The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I thought the movie was mid.

Can we all agree that Valkyrie and Captain Marvel were definitely fukking.

The main villian was wack but I would smash the breaks off her in the name of Kree :shaq:

Just found out thats Loki's baby moms :ehh:

Tom-Hiddleston-and-Zawe-Ashtons-Relationship-Timeline7.jpg

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There must be some money laundering situation. It just doesn’t seem possible that something can be managed so incompetently over and over….and that people with that sort of money would be cool with it.
It's hubris

I keep trying to tell yall Disney has no idea how to sell to boys and men:russ: Female pandering is seen as a win button and has worked for Disney for decades but they thought they could pander to females with male centric properties and it's failing miserably

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s been the trend in a lot of women led action movies lately. Wonder Woman had a good balance between her and steve. Where as TWS natasha was just as capable as steve.
Not only was Natasha capable in that movie she made a sacrifice.

Remember when she was about to leak all that information and Robert Redford told her "Bytch your name dirty as fukk too you sure you wanna do that?" and she leaked the shyt anyway? That's hero shyt. That's real character development

Widow released that information for the greater good knowing her name would be in the mud and accepting whatever came with it. This is the type of shyt these trash writers miss when crafting these girlboss characters. Current phase MCU females wouldn't have a challenge like that

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Can see him as Rob Reynolds
Wondering what his Sentry form will look like. He bulking?

Yea it can work. But ultimately, comics and their movie studio counterparts troll us with a self fulfilling (or defeating?) prophesy of race bending bc they (the studios) rarely if never get any big event stories with prominent black/brown/yellow characters from the content creators (the comics), but they also never demand black/brown/yellow characters be built up by the content creators, even tho they own the subsisdiary.

i.e. Race bending Kang and Wonder Man, but you have Blue Marvel and Dr Voodoo collecting dust and not truly contributing to any of the last major comic events (such as 2016 Secret Wars) of the past 15 years. Or wanting yellow folk on the team but you got a whole Agents of Atlas team of yellow folks who are after thoughts.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea it can work. But ultimately, comics and their movie studio counterparts troll us with a self fulfilling (or defeating?) prophesy of race bending bc they (the studios) rarely if never get any big event stories with prominent black/brown/yellow characters from the content creators (the comics), but they also never demand black/brown/yellow characters be built up by the content creators, even tho they own the subsisdiary.

i.e. Race bending Kang and Wonder Man, but you have Blue Marvel and Dr Voodoo collecting dust and not truly contributing to any of the last major comic events (such as 2016 Secret Wars) of the past 15 years. Or wanting yellow folk on the team but you got a whole Agents of Atlas team of yellow folks who are after thoughts.
Exactly. This is why I never fukked with Blue Marvel as a character

He just exists so nikkas can have a go to "Man Blue Marvel stronger than the Hulk" type character for online comic debates but he has no significant purpose in the prominent story arcs:russell::camby:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They just don't understand something that's so simple.

BOTH men AND women don't care about a female action flick if there's no men present.

All they had to do was have 3 male characters to go along with the 3 leading women, a male/female romance subplot and the movie would have been a hit.

Their biggest mistake was making Captain Marvel a damn DYKE.

Because aint nobody other than LGBTQ interested in a dyke superhero and they cannot do a romance storyline which would bring in the women.

That's why Thor 4 although trash was still a hit.

Last edited:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This flick has the following problems:

-needing to be up on all the Marvel to date to fully understand what's going on...it started with Carol's 'previously on' flashbacked and did Monica's 'previously on' mid film, but it'd help all newcomers to have some degree of backstory spelled out early on. If you'd never seen the Ms. Marvel series, you'd have no clue the 'bangle' significance when it's introduced or no reference when she mentions it 'brought here through space & time before.' Theatrical should be your biggest audiences and you can't expect them to be 'doing their homework' to draw them in.

-weak villain (which they've had plenty of times in the past) not being the proper foil for the heroes.

-structure issues that would help the villain arc like starting with Danvers' destruction of the Supreme Intelligence sparking the villains arc instead of revealing it slowly throughout the film.

That said, you take the film for what it is and it's really just a quick romp with these characters w/ Kamala Khan stealing the show and, while I listed the roadblocks to people enjoying it, I can't see how anyone who watched all the previous relevant Marvel to be up to speed doesn't enjoy the hell out of this flick.

BTW, my favorite Carol Danvers is still (and probably will always be [specifically from when he redeemed the Avengers #200 storyline) Claremont's version, and (especially with the amnesia storyline) they will never get there theatrically, but I thought this brought some much needed layers to the blank slate character relearning herself from before + action scenes we've gotten to date.

While some of the reluctance to reconnect could really have been delved in deeper to really have it hit home, you get a ton of the pathos, guilt, reluctance and reticence of Carol dripping off those scenes and, with a couple of tweaks, could have had them really resonate throughout the whole film instead of the many touches we get.

It keeps it from being a great film and, while I acknowledged the roadblocks for many, for someone that didn't have them, this was just a really fun flick.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
ultimately this is just an insignificant movie. they went through a stretch where every movie felt massive. what did this story ultimately do? the movie basically exists to get Monica into the X-universe, and that was a late addition. we needed a full movie to get to that? without that, what happened? some skrulls went to Asgard? Marvel doesn't even know what they're doing with the skrulls. We got further explanation about the things an entire season of Ms. Marvel was about? this movie was fine but was barely a Disney+ level story. they fukked that up so bad, no one wants to even watch small side stories like this on the big screen anymore.

sidenote - they did a terrible job with Carol Danvers. no one cared about her sequel b/c her subsequent appearances in the MCU have been nothing. she just comes in grumpy faced and kills everything in her path. the one glimpse of character she got was talking to Peter for a half a second in Endgame. Can't help but feel like they're doing the same thing with Shang-chi. When his sequel rolls around will anyone give a shyt? They haven't even stuck him in a stinger scene since his movie.

i know these actors are expensive and have other jobs, but you're telling me they couldn't get Brie for 1 day on Secret shytty Invasion? Just a few scenes, even if she isn't using powers? just a little refresher to make people remember her. give her a couple "likeable" interactions with Nick then let her go on her way. Are they afraid people would then say, "why didn't they just have Carol kill whatshisface?" people were fukkin saying that anyway. they always do. and the horrible Khaleesi character basically used her powers. i don't even find it believable that Kamala worships Carol. even if the Thanos battle was international news, i don't even believe the public is fully aware of Captain Marvel

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Can see him as Rob Reynolds
Wondering what his Sentry form will look like. He bulking?
i like Steven Yeun but this dude is gonna look insane on the Marvel roid regimine. Remember when Kumail made himself look like a real like The Thing so he could shoot light from his finger guns and do a Bollywood dance for 12 seconds?