The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd probably give it a 6/10 at best. Wasn't trash, but the plot and villain weren't intriguing at all which brought down the movie.
Was at least better than Thor 4, Antman 3, and Eternal. But like those, it won't have replay value.
The entanglement of powers in action was cool. I feel Monica had the best power set of the three.
The "wacky" Aldana planet scene was super weak.

Teyonah's donk even in that space suit :whoo:
They gave Secret Invasion zero connection to the movie.
Other spoiler thoughts
Thought it was funny they just out of nowhere made Captain Marvel and Valkyrie seem like they have a close relationship.
I feel like DS2 unceremoniously introducing the X-Men lowered the impact of the mid-credit scene.
How Kamala's family just going to move into Rambeau's old crib without her permission :russ:
Imma check it out, I like the Ms. Marvel jawn on Disney. Btw, I passed on Thor 4, should I check it out?

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
brother...this movie is gonna flop so hard. There was like 7 people in the theater for this. Movie was awful btw...like beyond bad. And I know what I'm getting into watching these popcorn flicks like all the comic book movies and fast and furious shyts...this was terrible. shyt was nonsensical. And a musical at parts. Worse than that wack ass Flash.

Last edited:

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Saw it Thursday. I thought it was decent. Iman definitely carried the movie. They could have given everyone more to work with story wise. Villain went out terribly. The end credit had me more hyped than anything but left me wondering about the future going forward.

Last edited:
Daps
It’s weird, maybe it’s me but…I’ve never seen so many get glee from wanting a movie to fail. A lot of YouTube videos have been circulating around talking about how this movie will suck etc while being a bit too happy about it. I kind of cringe to be honest.

I want it to fail because Feige refused to listen to MCU fans. He has not listened to us since 2019. Their whole attitude has been "they'll get what we give them" instead of recognizing that they need to give us good quality content to maintain our support for them.

Marvel is the biggest juggernaut in the history of film, and they fell victim to their own hubris. They really thought they were too big to fail and now they are discovering otherwise.

Marvel has been no different than Atlanta restaurants. We are paying them for a service and they are exhibiting poor customer service and even ungratefulness because they think they're the only game in town, and thinking that we are going to still watch and support because we have no other choice.

We are proving them otherwise right now and I love it.

These nxggas really gave us Kingpin in a Hawaiian shirt and thought we was gonna go for it.

Turned Daredevil into a comedy and thought we were gonna go for it.

Were gonna make Blade the 4th lead in his own movie and thought we were gonna go for it.

I can keep going.

They needed this spanking and perhaps even a few more so that they can realize that their success lies with us, the fans. And if they continue to feed us trash, we will continue to spit in their face and tell them to go to hell.

That goes for @Bryan Danielson too.

Daps
Everybody does care apparently because for the next few weeks millions of people who won’t even go see if are going to be on social media ripping it.

If the IP is so bad, people shouldn’t care this much.

Marvel had such a long run with the greatest payoff of all time that people are simply spoiled. I wouldn’t even call if super hero fatigue at this point. The market is just different. People got other shyt going on in their lives. Inflation is out of control so people don’t go out to the movies because they either work to much, don’t make enough or both. It is what it is. I use to go to the movies every week. I been stopped.

Bad thing about it is the bolded is probably being said by some ignorant marvel executive as we speak. It can't be that they're making trash no one wants. No it's gotta be something else, gotta be :pachaha: they won't learn until Gunn drops the new DCEU and leaves them in the dust.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I want it to fail because Feige refused to listen to MCU fans. He has not listened to us since 2019. Their whole attitude has been "they'll get what we give them" instead of recognizing that they need to give us good quality content to maintain our support for them.

Marvel is the biggest juggernaut in the history of film, and they fell victim to their own hubris. They really thought they were too big to fail and now they are discovering otherwise.

Marvel has been no different than Atlanta restaurants. We are paying them for a service and they are exhibiting poor customer service and even ungratefulness because they think they're the only game in town, and thinking that we are going to still watch and support because we have no other choice.

We are proving them otherwise right now and I love it.

These nxggas really gave us Kingpin in a Hawaiian shirt and thought we was gonna go for it.

Turned Daredevil into a comedy and thought we were gonna go for it.

Were gonna make Blade the 4th lead in his own movie and thought we were gonna go for it.

I can keep going.

They needed this spanking and perhaps even a few more so that they can realize that their success lies with us, the fans. And if they continue to feed us trash, we will continue to spit in their face and tell them to go to hell.

That goes for @Bryan Danielson too.
DC has been doing that for damn near 2 decades now. At the end of the day y’all will still show up give them clicks and give them traffic. All y’all was shytting on this years before it came out and still ended up seeing this before Brie Larson momma :mjlol:

Daps
DC has been doing that for damn near 2 decades now. At the end of the day y’all will still show up give them clicks and give them traffic. All y’all was shytting on this years before it came out and still ended up seeing this before Brie Larson momma :mjlol:

And look where dc is now. A great reset happened, actors were unceremoniously fired and directors and creators were let go. The only person safe in the new DCEU going forward is John Cena

I won't rest until marvel does the same thing and the only safe person in the MCU is Bautista :mjgrin:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
And look where dc is now. A great reset happened, actors were unceremoniously fired and directors and creators were let go. The only person safe in the new DCEU going forward is John Cena

I won't rest until marvel does the same thing and the only safe person in the MCU is Bautista :mjgrin:
God speed, Spider-Man :salute:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Na…… if there is a problem. Marvels problem LISTENING TO THE FANS

Because a lot of what they’ve done was in response to what the fans wanted.

The problem is, the fans don’t know what they talking about, complain for the sake of complaining, and just are fickle.

They literally pulled shyt straight from the comic book pages and fans take fake issue with that

They gotta go back to remembering they are the experts , not us.

And just do what they do…..

I remember fan complaints #253 “Bu bu bu but Marvel don’t take risk!”

Well the past 8 movies & shows been RISK and different from “that formula” and some still complain

The last thing Marvel ever needs to do again is listen to fans especially Coli