The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're all entitled to n our opinions. But there was nothing redundant. When I say warlike, I'm talking borderline Warhawks. They made him a clown. Farting and burping. Then they nerfed his power significantly so CM would be needed to come in and 'balance' the scales. That happened. And Endgame was a much poorer film for it.
I won't argue because I understand what nikkas expect from Thor and why some disagree with Endgame Thor but again he's a warrior without a war. He had the ultimate war in front of him and lost.

I call it redundant because Thor and his mythos is inherently warlike. Sure you can do the brooding Batman shyt but we've seen that a million times. I understand that nikkas hate the comedic aspects but he was always adjacent to that if we're being honest. Thor 1 was a fish out of water story and those are inherently comedic. The difference with Ragnorak is Thor's surroundings became as comedic as him:manny: then of course Thor 4 takes the comedy way too far

I personally liked Endgame Thor because it's a rare portrayal of a specific type of grief. Some of it is played for laughs but there's a lot of darkness behind that comedy. Thor, God Of Thunder and protector of realms failed colossally when it mattered the most, and there's no one to fight about it. You killed Thanos on the rebound but so what nikka? What's done is done. Go home. Oh wait you have no home :huhldup:

Thor has his few Asgardians, once a proud people, posted up in some mountain range, and the universe is relatively peaceful post Thanos, so again what war? He lost the war breh. So Thor drowns his immense pain in games and beer. And we know the pain is there. It's omnipresent. Look at how reacts at even the mention of Thanos. Thor is slick an allegory for black people but I digress:russ:

Endgame has a lot of issues but I think it's a mistake to lay them at the feet of Thor

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Marvel needs to stop trying to force characters on the audience. Folks don’t give a shyt about Ms Marvel. It’s not happening. Those are the type of characters you SPRINKLE into an IP people actually care about, you don’t give them their own feature films.
she's arguably* the best new character since Endgame and everyone liked her best in this movie. Monica going from little kid in Captain Marvel no one remembers, to cop in Wandavision who gets confusing powers late in the series, to headlining moviestar was a hell of a jump.

*i don't even think it's really arguable. i like her more than everyone. who else is even in contention? Shang-chi? he's cool. his movie was cooler than him the character. the Eternals? ha. She-Hulk? I much preferred Jen Walters. Adam Warlock? Yelena will probably be great moving forward. better than Scarlet was. Florence Pugh is better

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she's arguably* the best new character since Endgame and everyone liked her best in this movie. Monica going from little kid in Captain Marvel no one remembers, to cop in Wandavision who gets confusing powers late in the series, to headlining moviestar was a hell of a jump.

*i don't even think it's really arguable. i like her more than everyone. who else is even in contention? Shang-chi? he's cool. his movie was cooler than him the character. the Eternals? ha. She-Hulk? I much preferred Jen Walters. Adam Warlock? Yelena will probably be great moving forward. better than Scarlet was. Florence Pugh is better
The disrespect nikkas constantly show Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow is :snoop:

Black Widow is one of the best written and developed characters in the entire MCU

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Technically Falcon Cap would be the leader but you know they ain't taking orders from that nikka:mjlol:
oh man, thinking about Anthony Mackie having a "these kids just don't listen!" role is pretty cringey.

i think that scene in marvels is an indication they'd set Kate up as the "elder statesman" and de facto leader of a young avengers team. I doubt Spidey would slum it in that project.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
imagine if they do the Young Avengers led by Kamala, Cassie, Kate Bishop, America Chavez and Wanda's twink son? all of the actresses should just delete social media now. hope Marvel pays them well

oh man, thinking about Anthony Mackie having a "these kids just don't listen!" role is pretty cringey.

i think that scene in marvels is an indication they'd set Kate up as the "elder statesman" and de facto leader of a young avengers team. I doubt Spidey would slum it in that project.
Project is destined to fail despite all of the clear set up for it

People only really want ironlad and the funny thing about that is that the only reason they want ironlad is because of kang and/or reed, the former seems like he's being written out

Unless they do some kind of kids targeted animated series or something there's no way itll work

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

The best new character doesnt mean they should get feature films when the field they are being compared to is also junk. Marvel fukked up big time by retiring Captain America and Iron Man at the same time, sure they couldnt have predicted Boseman's death, but damn you were only left with Spider-Man after that and they didnt fully control him.

Shoulda kept Iron Man in the fold at least, no mattter the cost, till you could bring in F4 or the X-Men to help carry some of these minor Marvel characters. Introduce them in the movie, build interest, then flesh them out on TV. You dont push trash to TV then expect people to drop money to see them in the movies.

This whole thing has been a disaster since they killed off Iron Man and Cap.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Project is destined to fail despite all of the clear set up for it

People only really want ironlad and the funny thing about that is that the only reason they want ironlad is because of kang and/or reed, the former seems like he's being written out

Unless they do some kind of kids targeted animated series or something there's no way itll work
no Ironlad, you gotta get the power ranger from Wakanda Forever.

although, i actually think her show sounds kinda cool.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The best new character doesnt mean they should get feature films when the field they are being compared too is also junk. Marvel fukked up big time by retiring Captain America and Iron Man at the same time, sure they couldnt have predicted Boseman's death, but damn you were only left with Spider-Man after that and they didnt fully control him.

Shoulda kept Iron Man in the fold at least, no mattter the cost, till you could bring in F4 or the X-Men to help carry some of these minor Marvel characters. Introduce them in the movie, build interest, then flesh them out on TV. You dont push trash to TV then expect people to drop money to see them in the movies.

This whole thing has been a disaster since they killed off Iron Man and Cap.
Chadwick really hurt. If BP2 came out under different circumstances with him alive it changes the dynamic of the phase a lot.

But still, they still would have been trending downward with this female movement, transition to D+, and lack of commitment to a plan.

If you remember feige started off saying he would never do a villain like thanos ever again and didn't want all the movies leading up to a plotline like the infinity saga anymore. They've had to start walking that back since people haven't responded well to the post snap movies, but it might already be too late, we'll see