Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My cousin's homeboy is talking about buying a crib. He's 31, single with no wife or kids. His logic is that he's tired of paying rent and he feels he needs to own something. Fair enough :ehh: But then he says how he looks on facebook :snoop: and sees people buying homes and fronting like they're living the "good life" so he needs to get on his grind. In the mean time, he doesn't even have a savings account, he's in crazy debt basically living paycheck to paycheck :noah:and he's always broke :sadcam: Nor is he looking for any jobs to improve his income because he's content being at his current job where he can sit around playing games on his phone all day :beli: Yet he wants to live in some fancy modern house with all the top amenities .

Maybe I'm being too critical but I think it's all kinda backwards :aicmon:

America in a nutshell.

:yeshrug:

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
As much as I dislike being someone else's houseguest, it would be smart to stay at my girls uncles place until I can't stand it anymore in order to save money.

Hell, them Mexicans will have 7 people in an apartment to stack bread. Why not? :yeshrug:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Got an interview for another job next week. It's actually the same job I have now, just on another floor of the building.

To keep it short, I'm currently OPS and the job I'm interviewing for is full time with a small pay increase.

Really hope I get this job fam. Not just for the pay increase :krs: but because I can finally start getting annual leave and paid holidays:wow:

When you OPS, if you miss a day, you either make the hours up by working longer days or just not get paid at all:damn:

That might not be so bad at the beginning or middle of the year but towards the end with all these holidays, that's a lot of missed days and lot of hours to make up.

Have faith in me coli fam :mjcry:

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got an interview for another job next week. It's actually the same job I have now, just on another floor of the building.

To keep it short, I'm currently OPS and the job I'm interviewing for is full time with a small pay increase.

Really hope I get this job fam. Not just for the pay increase :krs: but because I can finally start getting annual leave and paid holidays:wow:

When you OPS, if you miss a day, you either make the hours up by working longer days or just not get paid at all:damn:

That might not be so bad at the beginning or middle of the year but towards the end with all these holidays, that's a lot of missed days and lot of hours to make up.

Have faith in me coli fam :mjcry:
I hated being a contractor because of that reason. But I learned to budget things like that. Put 1 day's worth of pay to the side every pay check. Once I had money to cover being out I stopped giving a damn and just took off when I needed to.