Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont have issues with math.

Its just that its boring so I have to fight sleep and try to stay awake enough to pay attention to the teach. :russell:
You're trippin! I love math. Especially when you work through a problem, check the answer and it's right!! :blessed: I didn't go past Calc II though. I kind of wish I would have.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
You're trippin! I love math. Especially when you work through a problem, check the answer and it's right!! :blessed: I didn't go past Calc II though. I kind of wish I would have.
I'm envious lol. I think that's like one of the things besides money (power) that I would/can be envious over. Someone loving and understanding math thoroughly. I just can't. How do you love math???? My mom is just like you. But she's terrible with English. She needs me to help her with that.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm envious lol. I think that's like one of the things besides money (power) that I would/can be envious over. Someone loving and understanding math thoroughly. I just can't. How do you love math???? My mom is just like you. But she's terrible with English. She needs me to help her with that.

I'm not even sure how, i just know that I do. I did struggle with Calculus but when I finally landed a good professor, she broke it down in a way that made me understand it. She used real life examples too...I remember us doing a problem about a clothes dryer or something. Most of the teachers I enjoyed related it to real life, which made it easier to understand. I also like math because not matter HOW you get to it, there is only one right answer (in most cases). I struggle with English as well...grammar, punctuation and all that shyt. My English grades were very remedial. Like you can write a good ass paper, with great ideas and supporting arguments but fail like shyt if you miss commas and shyt like that. WHATEVER!

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
My brother is amazing at math but from middle school he struggled with English. His grades were always subpar and when he had papers to write, I had to come in and correct the grammatical errors or make it more coherent.

Even now, my oldest daughter is great at math and science but struggles with English.

I guess its not meant for some to fully excel in both areas.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
I'm not even sure how, i just know that I do. I did struggle with Calculus but when I finally landed a good professor, she broke it down in a way that made me understand it. She used real life examples too...I remember us doing a problem about a clothes dryer or something. Most of the teachers I enjoyed related it to real life, which made it easier to understand. I also like math because not matter HOW you get to it, there is only one right answer (in most cases). I struggle with English as well...grammar, punctuation and all that shyt. My English grades were very remedial. Like you can write a good ass paper, with great ideas and supporting arguments but fail like shyt if you miss commas and shyt like that. WHATEVER!

That's very true. I took a few creative writing/literature classes. I love idea of developing complex characters and putting them into the most dysfunctional atmospheres and creating dialogue (I write screenplays as well). I can't get creative with math. That one answer point that you made is exactly why I dislike it. :mjlol: It's black and white (You get it right or it's wrong). That makes me uncomfortable. I wish I were one of those people who excelled in English and Math and enjoy both but those type of people are typically "off," so maybe I should be grateful.:mjcry: