The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

I keep reading about how good Athena's run has been. I'm not a huge fan of her (or her husband :mjpls: ), but she should absolutely get some tv time on Dynamite so that people can actually see her.
I don't think Athena has been on the flagship show since the early days of Jade Cargill's title run, and that's peculiar. I'd rather see Athena on tv than another random joshi, or run-of-the-mill boring blonde.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I keep reading about how good Athena's run has been. I'm not a huge fan of her (or her husband :mjpls: ), but she should absolutely get some tv time on Dynamite so that people can actually see her.
I don't think Athena has been on the flagship show since the early days of Jade Cargill's title run, and that's peculiar. I'd rather see Athena on tv than another random joshi, or run-of-the-mill boring blonde.
Every since Cornete and them cacs was complaining about her stiff match with the performer which was planned accused her of trying to murder the little poor white girl. Hopefully that's not the case but it seems to match up with her not being on main TV

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Every since Cornete and them cacs was complaining about her stiff match with the performer which was planned accused her of trying to murder the little poor white girl. Hopefully that's not the case but it seems to match up with her not being on main TV

I don't know much about this (if it's something from the Cornette corner of the internet, I wouldn't take it seriously) but Tony Khan made sure to have Athena as one of the representatives during the 'All IN: Texas' media tour...

GVGzF7SbcAAphVX.jpg:large

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
That's a shame. Tony Khan needs to stop letting Cornette run him. It sounds like Athena is the best woman on the roster right now, and she's being wasted on the show nobody watches.
If Tony won't put her on Dynamite, then she could at least go to Collision, right?

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That's a shame. Tony Khan needs to stop letting Cornette run him. It sounds like Athena is the best woman on the roster right now, and she's being wasted on the show nobody watches.
If Tony won't put her on Dynamite, then she could at least go to Collision, right?
Again thats just a guess because shortly after that they put her in ROH full time :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I see people discussing them lying about Jericho/Mistico, it's hilarious.... :mjlol: This reminds me of the old days where Flair would lose to someone in like New Zealand or some shyt and the NWA would try to say it never happened or there is some technicality and it doesn't "count"...

They have to be trolling :dead:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
She's likely dropping the title at the next PPV, I assume after that she is getting bumped up.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Again thats just a guess because shortly after that they put her in ROH full time :hubie:
ROH TV didn't exist until like 4 months after that Jody Threat match happened on Dark.

She proceeded to work 21 AEW matches before her first ROH TV match.

And she's worked five AEW TV/PPV matches since going over to ROH - Forbidden Door 2023 preshow, Rampage in July 2023, All Out 2023 preshow, Wrestledream 2023 preshow, and Battle of the Belts back in April.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I guess the angle is that we wont see Danielson on AEW TV this week and Nigel will run his mouth like crazy.

At Grand Slam the match is gonna open the show. Nigel will believe he's getting the W via forfeit/no-show and at the last second Final Countdown plays.

It's a cool angle but like I said last week, a horrible way to sell tickets for a struggling show:bryan: