The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
There's been rumors that they have to use the Fox actors if they make new X-Men movies before a certain span of time has passed. I'm inclined to believe them because there have been X-Men characters used or soon to be used in the MCU and they've been Fox actors.

:why:

Probably some contracts they couldn't get around I'd guess

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
it had to be some kind of contract stipulation, b/c not jumping headfirst into Xmen and F4 is insane otherwise.

At this point even if you acted like the Fox movies never happened and just put Romaijn as Mystique and Paquin as a proper Rogue (get a younger actress for her as a kid) would anyone bytch or moan if they were GOOD? I mean shyt just forget the Fox movies happened, pickup from now and KIM.

No one would tell with Romaijn she's behind make-up. And Marsden still looks like he's 30. God help us if Lawrence wants to jump in for the Disney check

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:why:

Probably some contracts they couldn't get around I'd guess
Evan Peters as Quicksilver (kinda) in Wandavision
Patrick Stewart as Professor Xavier in Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in Deadpool 3
(rumored) Kelsey Grammer as Beast in The Marvels

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Evan Peters as Quicksilver (kinda) in Wandavision
Patrick Stewart as Professor Xavier in Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in Deadpool 3
(rumored) Kelsey Grammer as Beast in The Marvels

Yeah SAG got involved and those contracts probably were iron clad with a buyout/merger clause.

Where was this for Wesley :francis:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
At this point even if you acted like the Fox movies never happened and just put Romaijn as Mystique and Paquin as a proper Rogue (get a younger actress for her as a kid) would anyone bytch or moan if they were GOOD? I mean shyt just forget the Fox movies happened, pickup from now and KIM.

No one would tell with Romaijn she's behind make-up. And Marsden still looks like he's 30. God help us if Lawrence wants to jump in for the Disney check
outside of Hugh, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan, does anyone have any connection to the X universe? i couldn't care less about the rest of em. even Halle Berry.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah SAG got involved and those contracts probably were iron clad with a buyout/merger clause.

Where was this for Wesley :francis:
I'm guessing they're waiting for whatever contractual issues they have to expire so they can do their own version but as they wait the MCU is burning to the ground in some respects.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
outside of Hugh, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan, does anyone have any connection to the X universe? i couldn't care less about the rest of em. even Halle Berry.

Well Ian and Stewart as shytty as this sounds Fox might be waiting for them to pass away for a proper clean slate. No way Halle should return as Storm. They prolly don't wanna pay out the salary/buyout for not bringing her back and trying to ride it out for the timeframe

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I'm guessing they're waiting for whatever contractual issues they have to expire so they can do their own version but as they wait the MCU is burning to the ground in some respects.

Yep probably got a sunset clause after the deal closed of like 5 years. Deal closed on March 2019 so it makes perfect sense.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's obvious at this point but people still fantasizing how their plan of doing mutant shyt right away is genius.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Well Ian and Stewart as shytty as this sounds Fox might be waiting for them to pass away for a proper clean slate. No way Halle should return as Storm. They prolly don't wanna pay out the salary/buyout for not bringing her back and trying to ride it out for the timeframe
I think the contracts are why secret wars is so far off so they can do a proper reset

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yep and Jackman probably has 1 or 2 left on his deal so Deadpool is a way to 'get it outta the way' without impacting the regular X-Men they want to setup
Jackman in the role they have him in is fine. He's not a long term solution but no real opposition to them using multiverse shenanigans to get him a few appearances.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Jackman in the role they have him in is fine. He's not a long term solution but no real opposition to them using multiverse shenanigans to get him a few appearances.

This would perfectly explain their stale ass slate right now. They're forced to regurgitate the same shyt over and over (Ant Man 3, Thor 4, Marvels 2) while riding this out. And they can't come out and say this.

Well they could have dropped FF to placlate folks in the meantime Jesus. Or a dope Blade. No excuse for those 2.