The Majority Of African Americans Are Descended From - Igbo/Yoruba Tribes

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I hate the facts that Africans don't believe in writing history down.

I look at my family like:why: when they tell me to ask the grandparents to explain exactly how I'm related to one of my cousins, " You mean you don't know how we're related, once the grandparents die nobody will know?"
They do believe in writing but they understand text can be destroyed as we have seen for many many years.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I see what you did right there :russ:

I actually made a post on this topic months ago. The Olmec heads you saw were left here during the time of King Solomon when he had the his men and the Canaanites under their king, Huram come here to get resources and exotic animals to beautify his home and the temple. The trip was 3 year round trip. Solomon had all wisdom and knew about this side of the world. He was truly the first explorer of the New World. When they got over to this side of the world King Huram simply had them leave carved heads of himself. That is why all the heads look the same. The people that were later called the Phoenicians were the Canaanites before the so-called white man white washed them and started calling them Phoenicians.

I believe that Yorubas are among many difference tribes that in ancient world would be referred to as Phoenicians/Canaanites. The Canaanites were instrumental in trade between the Middle East, North Africa and southern Europe in the ancient world before Esau push them and Israelites out of the land into what us know called Africa. They were lived next to the Israelites and they always did business with each other. Even though the Canannites were not Hebrew, they spoke Hebrew because they lived by the Israelites. That is why if you look up the Paleo-Hebrew and the Phoenician alphabet, its the same.

Canaanites were descendants of Ham. They were what you call Africans but not Negroes. Before Pan-Africanism, Igbos were only referred to as Negroes and not African. This is well documented with all other groups traded out of Africa. Esau in all his old writings were to the people he traded with as Africans and the slaves as Negroes...showing that even he knew that they were not the same people. Some of this may go over your head because terms created by Esau are meant to mask the true identity of people.

If you look at the timeline of Solomon's reign and the Olmec period, they overlap. Esau always uses broad estimates, but that civilization was nothing more than temporary spot to get good and leave...which is why it did not continue. Contrary to what you have been taught, the natives later came to the Americas back around 700 BC to actually live here after leaving the Middle East. All the lies that the native were here 10s of thousands of years ago is designed to change the times to throw off the Truth. Even the khazars know this along which that demon Columbus. That is why it is in their dictionary. The natives knew about this land because it was passed down to their elders from Solomon when they left the Middle East to get here. But they teach you the Bering Straight lie instead.
Facts on Facts on Facts on Facts. Finally, a smart negro on thecoli. We need you back brotha.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Cool. My dad's father was born before Nigeria was created and he was known as very traditional man. Even when the Biafran War happened, he did not send my dad because he was only 18, his dad sent my older uncle though. The reason was because my dad was not 20 yet. It was not until I realized that I was Israelite, I realized that in the law a man cannot go to war until he was 20 years old. Its like he was keeping many laws and customs of the Israelites while forgetting that they were the Israelites. So, you never know with your own people. Meanwhile, those khazars in the land of Israel have 18 as the age for military service. Just shows more and more that those rats are not the real Jews.
They know their god, it ain't our God.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Senegambia

Click here to view the original image of 600x600px.
KRSt5.jpg

Afram

Click here to view the original image of 724x543px.
b28Nw.jpg

Click here to view the original image of 600x400px.
Most of these folks don't really look AA but this dude from Senegal and MJ looks like a doppelganger

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
A few yrs a ago my mom and I were discussing the slave trade and she mentioned a man from igboland who was notorious for kidnapping people from other villages and selling them to the British back in the the day. She said he even kidnapped some people from our village. Keep in mind this story was passed down to my mother for generations so I do not know how accurate it is.

She claimed a curse was placed on him and his family and this is why other Igbos were forbidden from marrying from that village. When my mom returns from Nigeria I am gonna have to ask her about the name of the man and the village he was from.
Likely Aros but they are banned because they stopped obeying their shrine.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spot on.

Sahelian West Africans are clearly the most obvious groups that African Americans are descended from. From Kunta Kinte to rice to cotton crops to the Blues to Islam in the USA; it is obvious that African Americans are largely descended from the ethnic groups in that region.

The high Ivory Coast/Ghana test scores on the Ancestry DNA testing is no surprise when it comes to African Americans, because the English leaned heavily on getting people from the "Rice Coast", which are the areas largely from modern day Senegal to Liberia. Many people from the Rice Coast were taken largely to the USA states of Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. The people were shipped largely from Bunce Island in Sierra Leone and Goree Island in Senegal.

Fwiw, AncestryDNA.com doesn't test for Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Burkina Faso, Mauritania or Guinea-Bissau so Ivory Coast/Ghana, Senegal, Mali and Togo/Benin acts as a proxy in those tests for many Sahelian groups. The interesting part is that a lot of African Americans ancestors ended up in slavery due in large part to the decline of the Kingdom of Mali. After that decline many Mande groups moved West into countries like Sierra Leone and Liberia in something called the Mane Invasion (Mande Invasion). A couple of centuries later it was those Mande people that English coveted and paid a high price for, because those groups were highly skilled in the growing of many crops; in handling livestock and in the trades. Of course later on the English found out that those people were highly skilled in music and in the other arts, which is how the banjo, blues and gospel music got to the USA; as well as dishes like jambalya, hopping john, etc., which are offshoots of Jollof Rice.

