The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
A kids movie didn’t appeal to you? Wild
I remember reading a quote from Stan Lee, basically saying that these aren't for grownups but they aren't for kids either. He implied his audience is essentially same audience as 80s teen movies like the lost boys or robocop. So the target demo seems to be like 13 - 21. This age of people that generally pile in the see every teen slasher flick too. So it was never meant for kid kids, but not for grown people either.

but obviously with Disney they want more family entertainment which is 13 and under. so they make everything family friendly. But compare non disney marvel films like Blade to disney's and you'll see where stan lee was coming from. marvel should have been sold to netflix.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I remember reading a quote from Stan Lee, basically saying that these aren't for grownups but they aren't for kids either. He implied his audience is essentially same audience as 80s teen movies like the lost boys or robocop. So the target demo seems to be like 13 - 21. This age of people that generally pile in the see every teen slasher flick too. So it was never meant for kid kids, but not for grown people either.

but obviously with Disney they want more family entertainment which is 13 and under. so they make everything family friendly. But compare non disney marvel films like Blade to disney's and you'll see where stan lee was coming from. marvel should have been sold to netflix.
However you want to slice it I have outgrown most of the shyt they are putting out. Imagine most folks who were watching it since it’s inception (long time ago) have also. This Disney stuff is just that. Content for young people

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I'm excited for the movie, because of spoilers smh, but the trailer didn't really do it for me.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The horror movie sam raini stuff in the third act which everyone loved, I wasn't in love with. That is not a third act
I wish they gave Waldron more time with the script because the direction and horror elements on the other hand were great. I’m kinda hesitant right now on grouping him with Loveness though because I know he’s capable of some gem work as seen on Loki. A two week script re-write was always a disaster waiting to happen.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good teaser trailer for me, sort of looking like the plot leak was correct, which sort of makes me wonder how good it can be tho.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
This looks decent, will be forced by my girl to see this because of Teyonah Paris

Conz

Superstar
Daps
The horror movie sam raini stuff in the third act which everyone loved, I wasn't in love with. That is not a third act
Sam Raimi is :flabbynsick: and they completely wasted the multiversal shyt while thinking everyone was fiending for an instant Wandavision sequel. it's trash. gets worse by the day, even the stuff i didn't mind in the theater has faded. movie has a fukkin Minotaur sorcerer and they're just like... nah, fukk it, he doesn't need to be a character, we need Doctor Strange to torture the LOLZ Bruce Campbell pizza ball guy b/c the rule of multiversal travel is, you don't have to pay for food and red means go. very good shyt.