The Life & Times of CM Punk: The Prodigal Son Has Returned

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I hope they release the real footage and not some reenactment bullshyt. Also does Tony have the rights to Punks likeness?

Why wouldn't he? Punk was an AEW contracted talent at that time and in his own words there isn't an NDA with what happened with Perry. Would be no different than WWE showing highlights from Reigns career and having Moxley appear there or the Bray Wyatt tributes that had pictures of Brodie Lee in them.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

It’s funny because they’re not even aware at how desperate this makes them look. Sure it might pop a rating for 1 week and realistically how much are we looking at, an extra 100k? Then what? You can’t keep showing Punk footage every week to keep those extra eyes tuned in. :heh:

Everything they're doing is proving Punk right. Khan and those two goofballs deserve each other.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
Reading some of the old reports and I'm sure Punk embellished some parts to sound good, but overall it sounds like they had a quick scuffle that was pulled apart.

How does this make Jungle Boy look good or help reintroduce him? If they're not showing the Punk and Khan parts (at least what Meltzer said) who is this for?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Could have had Punk vs the EVPs and made yourself millions instead of using this to pop a rating because the Bucks lose tens of thousands of viewers on their own :yeshrug:
That's what makes it all so tragic. Dude had all the elements there to do something entertaining and squandered it.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
What has Cody and Brandi said about AEW?
Speaking to Chris Vannini of The Athletic, Brandi commented on leaving AEW.

“What I feared with that company, I was seeing before my eyes,” Brandi said without delving into specifics. “When you start to see things drift from the original vision and … I’ve seen this happen before, then you start to (think) this may not be what we thought it was.”