It didn't seem to matter to the English that most of war prisoners that they purchased to slaves (Mandingos, Mende, etc.) were heavily Muslim; which so many people from that area ended up in the USA and in Anglo Caribbean controlled Islands rather than in Spanish and Portuguese controlled regions.

Incredibly interesting region.

http://www.webmande.net/bibliotheque/massing/mane_mali_decline_mandinka_expansion.pdf
The Gullah: Rice, Slavery, and the Sierra Leone-American Connection | The Gilder Lehrman Center for the Study of Slavery, Resistance, and Abolition

578937.jpg

Also the Fulani jihads and their general fukkery really put that region in turmoil.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Most of these folks don't really look AA but this dude from Senegal and MJ looks like a doppelganger

....I posted those examples to show that you can find Aframs who look like changed up/modified versions of all/any type of Upper West, Lower West and South West African; hence, some Aframs look Igboish, some Ghanianish while others can look more Senegambian.

What about in South Carolina? Where might they all have been

MFOPfBh.jpg

MRmN9C6.jpg

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
“Those from the Bight of Benin and Bight of Biafra... possessing an alarming penchant for suicide”:ohhh:.

What’s the story there? Was it culture or a belief system (or lack thereof) that brought this on?:jbhmm:

Dr. Anderson always said that black people in America were the willingest asses(In a donkey sense, not anatomically), and that this is why slavery and Jim Crow went on so long. Based on Columbus and Priest DeLaCasas’ claims on black endurance in comparison to American natives, I thought it was a genetic thing, but now I’m not convinced.

Based on the proximity of the African groups on your post, and the unique “penchant for suicide” among some of them, do you think the willingness of American blacks to endure hardship is behavioral instead?:feedme:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
....I posted those examples to show that you can find Aframs who look like changed up/modified versions of all/any type of Upper West, Lower West and South West African; hence, some Aframs look Igboish, some Ghanianish while others can look more Senegambian.

MFOPfBh.jpg

MRmN9C6.jpg
I wanna post a picture of my great grandmother and see if we could link features in anyway possible

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
“Those from the Bight of Benin and Bight of Biafra... possessing an alarming penchant for suicide”:ohhh:.

What’s the story there? Was it culture or a belief system (or lack thereof) that brought this on?:jbhmm:

you're gonna have to ask Igbos about that...I did come across this though

xW3kcO6.jpg

zbli9Ra.jpg

Dr. Anderson always said that black people in America were the willingest asses(In a donkey sense, not anatomically), and that this is why slavery and Jim Crow went on so long. Based on Columbus and Priest DeLaCasas’ claims on black endurance in comparison to American natives, I thought it was a genetic thing, but now I’m not convinced.

that was part genetic and also being in foreign lands

Based on the proximity of the African groups on your post, and the unique “penchant for suicide” among some of them, do you think the willingness of American blacks to endure hardship is behavioral instead?:feedme:

willingness to endure hardship isn't how I would describe the situation:mjtf:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps

Dr. Anderson needs to stick to economics. That entire stance is asinine and ahistorical. There is NO evidence of some kind of unique and inherent pathological disadvantage within African Americans based on our genetics.

Research the various revolts and acts of resistance not just in the United States but in the entire diaspora and you will find proper representation from every ethnic group who were victims of the slave trade, there is no exception.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Dr. Anderson needs to stick to economics. That entire stance is asinine and ahistorical. There is NO evidence of some kind of unique and inherent pathological disadvantage within African Americans based on our genetics.

Research the various revolts and acts of resistance not just in the United States but in the entire diaspora and you will find proper representation from every ethnic group who were victims of the slave trade, there is no exception.
I agree with Dr. Anderson and disagree.

His field of expertise is economics even if he has a decent base of African American history as a base which I will admit to. That said, he's right about AAs having an inherent disadvantage even if it's not pathological. When you have been stripped of your tribal identity and forced to integrate into another's (white ethnic groups), it will cause you to fight a war on two fronts. That is a personal and external one. That completely puts you at a disadvantage even someone who's half like me who's at a disadvantage to someone who's full. As Non-whites, we all are fighting a war against the white supremacists and white people but when fighting an internal war within yourself, that's the most vicious war there is. It's constant and it's one where you do not always see the enemy. AA's deal with that as does many Blacks across the western hemisphere aka the Americas. Even I had to fight my own inter issues dealing with my relationship with culture, identity, and legacy.

You can do as much research as you want but if you noticed, all of them were based in identity understanding to come together against the enemy. It was the Haitians and their African history for Denmark Vesey. It was the Igbos and their warrior culture for Nat Turner. It was always based in awareness. The white supremacists knew that and that's why they fight tirelessly to make AAs self-hatred, stupid as shyt, and lacking all understanding of who we really are. shyt, even those DeSean Jackson missed the point to a degree, he was on the right topic and that scared the shyt out of the white supremacists.

