked out. Your pacing was lightning fast and you could tell that since scenes were cut short. Spectrum and Kamala were the best characters. The girl that plays Kamala has Kamala's youthful ernest down pact. Her characterization is pretty much a 1 to 1 from the comics. Can't wait to see how she interacts with the rest of the Avengers
I agree with all this.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Got damn, those who said the acting was bad in the mid-credits scene weren't lying.

That shyt was deplorable. :picard: And why can neither of these two broads close their mouths when they ain't speaking? :gucci:

c11e2a23-a122-4b22-a6cb-b7b44838549d_text.gif

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I liked it. It said foot on the gas since the opening minute, and never let up. It was fun, and Khamala Khan had enough energy to keep the movie engaging. That girl IS the comicbook character brought to screen. Overall, it's fun. The trio had excellent chemistry.

The villain was typical MCU but the fight scenes were some of the best.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I liked it. It said foot on the gas since the opening minute, and never let up. It was fun, and Khamala Khan had enough energy to keep the movie engaging. That girl IS the comicbook character brought to screen. Overall, it's fun. The trio had excellent chemistry.

The villain was typical MCU but the fight scenes were some of the best.
Perfect summary :obama:

Watched reviews from some critics I trust and they were going in on this movie something serious :picard:

After watching the shyt I feel they were a too damn harsh.

However when thinking about it. I feel for people to really enjoy this movie is based on how invested you are into the MCU up to this point. If you feel ehh in on it lately, you will most likely hate this shyt. If you found some enjoyment off most of the shyt. You might like it…

For me I enjoyed this for what it is.

Also the ending and mid credit scenes. Kevin Fiege set up shyt for the next decade…:wow:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
solid 5 - 5.5 / 10. no way as bad as some of the comments online.

without kamala (+family) and SLJ this film would have been borderline unwatchable.

i think the first film had a better flow than this one but here the action was much better.

there were some weird artistic flourishes than i didn't like, they could have delved more into hala/kree, direction lacked style and the villain was instantly forgettable.

all in all just about ok.

peppe

Superstar
Daps

:francis:

they did monica dirty it seems

either samual L jackson did someone dirty at disney or they threw him a big fukking bag for them to let fury become such a pitiful character

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I skimmed an article saying that reviewers are calling this movie "fun." That sort of shyt is why right wingers will forever be able to grift off that "agenda" talking point. If these studios would just insert the agendas into movies that were actually good you wouldn't need social media or hack writers to play clean up for you. Disney/Marvel needs to stop worrying about trying to look good and just make good movies, shove as many agendas in as you want, just make an entertaining movie.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
ok I just watched it earlier so many fukking questions that needed to be fleshed out...:francis:

there's so much stuff that should have been explained... like the entire time carol went back to hala and destroyed the hivemind. it still doesnt explain how a destruction of an AI can cause an entire sun to burn out and the waters to dry out... they SHOULD have explained that... :beli:

the after credits scene... I felt sorry for monica seeing her mom that was dead like it was a bad dream and it wasnt your mom but she's a mutant and your stuck in the xmen universe :dead::ohhh:

The whole musical section fukk CRINGY ASF...:scust: jesus christ it was so cringe...The whole alien race sings to communicate???? and CAROL CANT SING FOR shyt!!! THAT WAS ACTUALLY BRIE LARSON TRYING???!!?:huhldup:

Kamala during the whole movie felt like a fanboy that was transported inside the MCU living out her dreams...:mjlol: She was a highlight I can admit that. I still dont know why her mother calls her Beta...:heh:

Nick Fury at least gave the Skrulls a new world he came through on his promise...:ufdup: and the Kree fanatics fukked it all up...

The young avengers mid credit scene idk if Im really hyped for that...:patrice: that whole musical dancing stuff could have been AXED and replaced with something way better... like they was actually half mer-people cousins of namor or something considering their planet was like 99% water

It wasnt THAT bad....problem wasnt direction. the shots was pretty cool... but story could have been stronger overall giving it a 6.5/7ish

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
ok I just watched it earlier so many fukking questions that needed to be fleshed out...:francis:

there's so much stuff that should have been explained... like the entire time carol went back to hala and destroyed the hivemind. it still doesnt explain how a destruction of an AI can cause an entire sun to burn out and the waters to dry out... they SHOULD have explained that... :beli:

the after credits scene... I felt sorry for monica seeing her mom that was dead like it was a bad dream and it wasnt your mom but she's a mutant and your stuck in the xmen universe :dead::ohhh:

The whole musical section fukk CRINGY ASF...:scust: jesus christ it was so cringe...The whole alien race sings to communicate???? and CAROL CANT SING FOR shyt!!! THAT WAS ACTUALLY BRIE LARSON TRYING???!!?:huhldup:

Kamala during the whole movie felt like a fanboy that was transported inside the MCU living out her dreams...:mjlol: She was a highlight I can admit that. I still dont know why her mother calls her Beta...:heh:
hindi probably .. like a lot of her other phraseology ..

Nick Fury at least gave the Skrulls a new world he came through on his promise...:ufdup: and the Kree fanatics fukked it all up...

The young avengers mid credit scene idk if Im really hyped for that...:patrice: that whole musical dancing stuff could have been AXED and replaced with something way better... like they was actually half mer-people cousins of namor or something considering their planet was like 99% water
It wasnt THAT bad....problem wasnt direction. the shots was pretty cool... but story could have been stronger overall giving it a 6.5/7ish

the direction was paint by numbers.

also the director was a co-writer on this one, so had more scope to create and implement a vision.

altogether she did a bad job for me.

even worse than vanilla payton reed's (MCU spider-man) work.

this is da costa's 2nd big production studio film (IIRC) and it shows.

she could have started with a scene showing the events on hala ..

family having breakfast, all at peace. kids in school. then suddenly ...

zfWXX4v.png

:hubie: