The "makings of a fly apartment" thread....

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
I've mentioned here and there- this is what @Tree-0-Three and I have been up to. Started building last summer, finally settled in. I'm pretending to be a decorator :obama:

4rfbGII.jpg

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but anyone got aquariums?

I don't own my own property because I'm only a couple years outta college but a nice little tank works wonders for decor.

Got my freshwater tank with a tonne of shrimp, little neon fish, crabs, crayfish, snails and some aquatic plants. Pretty soothing.

Saltwater is a bytch to maintain though so :camby:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

I don't own my own property because I'm only a couple years outta college but a nice little tank works wonders for decor.

Got my freshwater tank with a tonne of shrimp, little neon fish, crabs, crayfish, snails and some aquatic plants. Pretty soothing.

Take a picture

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps

n*gga all your fish are gonna die. How big is your tank? :mjlol:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Take a picture
XjdSCm9.jpg

sorry for the shyt quality, it's my spare old smartphone since my current one's getting fixed.
It looks better than this usually but I've been kinda neglecting it recently :snoop:
n*gga all your fish are gonna die. How big is your tank? :mjlol:
the shot above is my 5 gallon mini tank. 8 neon tetras, about 60 ghost shrimp and 2 assassin snails. My bigger 30 gallon set up got fukked up recently because there was a power cut while I was on vacation and my fishes died. Had a few plecos, a discus, a weird ass dwarf drog, and a number of differently coloured goldfish.

I'm still a novice to this aquarium stuff breh

you got a tank?

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
XjdSCm9.jpg

sorry for the shyt quality, it's my spare old smartphone since my current one's getting fixed.
It looks better than this usually but I've been kinda neglecting it recently :snoop:

the shot above is my 5 gallon mini tank. 8 neon tetras, about 60 ghost shrimp and 2 assassin snails. My bigger 30 gallon set up got fukked up recently because there was a power cut while I was on vacation and my fishes died. Had a few plecos, a discus, a weird ass dwarf drog, and a number of differently coloured goldfish.

I'm still a novice to this aquarium stuff breh

you got a tank?
yea fam. How long you been going at it? 5 gallon is way too small by the way. Did you cycle your tank before you added the fish? (probably not cause your 30 broke right)

Also your plants aint gonna survive with that light set up and i dont see a CO2 pump for them to feed. Are the plants for decoration or are you really trying to grow them?

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
yea fam. How long you been going at it? 5 gallon is way too small by the way. Did you cycle your tank before you added the fish? (probably not cause your 30 broke right)

Also your plants aint gonna survive with that light set up and i dont see a CO2 pump for them to feed. Are the plants for decoration or are you really trying to grow them?
I've had my 30 gallon for 2 months, but my friend set everything up for me so I just vacuumed the gravel, fed em and did the weekly water changes.

Copped this mini one myself to learn aquarium stuff properly.

I transplanted enough gravel and rocks for substrate, dosed the ammonia properly and stuck the old filters in my new pump. Being that this is only 5g it only took 2 weeks to cycle.

The plants are mostly decoration, if not a place for the shrimp to chill and feed. I definitely want to get a planted tank going but I'm leaving that for the 30g.

I don't think I need a co2 pump, cuz I've only got one clump of dwarf baby tears, a moss ball and some dwarf hairgrass. I think my air pump lets just enough co2 diffuse into the water, who knows. The light system is shyt, I know hehe. It's two usb leds and a 12 watt led lamp. The plants are growing though so I'm satisfied. I shall be adding to and modifying as I continue. Just got hid of a tonne of hydra:scust:
It's my test tank after all.

What's your set up breh?

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
I've had my 30 gallon for 2 months, but my friend set everything up for me so I just vacuumed the gravel, fed em and did the weekly water changes.

Copped this mini one myself to learn aquarium stuff properly.

I transplanted enough gravel and rocks for substrate, dosed the ammonia properly and stuck the old filters in my new pump. Being that this is only 5g it only took 2 weeks to cycle.

The plants are mostly decoration, if not a place for the shrimp to chill and feed. I definitely want to get a planted tank going but I'm leaving that for the 30g.

I don't think I need a co2 pump, cuz I've only got one clump of dwarf baby tears, a moss ball and some dwarf hairgrass. I think my air pump lets just enough co2 diffuse into the water, who knows. The light system is shyt, I know hehe. It's two usb leds and a 12 watt led lamp. The plants are growing though so I'm satisfied. I shall be adding to and modifying as I continue. Just got hid of a tonne of hydra:scust:
It's my test tank after all.

What's your set up breh?
Sounds good bro. 5g is a bytch only because you have to consistently check the water levels. You dont necessarily need a CO2 pump but if you do get into a pure plant tank then i would highly suggest it. It makes life easier. Did you find the source of the hydra (that sucks fam).

I toned down a lot, and im into turtle aquariums now (got a painted turtle). Right now my only fish tank is a 6g Fluval edge. Real nice looking set up (look them up), and i got a single goldfish in it (probably wont be in there for long because of his nitrogen load). My tank looks something like these setups:

fluval-edge.jpg

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I become wealthy, a nice fish tank is the first "disposable income" item I'm going to buy.

So relaxing and colorful. I'll have no problem paying someone to clean it too.

A couple more years...