It's one thing for you dusty coli nikkas to do it, but one of our bucks, hell naw from the mbakaras

Ezigbo Nwanyi

From the East
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Home of Dr. Michael Okpara & GeneralAguiyi-Ironsi

I'm going to answer this purely based on what I know and what I was told. In igbo culture there is a strong belief in reincarnation, despite the ushering in of white-washed Christianity. From the day I was born and from a young age I was told in my past life I was my father's mother who died when he was 16 due to being poisoned. There are what Americans call "mediums" in every village that when a baby is born are able to tell who you "were". Every milestone of my life, my mother who was told stories from my father about his mom, will smile and say my late father told her that when his mom was alive she always said in her "next life" she will marry a man from Anambra and he will be rich. My grandmother was never formally educated so she also mentioned how she will go to school and rank 1st in academics and will obtain every degree she desires and be among the highest of her peers.

A few months ago, my husband and I finished our traditional wedding ceremony in Nigeria that involved the bride price and bringing together both of our villages. The first thing my father's family and kindred said during the opening statements is that they remembered that in my "first life" I said when I come back I will marry a man from this place, and look at us today. This was my first time ever hearing this.

Same thing for when I graduated. My mom then mentioned that my dad told me his mother would do all of this when he was a young boy, because she was not allowed to be formally educated. I stand today 3 degrees later, with a biology, medical, and law degree.

In summary, suicide in traditional igbo culture is not frown upon, because of the belief in reincarnation. If you die in honor then when you "come back" your prophesies will be fulfilled. When I read about Igbo Landing in Georgia, it mentioned that those who drown themselves were heard speaking in igbo prophesying what they will be when they come back and returning back to their homeland. When Christianity was brought to igboland that was when the idea of suicide was stigmatized that if committed you will be condemned to hell. Early missionaries saw the idea of suicide as weapon, especially if someone felt that they have nothing to lose and will die for a cause because they can come back (reincarnation), this was of resistance to them that can hinder their cause, hence when the success of Christianity spreading in the land a lot of these things are not talked about or stated privately.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Agree.
I'm gonna need proof that he said/wrote such a comment and in what possible context. The rebellions that took place in the U.S. are documented. Certainly hundreds of others were not documented, and that doesn't include the countless other methods of resistance like poisoning whites,escaping-and returning to help others flee, etc.

Have to give Dr. Anderson the benefit of the doubt that somebody saw a 2 minute youtube video and misinterpreted what he said.

If he did say it to make some sort of point, like a minister would do, he exercised poor judgement.
I agree with Dr. Anderson and disagree.

His field of expertise is economics even if he has a decent base of African American history as a base which I will admit to. That said, he's right about AAs having an inherent disadvantage even if it's not pathological.

He's 100% wrong, documented history says different than whatever false point he was trying to make.

https://www.thecoli.com/posts/36055130/

It's completely disrespectful to use the terms "willing" or "choice" when discussing the lives of enslaved people. From the comfort and safety of the 21st century, people will fix their face to say/write stuff that is historically inaccurate and disrespects their direct ancestors.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to answer this purely based on what I know and what I was told. In igbo culture their a strong belief in reincarnation, despite the ushering in of white-washed Christianity. From the day I was born and from a young age I was told in my past life I was my father's mother who died when he was 16 due to being poisoned. There are what Americans call "mediums" in every village that when a baby is born are able to tell who you "were". Every milestone of my life, my mother who was told stories from my father about his mom, will smile and say my late father told her that when his mom was alive she always said in her "next life" she will marry a man from Anambra and he will be rich. My grandmother was never formally educated so she also mentioned how she will go to school and rank 1st in academics and will obtain every degree she desires and be among the highest of her peers.

A few months ago, my husband and I finished our traditional wedding ceremony in Nigeria that involved the bride price and bringing together both of our villages. The first thing my father's family and kindred said during the opening statements is that they remembered that in my "first life" I said when I come back I will marry a man from this place, and look at us today. This was my first time ever hearing this.

Same thing for when I graduated. My mom then mentioned that my dad told me his mother would do all of this when he was a young boy, because she was not allowed to be formally educated. I stand today 3 degrees later, with a biology, medical, and law degree.

In summary, suicide in traditional igbo culture is not frown upon, because of the belief in reincarnation. If you die in honor then when you "come back" your prophesies will be fulfilled. When I read about Igbo Landing in Georgia, it mentioned that those who drown themselves were heard speaking in igbo prophesying what they will be when they come back and returning back to their homeland. When Christianity was brought to igboland that was when the idea of suicide was stigmatized that if committed you will be condemned to hell. Early missionaries saw the idea of suicide as weapon, especially if someone felt that they have nothing to lose and will die for a cause because they can come back (reincarnation), that this resistance can hinder their cause.
:ohhh:. Fascinating stuff. Thanks for the in-depth explanation. There's a lot I was unaware of in there.:whew:

Its very understandable that slavers would promote the suicide-to-hell connection to ensure the longevity of their workforce.

In fact, I'm suprised that the longstanding belief in reincarnation can exist in tandem with Christianity after all these years:ehh:. As a follow up question, is the reincarnation strictly familial (like in your case), or is it society wide?