Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Insecurity is a crazy thing. I spent two hours sitting at a party, in a dress, afraid to move, ankles crossed, fearing everyone could see the flab of my inner thighs only to be tagged in picture and it not even look that bad. :russ:
:feedme:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
:mjcry:@Y2Dre Out here beefing my Black Uk mandem on Twitter

I see your point tho. AAs have a much stronger attachment to the USA than we do.

Both my parents were immigrants so obviously Im going to be less attached.
his points are poorly developed and lifted from the coli.
also im pretty sure he got banned for calling people ******
#AAGANG needs to figure what black is because their definitions keep changing
yelling at people that theyre black :hula:only black americans are black
which is it?

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
his points are poorly developed and lifted from the coli.
also im pretty sure he got banned for calling people ******
#AAGANG needs to figure what black is because their definitions keep changing
which is it?

I agree with his original rebuttal but now hes saying that us Uk Afro/Caribs dont identify as Black but only by nationality.

AAs have every right to be proud about America regardless of the government treatment.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I agree with his original rebuttal but now hes saying that us Uk Afro/Caribs dont identify as Black but only by nationality.

AAs have every right to be proud about America regardless of the government treatment.
thats not true. don't yall fill in Black on yall censuses?
My criticism of #AAGANG is they cant decide what they want to consider black AND they dont like when people challenge their definitions on blackness

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
thats not true. don't yall fill in Black on yall censuses?
My criticism of #AAGANG is they cant decide what they want to consider black AND they dont like when people challenge their definitions on blackness

Breh on my life,Ive never heard any Black person not identify as Black. I and every other Black person will put “Black British” on the census.

Its only once I came on here I started hearing that we aren’t Black and only AAs are Black. Does Black and White only exist in America or??

I can see why you were pissed at my comments about Jamaicans cos on here its a AA gang vs Jamaican beef.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Leaves finally changing colors. Trying to head to the mall to see about the Mets jacket and get my ass back home.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Breh on my life,Ive never heard any Black person not identify as Black. I and every other Black person will put “Black British” on the census.

Its only once I came on here I started hearing that we aren’t Black and only AAs are Black. Does Black and White only exist in America or??

I can see why you were pissed at my comments about Jamaicans cos on here its a AA gang vs Jamaican beef.
i think the attitudes comes from black Americans being native to a place where they were always marginalized based on color and the minority whereas elsewhere in the diaspora, blacks were the majority. Also, we as Americans tend to have a paternalistic view of other countries where we don't value their ideas, values, cultures as highly as what is produced here. And alot of black Americans think because they are black they don't have this view yet many do

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
I really hope the man I make my life partner has a large loving family that has genuine family gatherings and actually cares for each other.

Would love to know what that really feels like

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
which is it?

What if I told you one word can have multiple meanings depending on the context :ohhh:

Terrible critique :mjlol:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
not at all.

this is what your boy is arguing. you agree?

@Y2Dre

Some use Black as an ethnic label exclusive, some use it as a racial label exclusively, some use it as both depending on context....the elasticity of semantics :yeshrug: