Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
-I got $2500 back in taxes. I put $1500 on my credit card. $500 in savings $250 to my mom and the other $250 towards my daughter's birthday fund. Another reason I need to be debt free, that $1500 could have been mine :to:

-I've been putting like $200 per pay into savings and it's really worked out well. A lot of little bs that I wouldn't have been able to budget for and it was good having that back up.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the only few minority sons at my job went out like this. "Good Luck" :lupe:

Looking back at the last 5+ years, it has been an amazing journey and I leave with incredible hope for how you will continue to make this place amazing. As I look back on my time with the company there are a few thoughts I would like to leave you all with…

It is easy to get distracted. Be humble and honest about the fact that more is left to do than has already been done. Keep moving quickly and don’t get bogged down in the things that don’t matter.

There is more valor in failure than success. Success is hard to define and hard to isolate root causes when it happens. It is rare to learn much of anything from success except to bring together luck and skill, but you learn tons in failure. Take enough risks that you continue to fail… and celebrate those so that it becomes the battle scars you talk about when you do eventually succeed.

I’ve really enjoyed my time here and feel blessed to have worked with each of you. Thanks again for the chance to always say what’s on my mind. It is a rare place that allows everyone to do that and our culture speaks to the values of risk taking, openness and transparency.

Good luck.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What career do you want to change to?
Something in the legal/government or nonprofit field so I can get another feel for that type of work before I (hopefully) start law school.

I used to have a job like that with a social justice nonprofit and I quit to work in the education field.

At this point I would take almost anything where I don't have to deal with the attitudes and hormones of teenagers.