The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, the Russo Bros since they left Marvel are doing next level . . . Oh wait.
I mean they produced a hit film series for Netflix in Extraction and they produced an academy award winner for best picture in Everything Everywhere All at Once. Seems like they're doing alright.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I mean they produced a hit film series for Netflix in Extraction and they produced an academy award winner for best picture in Everything Everywhere All at Once. Seems like they're doing alright.
How about the movies they directed? You know what they were actually doing for Marvel?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I do find it interesting that the same energy not being applied :mjpls:

If it was a DCEU movie, the Film Room would be cheering it on.

Since this is a MCU film, they do their best to downplay it.

Funny how since this is only FIVE MONTHS after The Film Room were happy about The Flash flopping, they have this film about to catch a historical brick.

Be careful on who you kick down and ridicule, cause your turn comes quicker than you think.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
For one the first one made a billion and so far this is tracking to make less than black adam and the flash for opening weekend. Secondly brie is hated by a lot of dudes apparently

More proof that the first film had the "infinity War" stimulus and even that "Ant Man" film series benefitted from Thanos

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How about the movies they directed? You know what they were actually doing for Marvel?
They haven't directed much since then mainly been producers. They mostly been working with Netflix and since Endgame have only directed 2 movies.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
It’s weird, maybe it’s me but…I’ve never seen so many get glee from wanting a movie to fail. A lot of YouTube videos have been circulating around talking about how this movie will suck etc while being a bit too happy about it. I kind of cringe to be honest.

A lot of people see this as a form,of retribution for what MCU stans said about The Flash. What goes around, comes around.

Similar to how 50 Cent mocked and berated Ja Rule, Jadakiss, Nas and others, only for him to flop with BISD, it's karma.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s weird, maybe it’s me but…I’ve never seen so many get glee from wanting a movie to fail. A lot of YouTube videos have been circulating around talking about how this movie will suck etc while being a bit too happy about it. I kind of cringe to be honest.
It stars women. Most notably Brie.