The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I guess because I’m more or less in disbelief of it all as I’ve mentioned earlier, I just haven’t seen so much dislike for one movie in awhile. I can’t even find one positive thing about it. Only negativity which had me ask the question of why.

But you’re right, the explanation has been made clear. I’m just processing it a bit, that is all.

Do you mean since 11 November 2022 because BP2 went had similar type of vitriol due to the lead cast

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
But I mean, is it really that serious at the end of the day? It’s a comic book movie yet some people are going in so hard on this, I’m just taken a back by the crazy slander of it.

The MCU isn't in the best position right now and The Marvels film is an easy punching bag :manny:

Tbf, the recent DC movies got their fair share.

With CM, imo it's a weird coming full circle situation. Can't point out the "stimulus package" the first movie got from coming out when 1.) the MCU was at it's peak and 2.) female heroes were perceived as a rare/neglected demo... but not recognize that the sequel is now coming out when the MCU is 1.) arguably at it's lowest point and 2.) a growing sentiment of toxic femininity in the genre permeates.

Not to mention this movie simply doesn't look that good / worse than the predecessor. It's why i mentioned a while back that altho the character (and actress) will get the blame + their failure probably celebrated by certain groups, I moreso question the studios direction of the IP from jump.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Do you mean since 11 November 2022 because BP2 went had similar type of vitriol due to the lead cast

NAH THAT MOVIE HAD
GOOD REVIEWS AND DID 860 MILLION.

THERE WAS JUST A VERY SMALL LOUD
MINORITY shytTING ON IT..

POST END GAME
IT WAS MCU BEST RECEIVED PROJECT
OUTSIDE OF SPIDERMAN

:devil:
:evil:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan

Hmm, oddly enough, I didn’t feel nor sense the vitriol as much as with this one to be honest. This one kind of struck me in a way because it’s all I’ve been seeing these past several weeks. Like I mentioned before, some people are really going out of their way to pray for this movie’s downfall

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hmm, oddly enough, I didn’t feel nor sense the vitriol as much as with this one to be honest. This one kind of struck me in a way because it’s all I’ve been seeing these past several weeks. Like I mentioned before, some people are really going out of their way to pray for this movie’s downfall

And now you sound very disingenuous

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

NAH THAT MOVIE HAD
GOOD REVIEWS AND DID 860 MILLION.

THERE WAS JUST A VERY SMALL LOUD
MINORITY shytTING ON IT..

POST END GAME
IT WAS MCU BEST RECEIVED PROJECT
OUTSIDE OF SPIDERMAN

And box office numbers is not my argument.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
And now you sound very disingenuous

Not my intent at all. Im just saying what I’m seeing online these past several weeks for the Marvels, I have not heard anything positive about this movie. To me, the dislike for this movie that some are displaying is a bit strong

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:dead:WTF MADE YOU nikkaS
THINK THE ACTORS FROM
THE XMEN MOVIE 23 YRS AGO
WERE STILL UNDER CONTRACT?

THAT WAS NEVER THE RUMOR.

You gotta remember there was a whole new set of Fox men characters a little over a decade ago

Let's say Marvel says fukk it we're making a new X-Men movie. Here's the cast

Now you got Michael Fassbender's lawyer on the other line asking about that new Magneto y'all just cast:mjlol:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You gotta remember there was a whole new set of Fox men characters a little over a decade ago

Now you got Michael Fassbender's lawyer on the other line asking about that new Magneto y'all just cast:mjlol:

I ALREADY SAID THE RUMOR WAS ABOUT
THE MOST RECENT CAST OF THE XMEN
BUT THESE nikkaS
MORPHED THE RUMOR INTO
THE ORIGINAL CAST BECAUSE THEY NEEDED
AN EXCUSE AS TO WHY DISNEY HAS BEEN
AND WILL BE USING
THE OG ACTORS IN THEIR PROJECTS.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide

Fassbender might be one of the few they would be willing to bring back.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

THOR 4 AND ANTMAN
WERE COMPLETELY shytTED ON
BECAUSE THEY WERE TRASH
BUT FANS STILL WENT TO SEE THEM
DUE TO MCU GOOD TRACK RECORD.

THIS MOVIE IS CLEARLY TRASH JUST FROM THE ADS
AND ITS BEEN PUSHED BACK FOR A LONG TIME
WHILE TRYING TO MAKE IT LESS TRASH

THE WHOLE PRODUCTION HAS SAID MID
FROM THE START AND THE DIRECTOR EVEN LEFT BEFORE THE MOVIE WAS FINISHED.

THIS MOVIE FLOPPING IS A CUMULATION
OF EVERYTHING MARVEL HAS DONE SINCE
INFINITY WAR TO shyt ON ITS CORE FAN BASE.

IF IT CAME OUT 2-3YRS AGO
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER RECIEVED
BECAUSE THE STENCH OF PHASE 4/5
WOULDNT BE SO ROTTEN.

MCU HAS BURNED UP ALL OF ITS GOOD WILL.

When the MCU films flop, there all kinds of juelzing. No smoke, no pushback, no vitriol.

You look at the Flash threads recently? And the Black Adam ones? All kinds of posters were shytting on their Box office flops and underperformances.