The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I guess the angle is that we wont see Danielson on AEW TV this week and Nigel will run his mouth like crazy.

At Grand Slam the match is gonna open the show. Nigel will believe he's getting the W via forfeit/no-show and at the last second Final Countdown plays.

It's a cool angle but like I said last week, a horrible way to sell tickets for a struggling show:bryan:
I don't care, we getting Nigel vs. Bryan. That clam digger can't duck him anymore :blessed:

Gate revenue even for WWE is barely a blip on the radar relative to media money though. Obviously in an ideal world they'd like to maximize ticket sales, but it's not like it's in any way threatening the future of the company if they don't come anywhere close to that.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don't care, we getting Nigel vs. Bryan. That clam digger can't duck him anymore :blessed:

Gate revenue even for WWE is barely a blip on the radar relative to media money though. Obviously in an ideal world they'd like to maximize ticket sales, but it's not like it's in any way threatening the future of the company if they don't come anywhere close to that.
The main thing with struggling tickets sales in a venue like Arthur Ashe is that a match that could have an incredible atmosphere is gonna have 5k people in a 20k stadium so it's not gonna hit like it should :francis:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
why’s it a “horrible way to sell tickets”?
Because you are not telling people that they will see the match, in fact you are actively telling them they are "probably" not seeing the match.

If Danielson shows up on Dynamite this week to tell Nigel to shut the fukk up and that he will see him at Grand Slam, that would be different. But as of last week, the graphic they had literally said "Doctors will have to clear Danielson before the match" :dead:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The main thing with struggling tickets sales in a venue like Arthur Ashe is that a match that could have an incredible atmosphere is gonna have 5k people in a 20k stadium so it's not gonna hit like it should :francis:
That's really more of a venue scheduling complaint than sales complaint though. AEW isn't even going to come close to that for a PPV these days, Sting's retirement match being the notable exception.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Because you are not telling people that they will see the match, in fact you are actively telling them they are "probably" not seeing the match.

If Danielson shows up on Dynamite this week to tell Nigel to shut the fukk up and that he will see him at Grand Slam, that would be different. But as of last week, the graphic they had literally said "Doctors will have to clear Danielson before the match" :dead:
It's a stupid way to setup the match, but only a complete dumbass is going to believe that Danielson actually isn't going to wrestle.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I knew you were gonna say that. :heh:

At this point in life, for as long as we’ve been wrestling fans, shouldn’t we expect that match to happen even if it’s not “official”? It makes no sense to promote, or even book, something if it isn’t gonna happen, especially at a “big” show.

You’re gonna tell me the match doesn’t happen after all this build up? After they just dropped a 6 hour comp of the matches they had in ROH? The only way it doesn’t happen is if some unexpected event happens.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I knew you were gonna say that. :heh:

At this point in life, for as long as we’ve been wrestling fans, shouldn’t we expect that match to happen even if it’s not “official”? It makes no sense to promote, or even book, something if it isn’t gonna happen, especially at a “big” show.

You’re gonna tell me the match doesn’t happen after all this build up? After they just dropped a 6 hour comp of the matches they had in ROH? The only way it doesn’t happen is if some unexpected event happens.
It's a stupid way to setup the match, but only a complete dumbass is going to believe that Danielson actually isn't going to wrestle.

Neither of us are buying tickets to Grand Slam. We know how much of a difference it makes when people know the matches and the people that will be on the show. It's clear the base of fans that buy tickets for Dynamite/TV is dwindling so just assuming people "will know" is a mistake if you actually want to save the show because you basically need to create buzz/hype over something what will 100% happen. Just look at the the difference it made for Chicago when they got 2 weeks of promotion of Swerve vs Hangman in a cage, it moved like 3k tickets.

Like @Saysumthinfunnymike said, it seems TK gave up on it and that's his call. I'm just saying it's a dumb thing to do when it was just as easy to just flat out say "Danielson vs Nigel is gonna happen and it's gonna be as good as you remember that match to be" instead of "ohhh, will Dragon show up :scheme:".

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Like @Saysumthinfunnymike said, it seems TK gave up on it and that's his call. I'm just saying it's a dumb thing to do when it was just as easy to just flat out say "Danielson vs Nigel is gonna happen and it's gonna be as good as you remember that match to be" instead of "ohhh, will Dragon show up :scheme:".

A possibility I've been thinking about is Danielson is ready to go have surgery. We discussed this before but I think it's looking likely that Danielson has two matches left in him before surgery. So TK asks him "who do you want to face?" and Danielson decides he'd rather do the Nigel match now while both can still go. They do this match and then Bryan drops the title in Seattle (likely to Mox).

I also realize that a lot of people don't want Mox to take the title from Danielson but I think it's a transition reign to get the belt to Darby finally.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
A possibility I've been thinking about is Danielson is ready to go have surgery. We discussed this before but I think it's looking likely that Danielson has two matches left in him before surgery. So TK asks him "who do you want to face?" and Danielson decides he'd rather do the Nigel match now while both can still go. They do this match and then Bryan drops the title in Seattle (likely to Mox).

I also realize that a lot of people don't want Mox to take the title from Danielson but I think it's a transition reign to get the belt to Darby finally.
That's a different discussion though. It's clear he's gonna leave for a extended time soon and it makes sense he wants the Nigel match now instead of waiting for 2025 (or later) because both can do it and that's not a guarantee in the future.

And the Mox thing just pisses me off because it seems TK didn't learn a damn thing from 2022. Moxley can cut all the awesome promos he can/wants but a win over him is just not bigger than a W over Danielson. So potentially wasting WrestleDream to build Mox for Darby instead of just giving the W to Darby is :snoop:.

I hope I'm wrong and Danielson shows up this Wednesday and Darby wins on Grand Slam :heh:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So potentially wasting WrestleDream to build Mox for Darby instead of just giving the W to Darby is :snoop:.

I hope I'm wrong and Danielson shows up this Wednesday and Darby wins on Grand Slam :heh:

Yeah, I don't see it happening that way because I would bet that TK believes, right or wrong, that Darby chasing Mox is the better way to go.

My prediction is Darby gets screwed, they continue to heat Mox and BCC up as heels and then Darby overcomes the odds at a further date (possibility with help from Sting)