The Lighthouse - Robert Eggers (The Witch) with Williem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Two outstanding performances from the actors but honestly...I didn't really like the movie. And I love that artsy horror ish, catch me in the horror thread defending Ari Aster movies to death and gassing stuff like the eyes of my mother.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
tenor.gif

Low key one of my favorite movies ever.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Absolutely fukking loved it. :banderas:

Experience might've been enhanced because I saw this on the big screen in an old stage theater instead of a regular movie theater.

What I absolutely respect here is that Eggers has the balls to let these crazy men go crazy without rhyme or reason. Yes, we hear small bits and pieces of what births their madness but they constantly contradict themselves in drunken stupor, both on purpose and by accident.

Similarly he walks a perfect line between two men going mad on their own and hinting at actual supernatural influences. By the second time the warning about killing a gull is told you know exactly what's next but the scene is so visceral and relentless it still hits you in your stomach.

I haven't seen anyone mention Dafoe's second great scene (the first is the curse for Pattinson not approving of his cooking) and that's him doing that long ass speech while getting piles of dirt thrown on his goddamn face.:wow:

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my own isolation doesn't feel as bad after watching this

like others have noted everything is great as far as technical aspects but the movie itself is not that remarkable otherwise