The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Daps
Which one is u?👇

Which one is you? :jbhmm:

gettyimages-830617832.jpg

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went into watching this movie with low expectations because I thought the first movie was mid. The Marvels way exceeded my expectations and was pretty damn enjoyable to watch. Had a good mix of humor and action, much more than a lot of marvel movies lately. My only major critique is that the main villain didn’t really have a scene where she wrecked shopped and prove that she was a major threat, so it made her demise anticlimactic. If they had like 20 more minutes maybe they could have fleshed it out more. Other than that, me and the wife enjoyed it. Definitely doesn’t deserve to be the lowest grossing marvel movie. That should go to The Eternals but that’s another story

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
With Fiege in charge we are going to get terrible interpretations of the F4 and X-Men :mjcry:
They're free to push as many agendas they want with X men because that's how they've always been written, just leave everything else alone.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
John Campea
John Campea1 day ago (edited)
Someone explain something to me. I see a lot of people saying “The Marvels” is “woke”. Ok… but while watching the movie I noticed that never in the film is “girl power” or race or gender or anything is even remotely mentioned. Not once. So what exactly is “woke” about the movie? Or are people just calling it that because it just has women in it?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
They're free to push as many agendas they want with X men because that's how they've always been written, just leave everything else alone.

FF sue (invisible PAWG) was tuned from invisible girl to invisible woman and became the most powerful during the (classic) john byrne run.

so stop :camby:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
John Campea
John Campea1 day ago (edited)
Someone explain something to me. I see a lot of people saying “The Marvels” is “woke”. Ok… but while watching the movie I noticed that never in the film is “girl power” or race or gender or anything is even remotely mentioned. Not once. So what exactly is “woke” about the movie? Or are people just calling it that because it just has women in it?

I wouldn't take what he says seriously, bro loves his superhero movies

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FF sue (invisible PAWG) was tuned from invisible girl to invisible woman and became the most powerful during the (classic) john byrne run.

so stop :camby:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Meh, still seems like a pandering choice to introduce the FF with Sue as the lead. Disney can continue down this path, but women have shown time and time again that action/comic book flicks is really not their thing. They are casual fans so who is Disney making these movies for?