Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
they really believe there's no parallels, while they mock and scoff at the idea of entertaining a shorter dude. shyt is crazy to me, they don't know how hypocritical they sound. like you said, colorism is something both genders have to deal with--but where's all that intersectionality bs when it comes to short, dark skinned bm?
Sorry to say this but women don't care and most never will.

They ain't gonna sympathize with men who are short.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
I'm short so I don't care. Although some guy on my Facebook said he was 5'3 and asked if I would talk to him if he would approach me. I told him to stand on something first. At least create the illusion you know?
Not even being funny but this honestly real talk...I spoke about "illusions" before. That's what we are getting first hand anyway. Make sure your illusion is on point and sometimes you can upkeep it. But find out what works for you. Play it up.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
He should. Because she damn sure cares that he's shorter.
well the women he can choose from will be a lot smaller (given that he's in actuality 5'2) either that or date outside his race like Asian women who are typically on the short end.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
Either embrace and flaunt your "flaws" or conceal them to the best of your ability. But don't feel shytty over it.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Either embrace and flaunt your "flaws" or conceal them to the best of your ability. But don't feel shytty over it.
You gotta work on yourself and stay away from media platforms that perpetuate certain beauty standards.. especially ones that you don't fit.

I used to obsess over my looks in high school about my junior year. Would look in the mirror a lot, get haircuts once a month, got that s curl shyt for about 6 months.

This is why a lot of girls and women are insecure about their looks. They constantly bombard themselves with things that perpetuate a certain standard of beauty that they most likely don't fit. And even if they did, there's always gonna be someone else better looking that they will wish they looked like, or even the fact taht they obsess over their looks so much.. seeing "flaws" is bound to come.

There was a time where I didn't watch any tv shows, movies, stopped listening to certain music etc and all that programming slowly went away.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
2r2ab9h.jpg

Who makes these :pachaha: 7 on up.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
To the freezer for ice cream, to my room, to the backyard while I eat the ice cream, back to the kitchen, to my room, twerk for like 30 minutes on my bed.

That's a normal day.
twerk for 30 mins on your bed? LOL :russ:

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
You gotta work on yourself and stay away from media platforms that perpetuate certain beauty standards.. especially ones that you don't fit.

I used to obsess over my looks in high school about my junior year. Would look in the mirror a lot, get haircuts once a month, got that s curl shyt for about 6 months.

This is why a lot of girls and women are insecure about their looks. They constantly bombard themselves with things that perpetuate a certain standard of beauty that they most likely don't fit. And even if they did, there's always gonna be someone else better looking that they will wish they looked like, or even the fact taht they obsess over their looks so much.. seeing "flaws" is bound to come.

There was a time where I didn't watch any tv shows, movies, stopped listening to certain music etc and all that programming slowly went away.
I totally agree. That's why I don't compare myself to anyone else. I see people similar but still see myself differently.