The Likelihood That You See People Squatting Three Plates Or More Or Benching Beyond Two Plates At Your Gym…

Daps
Back on topic.

In the past decade, I’ve rarely seen anyone hit over 2 plates. And I basically just do 3 or 4 plates.

I rarely max out.

I've been going to the same gym for...like 6-7 years. I've seen guys squatting three plates sparingly. I've seen a guy squatting 4 plates....once. As OP says benching two plates is pretty much the best it gets. Three plates?...I don't recall

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Back on topic.

In the past decade, I’ve rarely seen anyone hit over 2 plates. And I basically just do 3 or 4 plates.

I rarely max out.
I've been going to the same gym for...like 6-7 years. I've seen guys squatting three plates sparingly. I've seen a guy squatting 4 plates....once. As OP says benching two plates is pretty much the best it gets. Three plates?...I don't recall
I'm gonna have to pay attention to what other people are doing this week, cuz this right here is unbelievable :ohhh:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I'm gonna have to pay attention to what other people are doing this week, cuz this right here is unbelievable :ohhh:
Its crazy because gym goers today are so weak collectively.

I’m not even putting up any crazy numbers. Any D1 athlete in their sophomore/ junior year should be able to put up 2 plates bench and 3 plates on squat.

I remember when I was 18, I used to the gym and regularly see cats hitting 2 plates on bench . And I’m talking cats in their 60’s

Daps

I’m not even putting up any crazy numbers. Any D1 athlete in their sophomore/ junior year should be able to put up 2 plates bench and 3 plates on squat.

I remember when I was 18, I used to the gym and regularly see cats hitting 2 plates on bench . And I’m talking cats in their 60’s

But look at what you wrote…you mentioned the average D1 athlete. D1 obviously being a tier below professional. Picture that…so of course the average nikka with a gym membership will fall well below the average D1 expectations

That’s why some of the threads on here are funny. There was one I think shytting on anybody that couldn’t bench 300 lol

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
But look at what you wrote…you mentioned the average D1 athlete. D1 obviously being a tier below professional. Picture that…so of course the average nikka with a gym membership will fall well below the average D1 expectations

That’s why some of the threads on here are funny. There was one I think shytting on anybody that couldn’t bench 300 lol
Breh a lot d1 athletes come in weak as fukk. They have to build up the strength over time.

That’s why I said by their Junior year they should be hitting that.

anyone who consistently trains can hit those metrics as well.

The reason why D1 athletes excel in the gym, is more a testament to them having trainers and nutritionist more so then being left to their own vice and building up superior strength.

What I’m trying say is that it comes down to discipline.

Daps
Breh a lot d1 athletes come in weak as fukk. They have to build up the strength over time.

That’s why I said by their Junior year they should be hitting that.

anyone who consistently trains can hit those metrics as well.

The reason why D1 athletes excel in the gym, is more a testament to them having trainers and nutritionist more so then being left to their own vice and building up superior strength.

What I’m trying say is that it comes down to discipline.

No differently than I told the other guy, this isn't a topic of attainability. This is the reality of the situation. Anything beyond benching two plates puts you in rarified air in the average gym.

Bottom Line

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Back on topic.

I rarely max out.

It must be the gyms y'all go to. :dwillhuh:

Even in a fat, :flabbynsick: red state in a small town I know at least 4 cats benching 315, I got two 4 plate benchers, multiple 6 plate pullers, and it's not uncommon to see a PL breh or creh put up 4 wheels on squats. :manny:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It must be the gyms y'all go to. :dwillhuh:

Even in a fat, :flabbynsick: red state in a small town I know at least 4 cats benching 315, I got two 4 plate benchers, multiple 6 plate pullers, and it's not uncommon to see a PL breh or creh put up 4 wheels on squats. :manny:
Nothing makes me smh more than seeing big 6’4 lineman looking cats doing leg press but avoiding squats.

I think a couple months back there was a breh that like 6’3 280 who used bench 3 plates but he could only overhead press 115 :rudy:

Then there’s one breh who benches 3 plates and a 10. But never do anything else.

But everyone else barely hitting a plate. At most 175lbs.

As far as squat there’s only one dude I’ve seen hit over 5 plates and I haven’t seen him in months.

I’ve only seen one dude correctly hit over 3 plates beside the cat who used hit 5 plates.

And like I said, I personally don’t even max anymore. I just lift above average. And workout to exhaustion.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Nothing makes me smh more than seeing big 6’4 lineman looking cats doing leg press but avoiding squats.

I think a couple months back there was a breh that like 6’3 280 who used bench 3 plates but he could only overhead press 115 :rudy:

Then there’s one breh who benches 3 plates and a 10. But never do anything else.

But everyone else barely hitting a plate. At most 175lbs.

As far as squat there’s only one dude I’ve seen hit over 5 plates and I haven’t seen him in months.

I’ve only seen one dude correctly hit over 3 plates beside the cat who used hit 5 plates.

And like I said, I personally don’t even max anymore. I just lift above average. And workout to exhaustion.

Couldn't be me. We be having lifting comps in the gyms I go to. :blessed:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

They say the levels of testosterone are much lower in people in their 20’s than previous generations in their 20’s. That includes us. My dad got his testosterone checked and he had much higher levels than me and my brother :mjlol:

I think you guys might be right.

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's not how many plates,it's what you are doing with the plates.

If I can't lift it ten times without a spotter,I don't lift it.
And I do 10 sets of the heaviest I can do.

So while a person can go in there and throw on 3 plates and maybe give you 10 once,u throw on 2 and a quarter on each side and do 10 sets of 10 and come back and tell me how ya shyt feel the next day (pause)

German volume training.