“The little smile you give white people to let them know you nice and not gang affiliated.” Do black people really do this?

Are you one of the good ones?

• Yes. I like to let them know I’m not a criminal.

• They can kiss my azz.

• Black power!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I do think Black people do have to do and say certain things to seem less threatening to white people. But no, not that.

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
I used to do this as a teenager. Smile, opening doors, soft voice was all in effort to show im non threatening.I always wanted wyt ppl to know that I was a good negro and im not like the rest of these nikkas. I wanted white acceptance smh. College tho brought me back to reality along with Ras Kass-Nature of the threat which made me read more. Ever since then I couldn't care less what way ppl think or feel

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nobody on the coli is gonna say they do it but it's a real thing to do with some.

Why y'all think Kanye puts on his non-threatening "white" voice when he's in those spaces:

Black peoples (specifically young black males) DEFAULT SETTING to the world is a thug, gangbanger, violent criminal, drugdealer, etc,

This is mainly due to the mainstream propaganda that has been broadcasted on a global scale for generations now.

Some black people REALIZE this and subconsciously or consciously do things to set themselves apart from the negative stereotypes that constantly is projected of black people.

The need for some black people to do this is a result of how DEHUMANIZED the image of black people have become.