Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I haven't been very consistent with my meditations the past week or so and I could feel myself unraveling. I had become anxious, I started worrying again, had difficulty thinking of the right words. So I did a 30 minute mediation last night and I feel so much better already.

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
:why: None of these jobs hitting a breh up. I need to get the hell up outta here. The head of our division is coming down to hold her monthly town hall in our office, I ain't got time to hear her lies :beli:

What do she lie about?
About how the company has big plans, big rewards, better incentives? :patrice:

I see this a game all these fukking corporations spit

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
What do she lie about?
About how the company has big plans, big rewards, better incentives? :patrice:

I see this a game all these fukking corporations spit
More on these changes thats happening around are business, how this new middle
Office is good for the business, how there will be more opportunities to grow professionally, how it won't result in job losses...All LIES lol. I'm just trying to get out now and cash out my unused vacation days.

• Dap
Reactions: I'z

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Took that LSAT last Saturday. It's not joke. I was in there sweating and everything :whew:

The weird part is I actually enjoyed studying for it. Felt like I had a real purpose and it distracted me from the bleakness of working with teenagers for pennies.

Let's just hope I did well enough to get into a decent law school because I can't stay in this field for much longer.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I didn't really bother to make New Year's resolutions, but I swear this year I will become more active in dispelling the myth that Big Sean is anything other than utter trash. Every fukking song of his, or collab where he starts, I try to listen and get irritated at myself for wasting my fukking time. GAHbij!

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Also, anybody have any insight on making a career change?

This is advice and insight from somebody currently attempting and failing miserably lol

PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. Make networking connections in your current field and new prospective field, never know how long it'll take you to transition and get into that new career fully. I'm trying to go from entertainment/TV to the sports industry (specifically sales/marketing) and it hasn't gone well for me so far. I figured the transition would be easy, but nahhh. I've had interviews, talked with folks, tried to tap into my network but no luck so far. Now I'm at the point where i have to refocus the goal and find a short term (9 mo-2 yr, or longer) position that can easily launch me into a place I want to be.

Outside of the disappointment of not having steady work and relying on side hustles, it's been a great learning experience and a test of my will and fortitude. In hindsight, I haven't made the leap because of piss poor planning and my optimistic mindset. You gotta be real with yourself and slightly pessimistic, so you can make the changes.

People will question you on the change, but when you're interviewing or conversing, really emphasize how your previous career will make your transition seamless into the new career.

I'm 24 so I ain't old or young for that matter, but I'm really looking for my career path to eventually launch me to be on my Spook Who Sat By The Door shyt

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, I know this should be the least of my worries, but I saw a girl I was talking to for a second and I told her I liked her and such and gave me the cold shoulder.

It just sucks major when you like someone and it doesn't workout how you wanted it to