Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Got a whatsapp group with like 14 of my friends from bschool, this shyt is awesome lol. Not a day goes by where I'm not :deadrose: at soemthing someone brought up...technology stay fukking up the game, but every now and then there's soemthing that actually helps

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"Minimum of 3+ years of previous administrative and bookkeeping experience required for consideration."

Base Pay:$12.00 /Hour

entry level job = min 3+ years of experience

12 an hour :laff:

this the shyt I'm dealing with right now brehs, this post-grad job hunt is fukking dumb as fukk
It's insane. I'm looking to make a career switch and I've seen multiple entry-level job postings that require 2 or 3 years of experience.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
lana-del-rey-plastic-surgery.jpg

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
I just woke up with an AL-LAD tab under my tongue after watching some David Icke video; this was three hours a go so I just swallow the tab and decide to just swallow another. :yeshrug:

Esco

Rich & Black
Daps
Marathon life, it's all about the pace
Lot of nikkas running sprints, but they never win the race

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Quit my job I just started last week.

Thought it was gonna be more hands on work...but it involved fukking canvassing for fundraising for the a Southern Poverty Law Center. And we were going out in the street trying to get support for LGBT rights.

Real talk...just the stigma behind anything gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, makes people not want to support it. Just felt uncomfortable even trying to say "we're supporting gay rights today can you help?" even though I have nothing against lgbt people in general.

Aside from that, the fact that we were out in frigid ass weather trying to raise funds for the splc was just the worst. Trying to get people to sign up for a civil rights organization, sadly I noticed the same racism, hate, and discrimination we were trying to fight present working there for the short duration I was there. Especially being black and male. No one wants to talk to black people out on the streets raising funds...no one. People always want to talk to white people doing this...even black people. I noticed it all the time working this job. I got so discouraged thinking this job would be more than it was its just really messed with me. I'm never working in the non profit sector ever again, the sh!t is depressing.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
VOID
To be honest I'm just hoping something pops off with my music and djing career. I really don't even see myself getting my foot in the door in corporate America ever and I've made more than enough connections with club owners and producers and djs and creative people just by hanging out and going to parties here in nyc than I've made in the workforce/job world in general period and that says alot.

I'd rather do that cause that something I love and I'm actually good at. I just feel so unnatural working these jobby jobs...like I know it's not for me I'm just about the money.

The Coli doesn't get it...they all drones that never considered a life outside of working for someone.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Had a crazy Friday night...just recovered from it today.

Went out to Gotham on myrtle...shYt was cool. My boy tells me about a party on Morgan ave.

I drive up there...full on loft party/warehouse style rave up in that bytch with three djs.
Techno blasting....crazy visuals being projected on the walls....reminded me of some art institute style parties the kids used to throw back when I was 18 in 2002.
Ended up talking to mad people. Met so many people there...including a studio engineer who I traded info with.
Did so much molly...
I ended up giving a friend of mine some acid that my other friend gave me that I didn't touch.
Went to an after hours at a friends place..that said friend was djing at...As well as some other people.
Met this cool asian chick who wanted to be a professional R&B singer...I told her about my music. Traded more info and contacts.
Didn't leave that place til almost 9 in the morning.

I love new york!