The Likelihood That You See People Squatting Three Plates Or More Or Benching Beyond Two Plates At Your Gym…

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Thr gym is in like the weird phase since covid. It's either skinny highschoolers being skinny high schoolers or people that compete. So I can walk in and be the strongest person in the gym or the there's a huddle of old heads benching my max deadlift for reps telling how they used to be a lot stronger. Like my whole age group that lifted all got over the gym got married with kids at the same time :mjcry:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
It's not how many plates,it's what you are doing with the plates.

If I can't lift it ten times without a spotter,I don't lift it.
And I do 10 sets of the heaviest I can do.

So while a person can go in there and throw on 3 plates and maybe give you 10 once,u throw on 2 and a quarter on each side and do 10 sets of 10 and come back and tell me how ya shyt feel the next day (pause)

German volume training.

Non-powerlifting babble.
So you're one of the cats we're in here talmbout? Got it.:unimpressed:

Son Goku

Daps
After 25 years,you accumulate enough lifting injuries to know what works and what doesn't.

I will leave the whole "lift the gym" act to the young boys.

Bet. I’ll let all the powerlifting old heads know you said what’s up.
Gym-Kermit.png

Son Goku

Daps
generally those cats are broken down..
they've been doing for so long its all they know and all they want to do

If those cats are "broken down" then who keeps entering and competing in the masters divisions? :skip:

This is the coli.com and a fitness thread, so I'd expect no less, but anyone who's actually been to a PL meet knows there are plenty of in-shape old heads that still lift heavy. :unimpressed:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
If those cats are "broken down" then who keeps entering and competing in the masters divisions? :skip:

This is the coli.com and a fitness thread, so I'd expect no less, but anyone who's actually been to a PL meet knows there are plenty of in-shape old heads that still lift heavy. :unimpressed:
What's funny is that there is evidence that proves the opposite of what he says but him and others will still repeat that nonsense. It's like they completely forget that weight lifting is an Olympic sport. I'm sure all those past Olympians are "broken down" somewhere saying "if only I didn't lift so much weight" :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

africngiant

All Star
Daps
Nothing makes me smh more than seeing big 6’4 lineman looking cats doing leg press but avoiding squats.

I think a couple months back there was a breh that like 6’3 280 who used bench 3 plates but he could only overhead press 115 :rudy:

Then there’s one breh who benches 3 plates and a 10. But never do anything else.

But everyone else barely hitting a plate. At most 175lbs.

As far as squat there’s only one dude I’ve seen hit over 5 plates and I haven’t seen him in months.

I’ve only seen one dude correctly hit over 3 plates beside the cat who used hit 5 plates.

And like I said, I personally don’t even max anymore. I just lift above average. And workout to exhaustion.
what about with deadlifts? i admittedly don’t squat but im gonna work on it again.

just joined a new gym with my cousin back home.

i hit 465 with no belt but haven’t gone up since and been inconsistent. i could’ve definitely hit 475+ that day but im locked back in to that 500 goal

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Awesome. Once again, the people doing three plates and above are a minority in the average gym. This is not a revelation
Well people like @Scientific Playa maxing out the leg press are :sas2:

For the record I got videos (:dame:) of people 75+ squatting and deadlifting 5 plates with good form.

So no excuses :blessed:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I never said I do 3 plates. Currently I work more than I workout but I can get off this couch cold and push 2 plates.

I don’t think 2 plates puts me in the minority unless you want to count old men and the kids just getting their start :hubie:

But I know how to take a compliment, I’m elite. Thanks :salute:
Can’t use the work excuse. I wake up 4:30am regularly to hit the gym