The Life & Times of CM Punk: The Prodigal Son Has Returned

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
So wait? They're only going to show CM Punk choking Jack Perry and not the footage of Punk "attacking" Tony? We already know what happened between Punk and Perry, we wanna see what Punk did to get fired.I thought that was the point?

Punk said himself there's no NDA involved with what happened with Perry. I would find it very hard to believe there isn't one in place with Snowman. Plus Snowman (thank fukking god) is not a tv character in an angle.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Punk said himself there's no NDA involved with what happened with Perry. I would find it very hard to believe there isn't one in place with Snowman. Plus Snowman (thank fukking god) is not a tv character in an angle.
So what's the point of showing the video? Punk said he put Perry in a headlock. Is this supposed to show Perry didn't say "Do something about it?" Unless there's sound I don't think we'll be able to get that part.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So wait? They're only going to show CM Punk choking Jack Perry and not the footage of Punk "attacking" Tony? We already know what happened between Punk and Perry, we wanna see what Punk did to get fired.I thought that was the point?
We are all struggling to see what's the point of Tony doing this (as in, there's no a lot of possible positive outcomes and bunch of negatives ones).

Supposedly, what Punk said to Helwani is a lie, Khan got pissed and he will show footage that proves Punk wrong? Again, I don't think anyone with a brain sees what's the point of that at this stage of the game but :francis: I guess we'll have to see tomorrow but this feels like the end of the MJF/Cole angle were everyone knew it was going to be terrible and then it happened, and it was as bad as expected :dead:

And the TK "fearing for his life" moment has always felt to me like lawyer talk to justify Punk's firing more than something truly violent happening between the two, so it makes sense that footage will never see air.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Supposedly, what Punk said to Helwani is a lie, Khan got pissed and he will show footage that proves Punk wrong?
What is it going to show that proves Punk wrong? That he chased after Jack Perry and then put him in a headlock? I'm actually trying to understand where Tony is coming from. What does he think is on that tape that Punk hasn't already admitted to? :mjtf:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What is it going to show that proves Punk wrong? That he chased after Jack Perry and then put him in a headlock? I'm actually trying to understand where Tony is coming from. What does he think is on that tape that Punk hasn't already admitted to? :mjtf:
I guess Punk comes off looking like a bytch somehow? Maybe he goes roid rage violent on Perry for no reason, puts him in a chokehold and then Perry gets out of it easily and then it ends with Samoa Joe telling Punk to cut the bullshyt and it all ends like an NBA "hold me back!" fight? :mjlol:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I guess Punk comes off looking like a bytch somehow? Maybe he goes roid rage violent on Perry for no reason, puts him in a chokehold and then Perry gets out of it easily and then it ends with Samoa Joe telling Punk to cut the bullshyt and it all ends like an NBA "hold me back!" fight? :mjlol:
:mjlol:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Interesting the Bucks supposedly said the same thing and they were shyt on for having that opinion, but Punk used that justification to not talk with Colt.

Big difference is that Colt and Punk communicated their issue about the lawyers fees at first, shyt got messy with suing/counter suing and it got settled and then Punk was like Im not fukking with you no more.
Bucks and Punk at least needed to have mediation, and afterwards if they felt it wasnt worth it then move on. The big issue with their beef was clearly a miscommunication issue regarding who leaked what or who requested what which is all internal stuff and not money releated.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Which is kind of what the general story has been. Punk himself admitted he choked him out so I dont know what it proves other than maybe showing he hit him too.
At that point though, it just furthers the idea hes a controversial figure. But if it shows he reversed it then like okay that wasnt that bad and its just AEW fans spendng ages showing he cant do MMA which yeah we know already lol
Im kinda surprised in the dozens of leak stories with different perspectives of what happened, there wasnt a story already that said what really happen.

I just hope for their sake they cleared it to be made publicly with Wembley

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
So what's the point of showing the video?

1) Spite

2)
rick-james.gif

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are all struggling to see what's the point of Tony doing this (as in, there's no a lot of possible positive outcomes and bunch of negatives ones).

Supposedly, what Punk said to Helwani is a lie, Khan got pissed and he will show footage that proves Punk wrong? Again, I don't think anyone with a brain sees what's the point of that at this stage of the game but :francis: I guess we'll have to see tomorrow but this feels like the end of the MJF/Cole angle were everyone knew it was going to be terrible and then it happened, and it was as bad as expected :dead:

And the TK "fearing for his life" moment has always felt to me like lawyer talk to justify Punk's firing more than something truly violent happening between the two, so it makes sense that footage will never see air.
I'm not going to hold my breath - but I do predict the best thing AEW can do from this is move on and act like a serious company. It's like they do the opposite of the best next steps every single time.