Dear Coli Diary,

Being maybe a little bit bedridden for months is the worst

Forget riches, never underestimate the importance of an good health

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
It's funny how unknowingly racist black people are to each other. I qoute Shakespeare, Morrissey, Poe, Frost, Dalai Llama, Einstein, Kennedy, X, and a gang of other great men I've read about my whole. People assume I'm quoting a rapper. I love rap. I look and speak the part because I have no shame in my game, but hip-hop has never been about ignorance. It's been about expanding horizons and upliftment.

Without Pac I wouldn't have gotten into poetry. I read Tupac before I heard him. The Rose That Grew From Concrete is one of my earliest memories in my life. I remember the visual the words gave me. I remember examining his handwriting because he wrote in a way unlike anyone I've read in 27 years on this planet.

He had his own grammar system. He wrote in the cadence he'd perform the piece. I remember reading it and hearing the rhythm he wrote it too. I swear to God I was alive after that. Colors were brighter and I was excited.

Also if you haven't rapped STFU. It is an art from and all rappers are using a system and structure to deliver their piece. Just because you don't understand the craft of poetry and storytelling doesn't mean it isn't a meaningful art form.

I've won awards for public speaking, I've done some theatre, and I've always been a leader in the classroom or at work. I wouldn't be me without reading that poem.